Sign in to follow this  
Sakuretsu

Converter removal scroll

I've been thinking that adding a scroll that removes the current elemental converter status could be very useful. It could be especially great for taekwon jobs which have to use warm wind level 7 if they want to revert to their normal weapon element (for them, at any other level of warm wind, swapping a weapon does not remove the elemental weapon status, also taekwon kids cannot swap weapons).

This would make it that you wouldn't have to requip a weapon to change the element back to it's original state, you could use the scroll instead.

Edited by Sakuretsu

This literally only benefits taekwon right? Its not that hard for other jobs to swap weapons back and forth (you only need 2 slots and fingers) 

3 hours ago, Robb said:

This literally only benefits taekwon right? Its not that hard for other jobs to swap weapons back and forth (you only need 2 slots and fingers) 

Would be one button for them.

The thing is if you try to swap your weapons too fast chances are you'll have the wrong weapon equipped.

Edited by Sakuretsu

This sounds like a pretty good idea; might be a bit niche to some people, but it's simple enough to add and shouldn't be any kind of a balancing concern (since it'll simply remove the elemental endow status as opposed to being a Neutral converter), and I do like adding simple quality of life improvements. Obviously the alternative that Robb mentioned still exists, but I (and I think most people) usually put converters together in my hotkeys, and having a dedicated "reset" key alongside those would feel more natural than swapping weapons to do it.

They could just be added to the Converter Boxes so they're included with them whenever you get converters, or they could be added separately to increase PC value a bit with a new item in the shop and/or maybe put more per box than if they were bundled with the converters. Would be curious to know what was preferred here, as well as what amounts would be considered reasonable for either of the two options.

I'm also curious what the thoughts would be on potentially having an unlimited version - we don't plan to add unlimited converters, but this could be argued as being a different type of item, and some players have actually been asking for more donation items to help stabilize DC prices a bit. I don't have a preference either way for this case so I'd love to hear some opinions for this part as well.

Please add weapon element neutralizer in Poring Coin shop.

Not unlimited, but in separate box.

Farmers can make the other 4 scrolls (if they want) so bundling it with the others will be a waste.

#givePCsome<3

9 hours ago, Perry the Platypus said:

This sounds like a pretty good idea; might be a bit niche to some people, but it's simple enough to add and shouldn't be any kind of a balancing concern (since it'll simply remove the elemental endow status as opposed to being a Neutral converter), and I do like adding simple quality of life improvements. Obviously the alternative that Robb mentioned still exists, but I (and I think most people) usually put converters together in my hotkeys, and having a dedicated "reset" key alongside those would feel more natural than swapping weapons to do it.

They could just be added to the Converter Boxes so they're included with them whenever you get converters, or they could be added separately to increase PC value a bit with a new item in the shop and/or maybe put more per box than if they were bundled with the converters. Would be curious to know what was preferred here, as well as what amounts would be considered reasonable for either of the two options.

I'm also curious what the thoughts would be on potentially having an unlimited version - we don't plan to add unlimited converters, but this could be argued as being a different type of item, and some players have actually been asking for more donation items to help stabilize DC prices a bit. I don't have a preference either way for this case so I'd love to hear some opinions for this part as well.

I would normally be against any sort of infinite scroll, but it doesnt seem like this one would pose too much trouble here, as it would simply do whatever happens if you equip and unequip a weapon. 

If it were to be bundled with the current pack, the price of the pack should not be increased. I think having it seperate would be a better idea.

It is also worth noting that taekwon's warm wind is not removed on weapon switch unless its warm wind holy, so it would make it much easier for them to revert to normal.

+1 to Perry's idea overall because i was gonna mention that maybe you could change the amount of fire/water scrolls given in the box and had more to earth/wind because of how mainly there are used than the other two. however, since you brought up the idea for unlimited, just as Saku said I don't think it is gonna be a hindrance to the overall speculations of things thus making them a valued item to get and help the economy concerning DC

Having it unlimited makes sense if you ask me. It's a QoL convenience item similar to FCP, having to constantly buy it would make it more of a chore than anything people would be willing to buy vs a 1 and done type of deal.

Imagine buying fcp scrolls every day / week / month.

Edited by Yuji

I should probably clarify that if an unlimited version were to be added, it'd be separate from the one in the PC Shop (so there would still be an option for F2P players), as is the case with the FCP Scroll. So it isn't a one or the other kind of thing, there'd just be a secondary option for players that don't want to constantly restock it.

That being said, would a box of 5 for 1 Poring Coin be a reasonable price for the consumable version?

6 hours ago, Perry the Platypus said:

I should probably clarify that if an unlimited version were to be added, it'd be separate from the one in the PC Shop (so there would still be an option for F2P players), as is the case with the FCP Scroll. So it isn't a one or the other kind of thing, there'd just be a secondary option for players that don't want to constantly restock it.

That being said, would a box of 5 for 1 Poring Coin be a reasonable price for the consumable version?

I would say 6 for 1 poring coin, which would be half of the content you'd get from a regular converter box.

Also, a bit of a piggyback on this topic(converters?):
Would a npc to convert 3 of a specific converter into 1 of a different converter be too much work?
If it's possible, that'd be great, probably most if not all physical dps players(except snipers maybe?) have fire/water verters just piling up.

Maybe similar to the bulk npc, with an added zeny tax for the conversion.

6 hours ago, Seuvagem said:

fire/water verters just piling up

/omg Why water converters Senpai???

Please use it in GR 👿

Kidding aside, isn't 6 such an odd number tho?

Neutralizers are 'not exactly' converters, more like "reverters"...?

Even poison bottles are 5 a bundle.

IDK I think I need more sleep /swt

Edited by Bob
Sumimasen, Senpai

I just thought of something. I think that using the elemental converter removal scroll should stop auto attacks. One situation where it would be problematic if there was no animation is on the emperium. You could spam the converter removal scroll while hitting the emperium and remove any aspersio that is cast on him, without interrupting the auto attack.

Prepped for the next update.

Price will be 5 for 1 PC; I don't necessarily think the amount needs to be based on the Converter Box, since as Bob mentioned it is a different item, and it wouldn't necessarily be used every time someone uses a converter. If it ends up being an unreasonable price for any reason we can look at changing the amount (or adding a bigger box that's a better deal for buying in bulk) at a later date. :o

The scroll will do a fake skill cast animation (so it'll look visually identical to using a converter) and cancel auto attacks. In theory it should be functionally the same as using a converter, so if any meaningful differences are noticed between the two after the update let me know.

On 7/11/2019 at 7:08 PM, Seuvagem said:

Would a npc to convert 3 of a specific converter into 1 of a different converter be too much work?

I think the best way to do this would be to trade, for example, 3 Fire Converters to 1 Fire Converter Converter, which is then traded at another NPC to the one you want. Or maybe I just want to name an NPC "Converter Converter Converter."

In all seriousness though, I think this would be best served as its separate own topic; it wouldn't necessarily be hard to do, but I'm a bit on the fence about it, as it potentially devalues the Converter Boxes to some extent which would lower the value of PCs. Would definitely prefer to get some more focused feedback on this idea from others before making any decisions about it.

On 7/6/2019 at 10:22 AM, Robb said:

Clearly you haven't played Gunslinger a day in your life