Sign in to follow this  
Perry the Platypus

Server Updates (April 2, 2019)

Hi everyone! Today we have a new rewards system for WoE, a bunch of new consumable items, and some quality of life updates to go with them! Also you can now make other people's pets shut up, which will probably be the highlight of this update for some of you.

Server Updates

Update: War of Emperium now includes a new rewards system for guilds that hold a castle for more than 5 minutes
-For every 5 minutes that a guild holds a castle, the guild leader will received 1 Fragment of the Sun God
-One additional fragment will be given for every 30 points of economy the castle has (up to 4 fragments every 5 minutes)
-All fragments will be sent to the guild leader via mail at the end of WoE
-Players can trade 7 Fragment of the Sun God for 1 Emblem of the Sun God by speaking to the WoE Manager
-Total time will be added up across breaks, so holding a castle twice for 3 minutes will count for a total of 6 minutes
-Hold time is counted per castle, so holding two castles separately for 3 minutes will NOT give rewards
Update: Added Battle Potions to the Battlegrounds Shop for 5 Battlegrounds Tickets each, or 75 Battlegrounds Tickets for a box of 20
-Battle Potion of Attack - Increase Atk by 5%
-Battle Potion of Magic - Increase MAtk by 5%
-Battle Potion of Defense - Reduce all incoming physical damage by 5%
-Battle Potion of Spirit - Reduce all incoming magic damage by 5%
-Only one potion at a time can be in effect (using another potion from the set will cancel the previous potion's effect)
-Effects last 5 minutes, cannot be dispelled, and are lost on death
Update: Added Elixirs, which drop from various monsters at a 10% chance
-Elixir of Recovery - Recover 0.5% of max HP every 5 seconds when out of combat - Hill Wind, Peco Peco
-Elixir of Mentality - Recover 2.5% of max SP every 5 seconds when out of combat - Alarm, Bongun
-Elixir of Lifesteal - Recover 5% of all physical damage dealt as HP (reduced to 1% for AoE/splash) - Ancient Mimic, Firelock Soldier
-Elixir of Soul Steal - Recover 2.5% of all magic damage dealt as HP (reduced to 0.5% for AoE/splash) - Bathory, Gargoyle
-Elixir of Healing - Increase healing effectiveness by 5% when healing others - Errende Ebecee (15% drop rate), Pasana
-Elixir of Vitality - Increase maximum HP by 5% - High Orc, Stalactic Golem
-Only one potion at a time can be in effect (using another potion from the set will cancel the previous potion's effect)
-Effects last 5 minutes, cannot be dispelled, and are lost on death
Update: Added Bulk Crafting NPC at caspen 179 223
Update: Added Combined Resist Potion (applies all 4 elemental resist potion effects), which can be crafted at the Bulk Crafting NPC
Update: Added Level 5 Fire Wall scroll to the Convenience Shop for a base price of 75m
Update: Added Catalyst Potion to the Convenience Shop for a base price of 2m, which has the same effect as a Mistress Card
-Effect lasts 10 minutes, cannot be dispelled, and is lost on death
Update: Added Potion of Greed to the Poring Coin Shop for 25 PCs, which increases Treasure Box drops in Forgotten Forest

-Effect lasts 1 hour, cannot be dispelled, and is not lost on death
Update: Added @petchat command to enable/disable the display of random pet dialogue (note that this simply hides it from your chat, it doesn’t prevent others from seeing your pet’s dialogue)
Misc: Reduced the frequency of some types of random pet dialogue to make them less spammy
Misc: Exit NPCs in the Dead Branch Rooms will now heal the player when clicked
Bugfix: Fixed a bug that could cause guild storage to get locked in rare cases
Bugfix: Fixed a bug with the Half-buried Gems in the Ring of the Wise King quest line that could prevent progressing through the quest if the player's inventory was full

Balancing

Buff: Mistress Card now affects Ninja stone requirements as well

Dunno why no one has posted on this yet, but

3 hours ago, Perry the Platypus said:

Balancing

Buff: Mistress Card now affects Ninja stone requirements as well

5800075.png.91bba8c80a26915a0f1fa72e1e0b3b60.png

Thanks for the cool update. This is sure to add some diversity to how people prioritize their objectives and forms of play in all PvP environments - Although now I'm stressing over how exactly I'm going to fit all these cool and nifty potions onto my already screeching battlemode that I barely manage to keep afloat... 

Also, @Vergil

3 hours ago, Perry the Platypus said:

Update: Added Level 5 Fire Wall scroll to the Convenience Shop for a base price of 75m

I better see you in those gold room parties BOY

7 hours ago, Perry the Platypus said:

o-ohhh..... so u were actually serious when u had done the caculations for the original price. i thought it was a joke LOL, i  doneimage.jpeg.c2aa812c3760a9aa36fad9319c595c15.jpeg myself omegalul.

36 minutes ago, Fuego Bomb Jimmy said:

Would the pet still snitch on you when you have low health?

Nothing has actually been changed with when the pet dialogue occurs, or which dialogue, aside from combat dialogue being a bit less frequent/spammy. The command just hides all pet dialogue (including other people's pets) from you, but does not prevent your own pet from displaying dialogue to other people who don't have it hidden.

22 minutes ago, Buckets said:

o-ohhh..... so u were actually serious when u had done the caculations for the original price.

Keep in mind that it can still be discounted, so using a Whitesmith/Stalker (or a VIP account) would lower the price to 56-57m each. We ended up keeping that price since there wasn't much feedback on that specific part of the suggestion topic, and using this price avoids making it completely pointless to farm them normally for players who don't mind the time it takes to do so. :o

I don't know if its added some time ago and i just didn't realize it, or its added on this update...

But there's item called Potion of Greed in PC shop now.

4 hours ago, Perry the Platypus said:

combat dialogue being a bit less frequent/spammy

why not totally remove it? ;o

2 hours ago, TTTWWW said:

^
Update: Added @petchat command to enable/disable the display of random pet dialogue (note that this simply hides it from your chat, it doesn’t prevent others from seeing your pet’s dialogue)

Posted (edited)

my point is, this still not preventing players from getting rat out by their own pet. ;o

disabling only the display seems not very helpful imo. ;o

in my country they call it "kantoi"

image.png.3483fa55ccb67e8532c9e355c1972521.png

image.png

Edited by TTTWWW

When I  re brought the topic of disabling pets talk/ emote spam, my intentions was because of the exact reason tttwww brings up when they expose your hp when you hit 25%. Now in my opinion, it’s not necessary anymore because the threshold amount of vit you should always have is 380 total. So, if anyone is still bothered that they still do must be Thana bait. Most of you guys don’t pvp so we wouldn’t be able to tell if your thana bait or not in bg but, I would sometimes swap to that and examine whether players die quicker or not regardless.

i would rather start using a pet because of how beneficial it is to gain the extra stat points. Let’s say even if u didn’t had a pet, for those who pvp we could tell at what point and when your hp is at a certain point. For example, when u see a significant dmg decrease that means your opponent hit 75% and is busting out the swaps. When u start seeing big reflect dmg  or somehow out of no where they starting to do more dmg or even some random stuff that means they hit the 50% mark and went into last resort. Obviously you would have a hard time if someone could sustain their hp mainly acolyte and paladins depending on certain build structure.

So all In all, I think people are afraid to get exposed of how much vit they have in bg or  in pvp in general and it doesn’t matter if they start going more into offense when they notice you are low in health because of your pet because that should be the motive either way. If u scared then don’t use a pet but, if u give no fuks then Go ahead and use a pet.

8 hours ago, TTTWWW said:

Combat dialogue includes other dialogue types too (random dialogue while attacking, which is particularly noticeable in places like the Gold Room), not just the critical HP dialogue. The original suggestion didn't actually make mention of the critical HP dialogue aside from one of the replies, while the rest seemed to be more around how spammy/annoying the pet dialogue was.

In theory the critical HP dialogue could be viewed as a downside or trade-off for using a pet and getting the stat bonus, so I would think of it as a separate topic from the annoying pet spam; it could certainly be discussed in a new topic, though.

4 hours ago, iAloneAmHoly said:

Whats considered "out of combat"? XD

No damage dealt or taken for at least 10 seconds - it works the same way as the updated Crusader Spirit effect. :o