Sign in to follow this  
Andy gal

Daily Log In Reward

I propose a daily log in reward to incentives players to log in atleast once a day

Example reward for daily log in

1st day 1 Converter Box

2nd day 10 Silver coin

30th day 2mc

Etc etc....

+1

I would like to add that you have to stay logged in for at least an hour before you can claim the reward, so that we can minimize the benefit for people with spam accounts or something like that.

4 hours ago, Pope said:

+1

I would like to add that you have to stay logged in for at least an hour before you can claim the reward, so that we can minimize the benefit for people with spam accounts or something like that.

I do not think that would be necessary, you could still do 3 accounts at a time for spamming.

Limiting the number of times it can be done in a day, however, may be better to prevent abuse of daily rewards.

If one must stay an hour to get the rewards i would like to see a feature that lets you collect the rewards automatically, i think some may forget to do so, including me.

On 5/31/2020 at 7:16 PM, Sakuretsu said:

I do not think that would be necessary, you could still do 3 accounts at a time for spamming.

Limiting the number of times it can be done in a day, however, may be better to prevent abuse of daily rewards.

If one must stay an hour to get the rewards i would like to see a feature that lets you collect the rewards automatically, i think some may forget to do so, including me.

were already have lhz_dun04 daily rewards, daily contracts and other's..

This has been suggested before, but I've actually seen the opposite of the intended effect happen in almost every game I've seen this used (both as a player myself, and while observing other player comments/behaviour). Players tend to get burnt out very quickly (especially older players), as they start to feel obligated to log in rather than logging in because they actually want to play. This is more true for older players, as the rewards are generally pretty mediocre once you've got most of the things you need (they have to be; otherwise it would end up being too much effectively free stuff), but even newer players are affected by this to an extent, and obviously eventually become older players anyway.

Essentially what I've ended up seeing is a lot of players (not all of them, of course, but a pretty decent chunk of the playerbase) either burn out and stop logging in altogether because it starts feeling like a chore, or they continue logging in but because of that feeling of tedium they end up being less happy with the game/server as a whole.

I usually prefer rewarding daily activities more generally (like the bonus for your first Freyja's run each day, for example), because players don't feel obligated to log in every single day to get them - you can run Freyja's once a week and still get the bonus since it's not based on consecutive days; same with BG, as well as LHZ4/contracts as dalandan mentioned. Basically it ends up feeling like more of a reward for actually playing the game, and less of an "oh I have to make sure I log in before midnight server time or I'll lose my login streak."

There were plans to add more content to the server (which would include similar daily bonuses), but unfortunately as mentioned in an earlier update I'm not currently able to spend much time working on the server, and things like custom maps (for new instances or more custom BG modes) take an enormous amount of time to make even without all the development time on top of that. :(