Sign in to follow this  
TTTWWW

Multiple Gears Swapping at Once

er no because it'll just make pvp much more low skill require as instead of fumbling through 5~6 keys, you could just click it once and str8 up change into a counter build. 

-1 to this

I agree with vyra, as much as i thought i'd never say those words

just like getting good at anything, swapping is all about getting good at it (and having the right ones for your playstyle). IT's also where the most tangible difference between players exist.

I can recommend you have your keys organized, though. For example, a "tank magic swap" would be that you press ZXCV keys and now you're ready to go. Back to your "default swap" could be QWER keys and so on. At least that's what I used to do and worked plenty.

+1 if this lets us swap out both our accessories and potentially free up more slots in our skillbars

This isn’t going to simplify swapping in pvp. Idk about you two but good players have more than just two build sets. Even with this implemented we’d still have to swap using battlemode

+1

Altough that exact interation is renewal and, not only that, from newer client versions than the one anomaly runs would make it pretty hard to implement.

If implemented I'd probably be inclined to supporting the vanilla mechanic, with a 10s cooldown between uses. But considering this is a 2 slotted server, maybe limiting the amount of gear swapped at once would create a good balance of things.

And no, it won't make pvp/bg any easier, it'll likely increase the skill cap of those who are already proeficient with their swaps.

Posted (edited)

+1 seen this in another server I played just before Anomaly released and it came in handy. Though I'm not sure if this "change" window feature is available in the current client version we have. (I know you love playing with clients Purry hehehe)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF3YlEZ_F6c

Opposed to the “normal” system of equip swap, where you have to press key by key the equips you want to swap, this new systems offers you the possibility to create a predefined set that is activated (swapped) by pressing the key which you assigned to it (as a regular skill) and swaps all your equips (or the ones you choose too, if you don’t assign any to swap, it will maintain the one you have equipped). Obviously, you don’t have to use it, given that the “normal” system is still available and with the same functionality as before.

To assign your double-set, you must have one set equipped and equip the other on the Change system (as shown on the video, notice that it will stay on your inventory, as it is not really equipped) by dragging the equipment to their positions. Then, just go to your Skill Tree →  Etc. and you will find the Equipment Change skill there. You will acquire this skill when you finish your quest on the Novice Grounds, so make sure you do it. You can also do it manually. After the swap, if you wish to get back to your initial set, all you have to is press the skill again, and it will change back to the equips that were actually equipped on the first place. Equips that are assigned to swap (not equipped) will appear in a different way on your inventory (as shown on video). Again, you can still use the “normal” system changing one by one, it won’t affect the functionality of this feature.

^Those guys made a custom skill for it tho

On 7/22/2019 at 5:39 PM, shin said:

+1 if this lets us swap out both our accessories and potentially free up more slots in our skillbars

ACCESSORY SWAP SIR!!!!!!!!!!!! 😏

Edited by Vulpecula

I don't even care about the other armor pieces. if u can make the accessories only swap, that would be valid and could be the solution for the other post that was brought up a while ago dealing with accessories swapping.

Unfortunately due to our client version this wouldn't actually be possible to implement (sadly it's not as simple as just pulling it from a newer client and patching it onto ours). Updating the client version wouldn't be a viable option either because of the enormous amount of changes/testing required - most of our custom client features are specifically set up for our current client version, so updating it would require updating and retesting every single client change we have, among other things (updating our client data, testing multiple new clients to find a stable one, updating some parts of the server core, etc).

It might be possible to do this via a skill/item as Vulpecula mentioned, and have it configured via NPC instead of the skill window, but it would be significantly more awkward due to not having a visual UI - everything would be done via NPC dialogue/menus in that case, and then probably an @command to list your current item sets in chat. Curious if people would still be interest in this kind of a set up given the reduced convenience of it, as well as what kind of restrictions might be good to include for the people that feel that swapping a full set of gear with one hotkey would be too much, assuming the feature did get added.

2 hours ago, Perry the Platypus said:

It might be possible to do this via a skill/item as Vulpecula mentioned, and have it configured via NPC instead of the skill window, but it would be significantly more awkward due to not having a visual UI - 

well yeah. his suggestion is kinda cool too.... I believe Anomalies are smart people and there is no problem figuring how this shit works through the npc...

regarding the restriction, I vote for double-accessories swap only.  

let's hear other people's opinion.

Assuming it's just 1 skill level (not multiple armor sets on different levels), I think 1 full set isn't a big deal honestly. As Shin said, most people (especially PvPers) have multiple sets for different scenarios in PvP, and I'm sure BGers do as well. I'm all for your NPC with menus/Skill idea sirrrr. But if others disagree for whatever reason, I'm fine with just a double accessory swap too

Posted (edited)

+1
Gear swap mechanic as renewal servers have would definitively be a big help in clearing some space in hotkeys for those on Anomaly. While, at the same time, adding more variety to builds/improve current builds without going through the hassle of accidentally swapping something else with the same name but different cards. It's a nice quality of life thing for pvp, woe and BG players - even pvm players who need to switch an armor, weapon and maybe acc at the same time in order to kill certain mvps faster. 

With the gear swap, you'd could be guaranteed at least 2 builds ready and easier to manage. While even pushing it to 3 or 4 builds (not have them with the swap skill- but manually or even skill bar switches), which personally, I prefer having multiple builds/set ups for various scenarios. The mechanic would be a nice added feature in my opinion. 

Not sure if its possible but, would it be possible to make an Alt+Q window to show up so you can drag and configure? Or is this why the NPC would be needed?

With that said, would pressing the skill button, say for example, switch to MDEF gear- would pressing the same skill button return to the previous gear you had on? ( Basically, will the skill button to swap back  from A to B then B to A )

Edited by ValiantLoL

Posted (edited)

If its multiple equipment switch in one click,  - 1

Good luck killing those Vets, full long range switch then full reflect then elements etc then add the duo system, No... Players gonna Make Meta sets for certain situations. Its kinda legalized macro

31b.gif

Edited by iAloneAmHoly

To some extent, it does trivializes swapping to say, a major outlier of gears - 

If your default gear setup is "General purpose", and your alternative is "Full Ranged Resist", as Holy above me stated, for BG it would be pretty Memeworthy. It'd be much less notable in PvP, but no one in this thread aside from myself and Buckets even PvPs so their opinions on PvP don't matter.

Thankfully it doesn't sound like it'd get added anytime soon due to RO's derpy client, because I personally don't feel like this would help or benefit the server in any way as it currently stands. Especially not the BG situation.

5800064.png.6d57e05f15bd89423d46d2836b0f6f58.png-1.

On 7/26/2019 at 3:49 PM, Buckets said:

I don't even care about the other armor pieces. if u can make the accessories only swap, that would be valid and could be the solution for the other post that was brought up a while ago dealing with accessories swapping.

+1 to this though.

Posted (edited)
On 8/1/2019 at 2:23 AM, iAloneAmHoly said:

If its multiple equipment switch in one click,  - 1

Good luck killing those Vets, full long range switch then full reflect then elements etc then add the duo system, No... Players gonna Make Meta sets for certain situations. Its kinda legalized macro

It'd most likely be 1 set switch, whatever you're wearing to one alternative set switch, like Justin said. Not 1 key from full long range to full reflect to full elemental to whatever else. 

Opinions on 1 full set switch? Or just accessories?

Edited by Vulpecula

Posted (edited)
On 8/2/2019 at 9:21 PM, Vulpecula said:

Opinions on 1 full set switch? Or just accessories?

Just an example: Swapping to orc lord and +10 Valk mantue quick enough is already stronk imo, now adding like maybe a Radgris weap to it without delay is even stronger ,(againts melee), and who knows what other combo players can think of, like nuke linker itll reduce the chances of catching them with their pants down with that physical element weakness cause they can quick switch the moment they see physical classes. Now accessories? am still againts it especially if both it and 1set gets implemented. Players are already tanky like crazy. Even magic classes who are supposed to be in the back lines are already kinda tanky but its highrate sooo i didnt/wont complain on them much.

* i dunno if its because of ping / latency that i can't switch like 3 or more equipment super quick even tho im sure i pressed the keys but i just took it as a balancing feature of RO. And i can also notice that players i go againts also experience this delay and i try to capitalize on it as much as i can but thinking of quick switching a whole set (even just 1) scares a average player like me : ( 

sorry -1

Edited by iAloneAmHoly