Sign in to follow this  
ArcLarien

[Suggestion] Create a Headgear costume maker NPC

Hello!

I would like to suggest the installing of a costume headgear maker in main town.

A little more specific:

The costume headgear maker converts any headgear/hat into a costume for wearing over your real headgears, in the case that you want to wear something different on top since your battle gears can be ugly or simply you like a certain look but the headgear/hat you want to wear doesn't have the effect that you need/want.

Hope to read back about this.

Regards,

Larien

Thanks for your reply, although custom is not the same as costume, I mean, to give you an example:

I like to wear goblin mask, but goblin mask doesn't have the effect of a custom headgear, and uses up 2 slots of headgears, therefore, if I want to wear goblin mask, I'd be losing +30 all stats and 2 slots just to look the way I want to.

So, a costume converter would be good for those who like looking different than simply wearing custom headgears.

Regards

+10 newbie halo/wings combined with donation/vip HG costume = can save billions

billions saved mean the zeny sinking mechanism will be dead, sooner or later

As much as it sucks to not be able to choose whatever headgears we want, it would be unbalanced as you could just refine the easiest headgears to obtain at +10 and then hide it with another headgear, wether its a custom headgear or not.

For instance, i could make characters and delete them until i can craft my newbie halo and wings to +10, then hide it with a morpheus hood and a goblin mask.

Maybe the headgear tier system could be used here to determine which costumes can override what? (for context, it is a mechanic used when doing refine transfers which allows you to transfer refines from one "quality level" of headgear to itself or a lower "level", a donation tier cannot override a VIP tier, but the VIP tier can override a donation tier)

Edited by Sakuretsu

this headgear thingy doesnt appeal me as im a deadmau5 user and everything is hidden so yea bye -1 for this suggestion no Kappa im serious.

6 hours ago, Sakuretsu said:

Maybe the headgear tier system could be used here to determine which costumes can override what? (for context, it is a mechanic used when doing refine transfers which allows you to transfer refines from one "quality level" of headgear to itself or a lower "level", a donation tier cannot override a VIP tier, but the VIP tier can override a donation tier)

This would be overcomplicating it, imo.

As stated before, all HG have the same effect

You can just request @ii 60515 to be added, it's already in the system.

Also, for future reference, there's this too:

https://www.anomalyro.com/forums/topic/87-official-headgear-requests-thread/

36 minutes ago, Bob said:

This would be overcomplicating it, imo.

As stated before, all HG have the same effect

You can just request @ii 60515 to be added, it's already in the system.

Also, for future reference, there's this too:

https://www.anomalyro.com/forums/topic/87-official-headgear-requests-thread/

No, official headgears dont have custom headgear effects. They are different in that regard. This would be a way to make any headgears in the game cosmetic without having to use that post.

Like, you would be able to instantly have whatever headgears you want instead of waiting to get the ones you want.

In the system where you post on the forums to request for a headgear you want, you wait a month at most (or until the next update) to get the headgear you want, and there's a chance you might not get it. This would be a way to bypass that. Also, some people shy out of posting on the forums, so this would let them not have to bother anyone.

Edited by Sakuretsu

Pardon my poor choice of words. What i meant was all custom HG have the same effect.

I think a substantial amount of official HG have custom copy (copies in terms of recolors?) in the Donate and Battleground shops. Maybe we just need to wait a bit (or longer) and eventually ALL official HG will be added?

Plus it completely makes transfer refines and transfer enchants useless.

7 hours ago, Bob said:

Pardon my poor choice of words. What i meant was all custom HG have the same effect.

I think a substantial amount of official HG have custom copy (copies in terms of recolors?) in the Donate and Battleground shops. Maybe we just need to wait a bit (or longer) and eventually ALL official HG will be added?

Plus it completely makes transfer refines and transfer enchants useless.

On one hand, from a min-maxer's point of view, transfer enchants and transfer refines are already useless and a waste of money. You could run around in newbie wings and halo +10. You'd look stupid but youd still have the stats. However, this is an argument posted at an extreme, so it's invalid.

There are hundreds and hundreds of headgears out there that would require being converted. This is a process that could take years to add them all, if we keep using the request & add format. And as i've said, some people shy out from posting in the forums as it puts them under a spotlight. However, there are also many headgears out there that not many people would really ever use.

In the system I proposed, you still wouldn't be able to have a donation specific headgear while holding a piece of zeny headgear or newbie wings.

If I may be bold for a moment, when you make a claim such as "it makes transfer refines and transfer enchants useless" you should back it up with an argument. Why is it useless? What would change? I don't want to be mean about this, but it helps enlightening everyone.

For instance, you could have said: is that it creates a new mechanic that "favors the creation of the easiest headgear to obtain and then hide it with an official headgear that suits your style." And actually, you could have said that it makes it cost nothing to have said "mass created headgear" hidden with the headgear you like (Something i've did in the past, but with refine transfer). I certainly would have agreed with that.

And that seems to be the main reason why hiding headgears with costumes would not work at the current state of the game.

Edited by Sakuretsu

EXACTYLY! @SakuretsuSenpai, couldn't have picked better words myself. Thanks

#rUaMindreader?

/hmm

But it makes me wonder...

Pardon my impertinence, but if you have such a point to make, what's the deal with the tiered costume system?

While I do understand the appeal of this, it would heavily devalue a number of things (refine transfers, Refine Tickets, pretty much every headgear other than Newbie Wings/Halo), and the current system already does allow for a very large range of customization. Unfortunately I think that this would have a pretty negative impact on the economy (especially in the long run), with only a small/niche benefit compared to how our headgears are already set up.

As Bob mentioned as well, any headgears that don't already have custom versions can be requested in the headgear request topic if you're looking for something specific; while they won't be added instantly, they will be added to the queue for a later update (unless for some reason they aren't approved, though with kRO Customs that's usually only the case if they're bugged), so they should eventually make it into one of the shops.

11 hours ago, Perry the Platypus said:

if you're looking for something specific

item id 33777 (wink wink <3

4 minutes ago, Vyra said:

Request denied. c:

Really though, the current sprite we have has some buggy action files that need to be fixed first. . . Otherwise your hat will fly away.
decapitated disco

3 hours ago, Simmy said:

Request denied. c:

Really though, the current sprite we have has some buggy action files that need to be fixed first. . . Otherwise your hat will fly away.
decapitated disco

i can wait though, when the time the disco hits, only vyra will party back to Anomaly

4 hours ago, Vyra said:

I posted in your topic on May 13 explaining that we don't have the spriter's permission to release a modified version of their headgear, even if the sprite wasn't bugged. Bringing it up in unrelated topics is pretty much just spam at this point.