Bob

A Linker lhz_dun04 Farmer

As of the latest update, there’s a new amusement park for vets. I’m sure they’re having fun gearing different jobs and testing out how well they fare against the mobs over at Lighhalzen’s fourth floor. If you’re one, please pardon this humble guide and if you find fault with it, kindly correct me in the comments bellow. Your suggestions and constructive criticism are always welcome. Thank you, Senpai/s.

For those of us with limited resources, I’ve chosen the Soul Linker for its OP magic damage and the fact that it’s the only job that can bring itself back from the grave. On average, you’d be able to get 100 kills in an hour or so, give or take some minutes for distractions such as respawning (may be bypassed with the use of berries, seeds, potions, etc.), automated events, making and eating snacks, or whatever RL throws at you.

WEAPON AND EQUIPMENT

Headgear
Custom HG of course, I highly recommend refining them as high as you can.
     Upper for  MDef
     Mid for +% damage on demi-humans
     Lower for +all stat boost 
Cards = 3 Kiels and 3 High Wizard
These will bring down After Cast Delay by 90% and bypass 45% of enemy MDef

Armor
Celerity Armor
- from the Battleground Shop
     Well, this map is practically PvP, so we might as well bring out the big guns. Do refine it as high as you dare because 2 Taos will reduce your DEF and MDef by 10, and you’d really want to compensate for that.
Cards = 2 Tao Gunka
HP, lots and lots of HP, you need it.

Shield
Valkyrie Shield

What’s not to like? 20% damage reduction from Water, Fire, Undead and Shadow attacks. Again, please refine as high as you can.
Cards = Any resist you like, you can experiment on this one 
     Ogretooth Card = 25% damage reduction from demi-human attacks and +1 Def
     Thara Frog = 25% damage reduction from demi-human attacks

Weapon
Survivor’s Rod
(item ID 1620) - from the High Wizard mob (monster ID 1639) 
     This is the +3 INT staff which forms the Survivor’s Set. Do farm lots and make a +10, you’ll need it.

Bloody Rod - quest item

This handcrafted rod reduces reflect damage on you by 20% and gives +1%Matk per refine level. If you're not into the Survivor's Set, this is your best option.
Cards = 2 Necromancer
For the total 4% bypass on enemy MDef, bringing our total magic pierce to 49%, 1% shy of the max, but that will do.

Garment
Survivor’s Manteau
- obtainable from Ktullanux
     This garment will amplify your +10 Suvivor’s Rod to give +20% Matk. I highly recommend you refine this as high as you dare, as it will give you 3x Neutral Resist of its upgrade level, but do take note of the cards you’re going to put in it first.

As soon as you have 50 Mithril Ores, I highly recommend you Enchant your garment. The higher the refine rate, the better as enchantment will give your garment +1% HP per refine level.
Cards = Feel free to experiment on this one as you’d be up against all sorts of attack. Here are my favorites:
     Kapha = +8 MDef, only if your manteau is refined at +5 or lower
     Noxious = 10% long ranged physical and neutral resist

Footgear
Sleipnir
- epic gear
     Highly recommended for its +10 MDef and +25% HP and SP (you can never have too much HP)
Titan’s Boots
     Though it only gives +4 MDef, this is something to consider as being knocked back and tossed around is seriously annoying.
Cards = 2 Fallen Bishop
+10% Matk and 10% damage to demi-human, don’t worry about the 50% reduction on your SP per card, you won’t even need Pharaoh as you’d either be eating berries or respawning long before you run out.

Accessories
INT Belts
- epic gear
     Boosts damage by roughly 3K per belt. As mentioned before, we really need the big guns, and you’d want these on you if you don’t mind the remaining 10% After Cast Delay.

Cerulean Band - epic gear

This ring reduces damage you suffer from reflected magic by 15% and magic damage dealt to you by 3%. Also gives +5Mdef. Trade off vs Int Belt is damage, but what's an extra round (or so) of Estun+Esma combo when it can improve your survivability?

Orichalcum Band - quest item

If you don't have access to castle drops, this is the next best thing to a Cerulean Band. With damage reduction from magic reflect at 10% and +4 Mdef, it's not bad at all.
Sorcerer’s Rings - quest item
     This takes care of that 10% ACD the 3 Kiel cards couldn’t handle. It gives +2 MDef and reduces SP consumption by 10% per ring. Not a bad option at all.

These rings give you options for offense, defense and speed, you don't have to wear the same on each accessory slot (not unless you want to of course) go ahead and try different combinations to suit your play-style.
Cards = 1 Osiris for full HP resurrection
     The remaining 3 slots can be filled as you see fit, here’s a few recommendations:
     Alligator = 2% long ranged physical damage reduction
     Errende Ebecee = 2% chance to auto cast Level 1 Pneuma

STATs

str = 100 Because the INT belts are heavy (why do they have to be so heavy?)
int = 500 Because you’re Matk type
dex = 180 total Because you’re gonna get Quagmired
vit = everything left Because you need to stay alive so you can kill

THE MOBS

All of the lhz_dun04 residents are of different elements. 
I imagine they’re created with the Soul Linker in mind, the way f_forest was with the Sniper (but that’s just my ego talking ‘cause I haven’t got around to asking if this is true.) 
This is why Warm Wind is your bff, Estun and Esma are your bread and butter, and Kaizel is your safety net. 
Always keep Kaizel up and do go back to town to heal/replenish SP, or eat a berry before you die. 
Pay attention to enemy element and you’d get the bonus 100 Mithril Ore before you know it.
One more thing, you need Full Chemical Protection active for as long as you’re in the map.
Trust me, do not go there without FCP, better yet, get the Unlimited FCP Scroll.

Assassin Cross
     Warm Wind Holy
These guys cloak, so don’t be surprised if they show up on top of you and start hacking away. Don’t worry, you can tank the damage long enough to kill it.

Gunslinger
     Warm Wind Shadow

One of the easier targets once you get close enough to Estun & Esma them to smithereens.

High Wizard
     Warm Wind Wind

One of the most annoying ones because of Storm Gust, Jupitel Thunder and whatnot, but nothing you can’t handle.

Lord Knight
     Warm Wind Water

There are 2 kinds, the one that’s on a Peco peco and the one that’s dismounted. Do be careful as both variations have Magic Mirror. Keep an eye on your HP and take necessary measures when you fight them.

Professor
     Warm Wind Fire

Another easy target, if you kill them fast enough. Beware of Dispel; watch out for your WW.

Stalker
     Warm Wind Ghost

These guys are as rude as Ifrit and will strip you down if you don’t have FCP. They’re all over the place so stock up before you venture forth.

Sniper    
     Warm Wind anything but ghost

They are neutral, so you can use whatever. However, they have longer range and use Charge Arrow to knock you back, so reaching them can get a bit annoying.

Whitesmith
     Warm Wind Earth

Another mob with Magic Mirror. Same deal with LK, watch your HP, and berry up when necessary.

The mobs in lhz_dun04 are like the Senpais, they’re all deadly. Only difference is, they cannot switch gears, elements, etc. (which is the only reason I am able to survive long enough to make this guide.) I highly recommend not getting close to them. Do your best to deal as much damage as you can from a distance, if not outright killing them. Spam Estun+Esma as fast as you can, cause once you're in their range, it gets annoying. Especially when the WS stun you successively, long enough to kill you. You'd really appreciate Kaizel and Osiris.
Honestly, the website says they’re all level 255, I shudder at the thought of what they’d be able to do if they’re 500/200.

That's it for this guide, good luck getting the HG you want XD. Happy farming.

Edited by Bob
Added notes as per feed back. Thank you very much.

i dont really knw how to play SL, but this guide seems very nice. i mite wana try out later. @Bob if its not too much to ask, can u also pls upload a short vid of yr SL farming on lhz_dun04? thx... xD

I won't say this is a bad guide, the armor is on point and what I would be using as a linker, however using a soul linker in that area is extremely frustrating because of the magic reflect that is present on every single enemy. It is much easier to use a gunslinger or a sniper.

If you really want to go with a linker, I would completely avoid whitesmiths and lord knights due to them having a much higher reflect and resistance rate. Unfortunately, by doing so, more of them will be spawned and you won't be able to avoid them anymore.

Edited by Sakuretsu

I'd personally recommend using a Bloody Rod to deal with the reflect here, if you're going to be using a magic class. The 20% reflected damage reduction helps a lot here in terms of reducing berry consumption (keep in mind that -20% damage is +25% effective HP), and you don't really lose out on that much damage for it imo. Could potentially pair it with 2 Cerulean Bands (50% reduction total) as well, or Orichalcum Bands as a mid tier option, though obviously at this point you'd be sacrificing quite a bit more damage so whether or not it's worth it would likely come down to how much berry spamming you want to do.

You do lose out on the Neutral resist by using the Bloody Rod as well, but most of the mobs are unlikely to be hitting you with much Neutral damage anyway, as they're all set up to simulate the use of converters / elemental ammo to some extent.

Sorry Dirty, computer is clumsy, can't get decent vid. (yeah, blame everything on the device *eyerolls*)

Thanks for the feedback Saku Senpai, I've been trying different jobs, but I haven't found the one that satisfies my thirst for damage AND survivability that will also kill all the mobs. Imma keep searching tho.

Thanks for the input Perry, imma add em to the first post.