Sign in to follow this  
Andy gal

Currency specially Zeny

Hello

I been doing some test solo farming at f_forest  with the Wizard and Sniper.

1 hour farming with those character

With no potion I get average of 1mc.

With potion I get a little over 1mc.

Not much difference.

I feel like we should atleast one of the following

1.) Increase Drop Amount of treasure boxes to atleast 10 boxes per.

2.) Force conversion of Donation Ticket/ Battleground Ticket to Mithril Coin

I prefer 1st method for solo MC farming because solo MC is so broken

If there's a GR party you can easily make 4mc~5mc every hour

But if you solo it's only 1mc per hour.

TLDR:

Boost Treasure box amount in F forest or have Force conversions.

11 hours ago, Andy gal said:

1 hour farming with those character

With no potion I get average of 1mc.

With potion I get a little over 1mc.

Not much difference.

The potion is guaranteed to always be a 50% increase in income unless you're killing the minibosses (which is generally a waste of time if the goal is to farm Zeny), so it's a pretty big difference. Using a pretty basic Sniper build it's roughly 650-700m/hour without the potion and 1b/hour with it (full build would be a bit faster). That's excluding headgear drops, of course.

2.) Force conversion of Donation Ticket/ Battleground Ticket to Mithril Coin

Price fixing almost always makes economies worse (this is true both in RO and in real life; nearly every attempt to regulate an economy harms it rather than improving it). It's better to let the open market determine the value of things like DCs/BG Tickets.

If there's a GR party you can easily make 4mc~5mc every hour

But if you solo it's only 1mc per hour.

This is actually intended; you're talking about a full party here. Solo farming is similar to a 5 person GR party (depending on which classes are in it); if it was too much faster, there wouldn't be much incentive at all to start a GR party - why waste time trying to get 15+ people when you could just solo farm and make more Zeny anyway? Keep in mind as well that unlike other SHRs, this server wasn't exactly meant to have everything be easy - the main reason for the current Zeny farming rate in F.Forest is that it's pretty much perfect for newbies (it's enough for things like refining gear, low tier enchants, and restocking basic supplies, which is enough to be competitive in BG etc, without making it too easy to set up an end-game build).

The addition of Elixirs was actually supposed to encourage some open market trading as well (for a while it did; you could make around 1.5-2b/hour off of Elixir of Lifesteal). Unfortunately the market isn't active enough atm for that to really work anymore, but organic methods like that are usually preferable over attempting to manipulate the economy more directly.

That being said, changing it to 10 Treasure Boxes per kill would be way too much (GR would be completely worthless at that point, as would Zeny itself), but depending on feedback (and whether or not I have enough time to work on an update) I could potentially look at tweaking the farming rates a bit, or implementing some related changes.