Sign in to follow this  
ValiantLoL

Rune Knight Guide (LK Guide)

Hey it’s Uriel, It’s been a pretty long time since I've posted on the forums, and for the longest time I've wanted to post a guide that states exactly what the title says, an LK guide.

I’ve been playing LK for years and I thought it’d be nice to share some insight on how to play LK. Note, that there are many ways you can play LK, however these are my preferences.

During my time in Anomaly, I’ve taught and helped many LKs, though many have come and gone, I do feel they always lacked the ability to remain on the class or be consistent,

with the exception of a few of my students.  They either give up because they die quickly, or feel like they lack damage.

I’ll discuss various builds and thoroughly go through why certain weapons, armor and skills are better during certain scenarios.

Stats

Spoiler

STR - Strength is crucial for damage. It increases your damage output to majority of your skills, and as a melee/tank class, it’s crucial stat to have.

AGI - Agility should be roughly enough to get max attack speed (ASPD), while also maintaining the max ASPD through quagmire and/or Dec Agi, so once you reach 192 aspd, add a bit more. ( Best way to do this is to test with an alt account or ask friends to quagmire/dec agi you in pvp or @duel )

VIT - Vitality increases your HP pool, which is important for an LK when it comes to tanking hits while dealing damage.

INT - Intelligence will increase your SP pool, your LK skills aren’t affected by int, but having a bit points invested here can definitely help with spamming skills. Do not hesitate to put some points here if you feel like you're often out of SP, or you'll have to constantly swap to a pharaoh/dracula.

DEX - Dexterity is a great stat pending where you’re playing. In case you're playing pvp, where most cases you’d want to take a bit more Dex over, say Luk, due to high flee duels, then this is the stat to put points in. Though Pheeroni  weapon swap can help with this, along with other skills. ( Concentration ). Take at least the bare minimum for instant cast, then go from there. 

LUK - Luck can help boost the atk stat for more damage. Personally, I find it to be more of a min/max kind of thing which is good to have for higher raw damage. While not necessary, I think it’s nice to have.It can also be  while also be combo’d with cards such as Arc Angeling ( A combo for Tension Relax for a quicker HP recovery when LUK => 77 )

Builds WoE/BG

1 Handed Weapon w/ Elemental Resist 

Stats

STR ~450-500

AGI ~100-120

VIT ~350/380 ( Total not base )

INT ~50/1

DEX ~200-300

LUK ~200/1

As I said before, STR/ATK are key for your build to do the most damage to your opponents. You can opt out to no int or no luk, but seeing how we are in a SHR with plenty of points, I would put them either in INT, LUK or both or even VIT if you’re feeling risky ( Higher Vit = More damage taken by Thanatos Card weapons ). 

Skills

Spoiler

There isn’t much skills you can use when it comes to 1 Handed Swords/Daggers, but they get the job done. Your primary damage dealing skill will be Bowling Bash (BB). Do note that if you’re riding a Peco while using BB, you’ll deal 5% less damage. Bowling Bash on Anomaly also has a nerf. Splash damage dealt reduced to 28% of initial damage. So BB is a better skill to use in 1v1 scenarios, though I mean, some damage is better than no damage, so feel free to use it to use this skill in team fights when use a 1H-Sword/Dagger. 

A skill to use when dealing with range classes that you can’t just get to or don’t want them to escape, Charge Attack (CA). While it has recived a slight nerf, it does the job to slow them down a bit, which can be combo’d with certain weapons or cards to reduce opponent's sp ( Dark Priest Cards or Immaterial Sword [2] ). While you won’t charge into them like you would in a pvp map on a BG/GvG map, you’ll have that range as i mentioned before. 

Magnum Break, can be used to reveal hidden players that are using an Assassin Card ( Cloak Skill), Cloak skill, or the Stalker skill Chase Walk, though remember to use Sight to delay their recloak/Chase Walk. Magnum Break will also give you a slight boost in your damage, so it can be used as a buffing/rebuffing skill. 

Buff Skills you’ll want to use are; Endure ( Gives you 10mdef, helpful vs Magic users and helps reduce the chance to freeze ), Aura Blade (100 ATK, a nice boost to your damage), Concentration ( 50 HIT, ATK%25 - damage boost + hit boost ), and as I mentioned above, Magnum Break. There is another skill you should use, Auto Berserk. Auto Zerk, when you HP reaches red, or 25%, you’ll gain 32% more ATK, giving you a higher ATK and more damage which can be the deciding point even with low health.  

Strategy

Spoiler

The point of this build is pretty simple, get in their face and hit them with Bowling Bash. The buffs/skills you’ll need to use before engaging goes as follows:

Auto Berserk → Aura Blade → Endure → Concentration → Magnum Break 

Of course, doing so also means knowing when to pick and choose your battles. If you see more than one person, say a Creator and a Mage, or even another Melee with mage/creator - it’s safe to say it’ll be a hard fight unless you’re geared for resist. So it’s safe to just move on and wait for your team or do another objective. Though remember, it’s fine to test your skills to see if it’s possible, because if it is, it might mean you can grab a few points for your team in BG, or help turn the tide in WoE. With the lack of skills with 1H-Sword/Dagger, it’s pretty straight forward.

Equipment

Spoiler

Headgear

Spoiler

Upper (U): 2 Leib Olmai Card

Middle (M): 1 Pharaoh Card, Leaf Cat Card or Giant Hornet Card

Lower (L): 2 Pharaoh Card

Enchants:

U: Earth Resist, Physical dmg vs non-boss, Reduce Freeze Duration 

M: Water Resist, Physical dmg vs Holy/Ghost, Reduce Freeze Duration 

L: Wind Resist,  STR, Reduce Freeze Duration

With this set up, you’ll have resist to Fire, Water or Wind to pair up with a few other resist gear that will be listed later. The point of this build is to have a high resist in most areas, with a few armor/garment swaps. The 3 Pharaoh cards are their as default for non switching headgears. It’s a more easy set up if you’re not used to swapping gears, though it means you’ll have less resist in the end. 

Enchants on the headgears are resist to Earth Water and Wind, which will add onto the cards and other gear with resist.

STR and Damage to non boss will help you deal more damage to your opponents along with Damage to Holy property ( many players default or use Angeling Card for easy resist ).

Though it is possible to take Ghost instead of Holy, as it’s the best elemental resist vs Creators, which means you’ll deal more damage if you’re tagging along with a creator, as they will most likely be forced to use a Ghostring Card (GR). Finally, a full set of Reduce Freeze Duration. In order to have .01 second of freeze duration, you’ll need to have 96% Reduced Freeze Duration, which will come in handy vs Mages who spam/cast Storm Gust.  

A more advanced set of cards to put in your headgears are as follows, though remember if you’re being SP sapped, it might be a good idea to swap to a Dracula Card Based Weapon or to your Pharaoh Card Headgears.

Advance:

Headgears 

U: Giearth/ Leib Olmai

M: Giearth/ Leib Olmai

L: Leib Olmai/Leaf Cat 

Enchants:

U: Earth Resist, Physical dmg vs non-boss, Reduc Freeze Duration 

M: Water Resist, Physical dmg vs Holy/Ghost, Reduc Freeze Duration 

L: Wind Resist,  STR, Reduc Freeze Duration

Enchants are the same, cards will be more so to give you resists to earth, fire, and water. 

With headgears alone, Water 20%, Earth 55%, Wind 10%, and Ghost 75% with a 10% resist Demi-Human. 

Headgears should be at least +8, but for min/max, +10. That includes high enchant rolls for what i’m explaining. Though 7-10 Enchants is fine if you don’t have the Gold Coins to roll/reroll.

The headgears you’ll use are any custom with the +10 stat, +20 stat ( Basically from Poring Coin, Zenny Shop, Custom Quest, Donation, or Battleground Headgears )

Armor

Spoiler

Basic

Armor(s): 2 Tao Gunka Card, Tao Gunka Card/Ghostring Card

You'll most likely be defaulting Tao/GR since creators are a pain to deal with, but it’s fine to default 2 Taos to take a bit more damage, then swap as your HP depletes to 1 Tao Card.

You can use Glass Armor for more MDEF, or Demon Plate for more STR. You’re free to use whichever you prefer. 

Advance

Tao Gunka/Dokebi

The Dokebi is wind element; it helps with Mages and a lot of Melee classes because they use wind - water is mostly the mages with Storm gust but don't use this armor when Creos are around

I don't recommend using this for the time being if you’re new to switching or the class.

You can use other elemental Armors as swaps, such as: 

Angeling Card ( easy resist and resist to Holy )
Argiope Card ( Resist to Poison, Shadow and Undead )

Swordfish Card ( Resist to Fire and Water - though be careful for Wind elemental )

All of which are to be used situationally. The safest thing you can default will most likely be that Tao/GR combo unless you know you’re not facing a Creator. 

Shoes

Spoiler

Sleipnir w/ General Egnigem Cenia x 2

God shoes, that are best in slot, in my opinion. As an LK you have a lot of HP, with the General Egnigem Cenia cards, you’ll gain an extra 20% HP.

You can make another pair and put 2 Cat o Nine Tails; which will mean you’ll have reflect to single target magic.

If for some reason, you don’t have drops, or don’t want to make Sleipnir, you can use Glass Boots. They provide 20% HP and SP, +5mdef and Bonus Mdef per every 2 refine by 1. With that, you can keep them at +8.

Garment

Spoiler

Glass Bracer

Can be obtained from completing and killing the Poring King from the Poring King Castle Instance. The drop rate however, is 10%, so get working if you want more resist in Water, Fire, Wind, Earth and Ghost by 10%. Glass bracer also gives MDef by 1 for every 2 refines.

Nidhoggur’s Shadow Garb/Shadow Garb

It gives you all resist in every element except Neutral by 7% while also giving you a 1% chance to recover 1% amount of given damage to SP.  I do like this garment, though it is harder

to get since you’ll need to do a bunch of quest in order to do the instance. But it is worth it, though drop rate for it is 63% chance to drop. 

Vali Manteau 

I mostly use this for neutral resist as it gives 15%. It’s dropped by Alicel, at 10% drop rate. Personally, I just carry it to counter Creators with Deviling Cards; though be careful for physical creators. 

Valkyrie Manteau 

Can be obtained by killing the mvp Randgris, with a 76% drop rate.  Valk mant gives you physical reflect, but if you don't care for that, don’t bother using. It’s most effective when used at +8 - 10. 

Card Combos

Wind (Dustiness Card)/Water (Marse Card) and Fire (Jakk Card)/Earth (Hode Card) 

Have 2 garments at least so you can switch back and forth, depending on how much damage you take. 

As I said before, you can also carry a Vali Mant with 2 Devis to counter Creos; but I don't recommend using during woe/team fights because of mages/Lks/sinx.

You’ll drop so fast if you’re hit with any element. You can sometimes use Double Devi in woe but only if you're sure you can switch to it.

With the Valk Mant, you can go 2 Raydric Cards [ Neutral Resist ] or Even Assassin Card w/ an Elemental Resist card of your choosing. 

Shield

Spoiler

Valkyrie Shield (Carry 2 Shields at least)
Shield 1: 2 Tharas Frog Card
Shield 2:  Golden Thief Bug Card & Thara Frog Card

The GTB is there to counter Decrease Agi players or dispel, with the Thara Frog you’ll take a bit of less damage, even if you’re not using two.

Though, default should be 2 Thara Frogs. Valk shield gives you elemental resist and 5 MDEF. You’ll get an easy 20% resist to water, fire, undead, and Shadow. 

Platinum Shield 

Cards: Maya Card x 2

You can also carry a Plat Shield w/ 2 Mayas; Plat shield grants 40% chance to reflect magic attacks for 2 seconds, while having Maya Cards,

you have a chance to reflect 40% total to reflect single target magic skills. This shield is mostly used for countering mages with reflect, though remember,

without Tharas or GTB cards, you’ll be taking more damage, so it’s a bit more of a gamble. 

You can also carry a Plat Shield with 2 Thara Frogs, if you’re okay with losing resist to wind water fire undead and shadow for that 40% chance to reflect. 

Shield of Naga

This shield is mostly for 1v1 or scenarios when it’s physical only. It has a chance to reflect physical damage for 5 seconds. When this shield is refined to +10 , the rate of damage reflection increases by 3% with each refine level up to +10. Cards on this would be Thara Frog x 2 for demi human resist. 

Accessory

Spoiler

Strength Belts 

STR Belts give you 20 STR and 7mdef, which is core for your build. 

Use 3 Mantis 1 Horrong or 3 Alligator 1 Horrong 

Sight is important for cloak users so use a Horrong Card; if you want 6 STR go for Mantis Cards or 6% Long Range Resist use Alligator Cards

Weapon(s)

Spoiler

Blade [4] (Carry at least 2)

Cards: Thanatos Card, 2 Sword Guardian Card , Turtle General Card

Cards: Incantation Samurai Card, 2 Sword Guardian Card, Turtle General Card

Your two basic weapons; these should be +10 since they're easy to farm - Thana is mostly used on Mages/Pallys/Creos - they tend to run high Vit -

but if you're not sure default the Incant blade - If there's multiple LKs on the team in WoE - wait for the guild leader to tell you what to use or ask. If it’s during BG,

if you’re not sure default Incant Blade.

The best elements use enchant the blades are:

Earth Convertor 

Wind Convertor 

*Shadow (Curse Water) [ Use shadow when you have a priest to use BSS, or if the lead tells you to in WoE] 

When its woe, it's good to have multiple elements on the Lks to use, since there’s only so much resist people can have.

Fire and water convertors are a bit risky to use, as it’s the easiest to resist, but it’s worth trying if you think they aren’t using.

Excalibur[2] - Holy Weapon 

Cards: Incant, Sword Guardian 

You can use this to test armors; if you start missing - that means they're using Holy so you can switch weapons - also Holy does good damage as not many resist.

Tirfing / Mysteltainn [2] - Shadow Weapon(s)

You can use this to switch vs Holy Armor users; shadow counters them and you'll deal tons of damage~ 

With the Holy/Shadow weapons; you can keep them at +8

Immaterial Sword [2] - Ghost Weapon(2)

Cards: Dark Priest x2
Is good to combo vs Ghost Armor users; you can go up to people who are tanking Creos Acid Demonstration. 

If you swap to a Dark Priest x2, you can drain SP even faster with Immaterial Sword, as it already has a chance of 0.3% to drain 30% SP.

Dark Priest Cards has a 5% chance to drain 10% SP, with the combo, you’ll have a 10.3% chance to drain 50% SP. 

Combat Knife [2]

Reduces 5% damage taken from Demi-Human, decent even after the nerf, and a good weapon for decent damage. You can put 2 Turtle Generals with this, since Sword Guardians only work on Sword Weapons, and Incant/Thanatos do not work on Combat Knife as the Combat Knife already has the effect of Incant. You can keep this at +4, +8 or if you wish to go +10 for the bonus damage since you get more damage per refine.

That should be it for 1H-Sword build, now for something I prefer, 1H-Spear Build. 

Skills

Spoiler

Your primary damage dealing skill will continue to be Bowling Bash (BB). Do note that if you’re riding a Peco while using BB, you’ll deal 5% less damage. Bowling Bash on Anomaly also has a nerf. Splash damage dealt reduced to 28% of initial damage. So BB is a better skill to use in 1v1 scenarios. However, the better skill for AoE damage is Brandish Spear. Brandish Spear deals 300% ATK with a 4 cell splash range. It’s good when opponents are stacking, and a better choice than Bowling Bash in team fights. Though, remember, Brandish Spear can only be used while riding a Peco Peco. So remember to @mount 

Spear Boomerang is one of your range attacks. It deals decent damage, nothing near Bowling or Brandish, but a decent damage dealing skill if you’re in the mood to cosplay a sniper. However, you’ll need kiel cards, or 90% Reduced After Cast Delay to get a decent spam out of it. Spear Boomerang can be used as damage dealing or supporting with Dark Priest Cards. Joint Beat, while it did receive a nerf, it’s still viable for utility. All de-buff effects reduced to 10% effectiveness. Joint beat will slow your opponents down, which is useful for objective based matches/modes. Spiral Pierce, the other range attack in the LKs arsenary, deals great damage and locks your opponents down even after the nerf. Though it’s not as ruthless, it can still be annoying.  

Magnum Break, can be used to reveal hidden players that are using an Assassin Card ( Cloak Skill), Cloak skill, or the Stalker skill Chase Walk, though remember to use Sight to delay their recloak/Chase Walk. Magnum Break will also give you a slight boost in your damage, so it can be used as a buffing/rebuffing skill. 

Buff Skills you’ll want to use are; Endure ( Gives you 10mdef, helpful vs Magic users and helps reduce the chance to freeze ), Aura Blade (100 ATK, a nice boost to your damage), Concentration ( 50 HIT, ATK%25 - damage boost + hit boost ), and as I mentioned above, Magnum Break. There is another skill you should use, Auto Berserk. Auto Zerk, when you HP reaches red, or 25%, you’ll gain 32% more ATK, giving you a higher ATK and more damage which can be the deciding point even with low health.  

Review

Spiral Pierce: ignores def already so Incant won't work and if you use it with incant, it cancels out [ needs 4 kiels or 3 kiels and durathor ]

Joint Beat: Utility skill - good to slow people down; with 3 kiels its enough to spam

Spear Boom: Good skill to hit from a far- only need 3 kiels 

Brandish Spear: doesn't need kiels but its a better option vs Grouped Enemies [ a better Bowling Bash vs stacked enemies ]

Bowling Bash:  classic, just swing away LOL

Strategy

Spoiler

The point of this build is almost the same as the 1H-Sword build. To get in their face and hit them with Bowling Bash. The buffs/skills you’ll need to use before engaging goes as follows:

Auto Berserk → Aura Blade → Endure → Concentration → Magnum Break 

However, you have more room to play with range and utility with Joint Beat, Spiral and Spear Boomerang. It’s a similar play style to a sniper, and even more so to a SinX if you combo yourself with an Assassin Card. Though you’ll be running with a bit less resist. You’ll want to use Spiral Pierce on enemies that are breakers ( during WoE) or anyone really to catch them for your team to kill. You can play utility, Joint beat to slow them, then go into damage to finish them off with Bowling Bash. 

Equipment

Spoiler

Headgear(s)

Spoiler

U: Kiel-D-01 Card/ Pharoah Card

M: Kiel/Phar

L: Kiel/Phar

Enchant(s): Reference Enchants above from 1H-Sword

Swap: Kiel/Durathor Card

If you choose not to enchant this swap, at least get freeze duration so you don't freeze. Freezing while trying to spam is a big feels bad. As you can see, you won’t have any resist cards in headgears, and if you’re spamming a lot, it’s good to have the pharaoh cards. If you’re defaulting 3 kiels + Durathor Card  with 2 Pharaoh cards, you’ll be fine so long as you swap back to a Kiel + Phar headgear until you regain back your SP to continue spamming faster with the Durathor + Kiel. 

Though, you could play it risky, and put 2-3 resist cards, with a dracula card weapon swap to regain SP, then swap back to spiral weapon. Again, this setup is only for spamming Spiral Pierce,Spear Boom, and Joint Beat. If you want pure raw damage, go back to the 1H-Sword, as it has better weapons (elemental coverage). 

I prefer to have those HG cards as a safe build, you're free to use Kiels x3 + 3 resist cards, but up to you. Just remember you'll have more swaps, and if you’re not used to it, it’s best not to, but it is good to practice and become a better player overall.

I forgot to mention, you can carry another headgear, and put 2 Arc Angeling cards on it to tension relax. You'll recover your HP/SP so long as you're not over the 50% weight.

Weapon(s)

Spoiler

Pike[4]

Cards: Thana, 2 Turtle General Card, Hydra Card

Cards: Incant, 2 TG, Hydra

Cards: Dark Priest Cards  x4 or 3 DP and Incant - Utility 

Cards: 2 TG, 2 Hydra - Spiral Pierce 

Utility: Same situation as the sword I mentioned earlier, the dark priest pike can also be  3 w/ Incant to deal a bit of damage while being annoying.

The goal with this one is to Brandish Spear, Bowling Bash, Spear Boom, Spiral Pierce, or even Joint Beat targets with the dark priest weapon.

You’ll be an annoying tank with decent damage. You can swap off the DP weapon to your damage dealing weapon after a few hits.

Spiral Pierce: You’ll want to use 2 Turtle General Cards and 2 Hydra Cards to maximize the damage. This skill uses the weight of the spear, dmg modification cards, and atk.

The skill itself already ignores defense, so no need to put incant or Thanatos. If you do, you’ll lose damage. I’ve tested other spears out, heavier ones, but a Pike with this combo deals the best damage, by far. 
Pikes are easy to farm so aim for +10. 

Spear[4]

Cards: Dracula Card x3, Incant
Basically a swap since swapping so many pikes will become confusing for some.

You can use this as a swap to get your SP back almost instantly with Spear Boom (for safe recovery) or even Bowling Bash.

Any skill really. Doesn’t need to be refined.

Long Horn[2]

Incant, TG

Same as the Excalibur [2], you can use this to test armors~ while also dealing good damage. 

You can keep it at +4, +8, or if you want you can refine to +10.

Other

Spoiler

I didn’t list these weapons, but it’s also possible to use a Randgris, Incant, Sniper card, Turtle General to deal decent damage,

while being pesky with Dispel + Physical reflect from your Valk Mant. It forces them to run GTB, or constantly rebuff themselves with elemental converters

You can also carry around a pike with 4 Abysmal Knight Cards, to break emperiums! Just make sure to carry some Curse Waters for Shadow Property to kill the emp ( Holy). You can combo this with Gloom cards, as it does more damage to Holy property.  To do this, you Pike w/ AK Cards, Curse water, Gloom armor, and use Berserk. 

The AK pike doesn't have to be +10, but if you wish you can~

Armor, Shield, Shoes and Accessories are the same as the other so i won’t be relisting them, just look above. So that’s about all you need to know about LK! There’s a few things I didn’t mention, or go in depth to min/max damage, but I won't list that, as it’s a bit harder to obtain/play with. Plus, it’s best you figure it out for yourself! Can't give everything away. Good luck and enjoy playing LK, and hope you enjoyed the read.

Edited by ValiantLoL
fixed a typo lol