Sign in to follow this  
Naze Ralte

Hello/Goodbye

When i found this server in rms i was excited at first then after download full client and installing, I tried to play but can't open. I thought there is something wrong with my PC so i check everything that would cause a problem and run the client/ patcher again. After that there is some need of additional file to be downloaded... soon i was trying again and guess what!!? Nothing happen. So, I reboot my PC and try again but with different tactic like I try to start using this (*look the attach pictures) but still nothing happen. 

I was checking forums and all and I saw many people complaint this and that but i didn't find any issues relating how to fix it, but one thing interest me when i check the forum, someone ask that he/she can't do full patch and the answer he/she got is to restart the PC and router also mention maybe internet connection is slow. So, i found it interesting or should i say funny.. why? you ask..... Well if the user can't do full patch means he/she didn't download in full, why can't he/she download in full? It means the user got slow connection... So to the main point, why DOES HE/SHE NEED TO RESTART/REBOOT THE PC or ROUTER....

So, I come to say hello and also goodbye.

P.S. All others server are good and can play, just trying to feel new servers and maybe it's not for me so happy gaming. Maybe I'll change my mind someday and I'll BE BACK!!!

Screenshot_8.png

Posted (edited)

I would've personally recommended contacting the server admin. He could likely get your problem solved if you just message him privately here on the forums.

Edited by Yuji

15 hours ago, Naze Ralte said:

So, i found it interesting or should i say funny.. why? you ask..... Well if the user can't do full patch means he/she didn't download in full, why can't he/she download in full? It means the user got slow connection... So to the main point, why DOES HE/SHE NEED TO RESTART/REBOOT THE PC or ROUTER....

Being unable to download something doesn't mean the connection is slow, it means the connection is unstable. This is often due to issues with the Internet provider, however it can also sometimes be a hardware issue on the user's side. Restarting the PC can sometimes correct issues with the user's network adapter, restarting the router can fix issues with the router. These are pretty standard troubleshooting steps for that type of situation, so I'm not entirely sure where you see a problem with them.

In any case, as Yuji mentioned, if you'd like to provide a more detailed explanation of the issue you're experiencing I can help you fix it. Including one of the files from the "log" folder may help as well, if the client was able to produce one.

@Naze Ralte if possible, please give it another try. if u successfully downloaded the full client, u should be able to find an application named "aRO Network Diagnostics.exe". i suggest that u try to double click to run it, & wait till the diagnosis scan is completed. then u may send the result via forum message directly to our admin @Perry the Platypus. maybe then he might be able to attend to your issue ASAP & accordingly based on the details given by the diagnosis report. i hope that your client can be fix & that u will be able to enjoy the game with us.