Sign in to follow this  
Aziv

Area of Main Town for Vending

Would be nice to have vending authorized on a strip of land next to the buildings of main town, on the grassy area, but with conditions.

For example, disabling @autotrade and automatically closing the vending shop after several hours.

We actually have a custom map for this already at @go vend (or the second floor of the mall, if you like walking). :o You can use @whosell to check if people are selling certain items as well, so if you're looking for something specific you can check that before warping to look for it.

If you meant a separate vending area though, I personally prefer not having the player shops (or chat rooms, for that matter) in the main town, though I'm not sure how other players may feel about this.

I think it'd be a good idea to be able to vend where there is a lot of foot traffic, but again, with the conditions of having @autotrade disabled and automatically closing shop after a certain period of time, to allow for healthy turnover of stores.

This way, players can quickly open up shop when going AFK for a little while and have a higher probability of getting their store looked at during that period of time. I personally don't go into the vend area to just shop around, but this will open up the market for those selling novel items that most will not think of looking for using @whosell.

To prevent clutter in the main town, you can limit vending down to a 1 cell wide column.

I personally prefer not to have any shop or chat rooms in the main town, because I'm prone to misclick them when im heading somewhere