Jump to content
Trixie

State of WoE

Recommended Posts

Recently came back to find only one guild is currently active for WoE. This has been the case ever since the time-change was brought into effect. There have been some recent guilds that have popped up (X-men) being one of them that consisted of some veteran players leading newbies that promptly died out to inactive leaders. (Xylon's guild is another case yet the leader quit the server after feeling unable to compete with the current guilds and blamed it on some absurd notion that all the guilds/GMs were banded together against him --which was not the case but one can see where he is coming from as his guild was simply unable to 1) recruit in a sustainable manner and 2) compete in the long run 3) have an experienced leader. Currently, one Guild has only been active (and this was the case as well before X-men was formed it seems). THW has been away for almost 2 months now and doesn't seem to be active and WoE-ing any time soon. 

I know we are all hoping for a "new guild" to pop up but from what it seems like, as a WoE and BG centered server, the lack of WoE activity really impacts the population. I know some folks who have only logged in for WoE and/or played for WoE (not everyone likes BG as the class comps/initiatives are completely different). When a new guild does form, are they expected to face a seasoned guild who has amassed WoE drops/experience and gear? (Yes they can use the budget builds but it's also experience and familiarity with the game that many newbies may not have). How can we keep the new guilds engaged and lively about WoE and not be discouraged about just dying for nothing while the main guilds hold all the castles? 

X-men seems to be a bad example as there were veterans who headed the guild with resources/and also drew on a pool of guildless players who have had time to get settled in the guild to help with the newbies they recruited. I do think the situation would be different for new guilds forming in the server with no previous ties.

What are some possible suggestions to address this? I feel like there are several players who will return given a chance that something changes with the current WoE scene (having another active guild + some form of rewards that may help with being unable to take castles but still participate in WoE might be one of them). Or are we all holding our breath for some random guild to return/form to provide "competition"? (No sarcasm, honest question).

Edited by Trixie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Trixie said:

Recently came back to find only one guild is currently active for WoE. This has been the case ever sense the time-change was brought into effect. There have been some recent guilds that have popped up (X-men) being one of them that consisted of some veteran players leading newbies that promptly died out to inactive leaders. (Xylon's guild is another castle yet the leader quit the server after feeling unable to compete with the current guilds and blamed it on some absurd notion that all the guilds were banded together against him --which was not the case but one can see where he is coming from as his guild was simply unable to 1) recruit in a sustainable manner and 2) compete in the long run). Currently, one Guild has only been active (and this was the case as well before X-men was formed it seems). THW has been away for almost 2 months now and doesn't seem to be active and WoE-ing soon. 

I know we are all hoping for a "new guild" to pop up but from what it seems like, as a WoE and BG centered server, the lack of WoE activity really impacts the population. I know some folks who have only logged in for WoE and/or played for WoE (not everyone likes BG as the class comps/initiatives are completely different). When a new guild does come form, are they expected to face a seasoned guild who has amassed WoE drops/experience and gear? (Yes they can use the budget builds but it's also experience and familiarity with the game that many newbies may not have). How can we keep the new guilds engaged and lively about WoE and not be discouraged about just dying for nothing while the main guilds hold all the castles? 

X-men seems to be a bad example as there were veterans who headed the guild with resources/and also drew on a pool of guildless players who have had time to get settled in the guild to help with the newbies they recruited. I do think the situation would be different for new guilds forming in the server with no previous ties.

What are some possible suggestions to address this? I feel like there are several players who will return given a chance that something changes with the current WoE scene (having another active guild + some form of rewards that may help with being unable to take castles but still participate in WoE might be one of them). Or are we all holding our breath for some random guild to return/form to provide "competition"? (No sarcasm, honest question).

I just want to clarify that after X-men was passed on to new leads, many of them found the state of WoE to be discouraging and without the experienced leads/resources it was a lot more difficult to organize and compete (many of them were new to the server as well). Budget builds work fine yet they were also lead by 3-4 veteran players who could create a comp and were geared and well versed in their classes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Trixie said:



How can we keep the new guilds engaged and lively about WoE and not be discouraged about just dying for nothing while the main guilds hold all the castles? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

What is the point of this post? I started as a newbie, I am one of the core members of X-Men. We joined WOE and there was 5 of us (2 geared and 3 of us are on budget builds).  I admit I became a competitive type of player in woe because of the challenge in getting a castle. I got geared because I made friends in game who helped me. We were able to get castles because of teamwork. X-Men became active because most are busy with their lives some at school and some at work. You just need to build friendship to earn trust in game and not by recruiting randomly then gearing them up because they didn't work hard for it and that will lead to the player leaving the server. Players needed to exert time and effort + commitment in playing a game.

 

FYI, most X-Men members got geared because we usually start Gold Room parties that lasted for hours. As individuals, we join gr if there's chance that when we started to gear up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Trixie said:

Recently came back to find only one guild is currently active for WoE. This has been the case ever since the time-change was brought into effect. There have been some recent guilds that have popped up (X-men) being one of them that consisted of some veteran players leading newbies that promptly died out to inactive leaders. (Xylon's guild is another case yet the leader quit the server after feeling unable to compete with the current guilds and blamed it on some absurd notion that all the guilds/GMs were banded together against him --which was not the case but one can see where he is coming from as his guild was simply unable to 1) recruit in a sustainable manner and 2) compete in the long run 3) have an experienced leader. Currently, one Guild has only been active (and this was the case as well before X-men was formed it seems). THW has been away for almost 2 months now and doesn't seem to be active and WoE-ing any time soon. 

I know we are all hoping for a "new guild" to pop up but from what it seems like, as a WoE and BG centered server, the lack of WoE activity really impacts the population. I know some folks who have only logged in for WoE and/or played for WoE (not everyone likes BG as the class comps/initiatives are completely different). When a new guild does form, are they expected to face a seasoned guild who has amassed WoE drops/experience and gear? (Yes they can use the budget builds but it's also experience and familiarity with the game that many newbies may not have). How can we keep the new guilds engaged and lively about WoE and not be discouraged about just dying for nothing while the main guilds hold all the castles? 

X-men seems to be a bad example as there were veterans who headed the guild with resources/and also drew on a pool of guildless players who have had time to get settled in the guild to help with the newbies they recruited. I do think the situation would be different for new guilds forming in the server with no previous ties.

What are some possible suggestions to address this? I feel like there are several players who will return given a chance that something changes with the current WoE scene (having another active guild + some form of rewards that may help with being unable to take castles but still participate in WoE might be one of them). Or are we all holding our breath for some random guild to return/form to provide "competition"? (No sarcasm, honest question).

Dude, most of us have lives in the real world, we also have jobs and families to take care of, i cant blame the others if they leave coz all of us will leave the server, its just a matter of time. Some of us stay coz we're having fun (bg, invasion, pk, contracts, gr party)

 

We still wanna do woe, the problem is we're just 5 guild members vs a guild consist of 20+ members. I even convince the new players to do BG instead of selling their Tao's and Kiels coz right now no one's buying it, the problem is they just wanna do MVP's and bounties. So if they dont  wanna play in BG same with woe, coz i think woe is just a 1 hour BG with your guildmates.

 

If you wanna see some woe scene, why dont you form a guild and ask some new players to join you, maybe im just wrong in approaching them and didint have the ability to convince them.

 

And im tired of doing woe alone, i did that before in Mystics..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

x-men is not a bad example, x-men is a good example whereby even newbies(with budget gears & build)...

but with a good leadership & a GREAT TEAMWORK, we still hv a good WOE thou~

all of us can create/join guild easily. but then to maintain a guild is never easy.

jst like @Meeeko14 said~

we hv life in real life((work/school), so is understandable.

therefore sometimes we are unable to sustain a good attendance.

peace out ppl, & hv a nice day!

 

*i am just 1 of the humble noob member of the x-men.

Ho0Z.gif

Edited by dirtysin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Trixie said:

(some form of rewards that may help with being unable to take castles but still participate in WoE might be one of them)

I think most people dodged the last part. I can sympathize a bit for people wanting to make new guilds. Making a guild requires budget, it isn't something anyone can build just with friendship and expect it to last long enough to provide some entertainment. NO YOU CAN'T. No one can make a guild and not have their members get paid. Let's say you have 6 good friends who are willing to help you out to join your guild, but then again, the number of friendship is limited therefore, eventually the leader will need to recruit/hire more people. So, what if the leader isn't that rich, not an old vet (fart) like me and the rest (i'm actually poor), What is he gonna pay his/her new members (most probably newbies) as salary for every WoE, FRIENDSHIP? *Clicks Mail*, *types in IGN of member*, *Writes a message* *The guild is lucky to have you! As for your salary, here's my never-ending friendship.. Best Regards, Your Guild Leader*.

 

Even if the guild leader means well, people won't stay in a guild for long if they are not getting any sort of salary. We're talking about new-mid players who are looking for activities that may help them earn money. Worst case scenario, Leader gives them 1 MC per woe, LOL I would rather join a gold room party and get that 1 MC for 10-15 mins. 

 

Suggestions / Feedback:

*Guild Pack  ( Includes Tao Gunkas, some Kiel cards, some Minor belts IDK could be anything)

*Turning WoE a bit similar to BG, by including like a WoE Ticket (non-tradeable) for every 1 minute or IDK, could be anything.

*Adding a WoE NPC that sells unique items and good looking HG's for the tickets

( this thing could be easily abused by afk-ers etc, like just hiding in a side castle, or maybe move like every 5 mins, but hey, at least i tried )

 

I just threw away everything I could think of at the moment. Well its not much, if anybody here has a better idea, that'd be great. I'm a very inactive player but I do hope that maybe in some way guilds will get another form of incentive to keep them motivated to play WoE and of course make the server a bit more lively.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rhapsody said:
12 hours ago, Trixie said:

(some form of rewards that may help with being unable to take castles but still participate in WoE might be one of them)

 

it might be a GREAT IDEA thou...

just like the example of BG~

participated 5 continuous rounds, evry1 will at least get their UCA & some BG tix

(even when they lose that 5 rounds).

tenor (1).gif

Edited by dirtysin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rhapsody said:

 

Suggestions / Feedback:

*Guild Pack  ( Includes Tao Gunkas, some Kiel cards, some Minor belts IDK could be anything)

*Turning WoE a bit similar to BG, by including like a WoE Ticket (non-tradeable) for every 1 minute or IDK, could be anything.

*Adding a WoE NPC that sells unique items and good looking HG's for the tickets

( this thing could be easily abused by afk-ers etc, like just hiding in a side castle, or maybe move like every 5 mins, but hey, at least i tried )

 

 

 

 

The idea is rough but honestly I could see it being a thing, because unless a huge guild joins (big enough to run efficient GR parties, their own BG matches and MvP farming with timers in unison), it'd be so hard for some people to catch up when no one is willing to do anything because they have everything, At which point we literally rely on advertising to bring in enough people who all want the same thing - which is another problem in itself...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think theres anything Perry can add into the game that can make leading/maintaining a guild easier. 

 

I have helped maintain a guild and I also lead a guild. Both times I did the same thing. Devote all of my time in RO by sitting in caspen, saying hi to newbies, welcoming them to the server and offering them a hand. 

 

Leading and maintaining a guild requires a lot of time and patience. You have to help your guildies, help newbies out, organize your guild if you’re woeing (roster, classes, attendance ,salary) it is a lot to do for just one person. Just the first two alone already takes up a lot of your time.

 

I dont think theres anyone who is willing to do  what I just listed. Which results in newbies not having anywhere to go which pushes the newcomers away. It doesn’t matter if we get a big influx of newbies if we dont have anyone who is willing to house those newbies. Which was the entire point of NBH And X-men.

 

3 hours ago, Rhapsody said:

*Guild Pack  ( Includes Tao Gunkas, some Kiel cards, some Minor belts IDK could be anything)

As far as guild packs go. This isn’t gonna help making a guild as it will only hurt the economy. At the moment, I dont think theres a big competition on mvps right now, so obtaining mvp cards shouldn’t be a problem. Also, we have Poring King Castle now, which relieves a lot of that competition.

 

3 hours ago, Rhapsody said:

Even if the guild leader means well, people won't stay in a guild for long if they are not getting any sort of salary. We're talking about new-mid players who are looking for activities that may help them earn money. Worst case scenario, Leader gives them 1 MC per woe, LOL I would rather join a gold room party and get that 1 MC for 10-15 mins. 

This isn’t usually the case. Take Xylon’s guild for example. Xylon had the best salary offer in the game, yet newbies joined the guild and ended up not having a good experience in the guild. When I created X-men, Xylon was so threatened that he bumped up the salary. Xylon’s guild ended shortly after X-men was created. My point is, most players would rather have a good leader than good salary

Edited by Exroh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Recently came back to find only one guild is currently active for WoE. This has been the case ever since the time-change was brought into effect. There have been some recent guilds that have popped up (X-men) being one of them that consisted of some veteran players leading newbies that promptly died out to inactive leaders. (Xylon's guild is another case yet the leader quit the server after feeling unable to compete with the current guilds and blamed it on some absurd notion that all the guilds/GMs were banded together against him --which was not the case but one can see where he is coming from as his guild was simply unable to 1) recruit in a sustainable manner and 2) compete in the long run 3) have an experienced leader. Currently, one Guild has only been active (and this was the case as well before X-men was formed it seems). THW has been away for almost 2 months now and doesn't seem to be active and WoE-ing any time soon. 

The time change has been made to accomodate THW’s needs so they’d WoE, the time change came into effect but them participating in WoE didn’t. But I can’t blame them, everyone has stuff going on in their personal lives and thus making them not able to participate in most woes. But i'd like to maybe see them in payon or yuno woes, which were the most populated ones due to its time and being on the weekend.

 

17 hours ago, Trixie said:

I know we are all hoping for a "new guild" to pop up but from what it seems like, as a WoE and BG centered server, the lack of WoE activity really impacts the population. I know some folks who have only logged in for WoE and/or played for WoE (not everyone likes BG as the class comps/initiatives are completely different). When a new guild does form, are they expected to face a seasoned guild who has amassed WoE drops/experience and gear? (Yes they can use the budget builds but it's also experience and familiarity with the game that many newbies may not have). How can we keep the new guilds engaged and lively about WoE and not be discouraged about just dying for nothing while the main guilds hold all the castles? 

If a guild gets discouraged by losing, they wouldn’t stay here if other guilds came back. We have already discussed if we’d “give” castles to adversaries. But coming from SA vs NBH times and knowing the 2 old x-men lead (they were officers in silm) we know they’d feel it was handed down to them. when they got the castle from us the first time i’m sure they had such a better feeling of accomplishment for their efforts. and if they felt like castles would help them, they'd ask and make a point, but they never asked. instead they caught a few of them with all the effort they put into it.

Altough, speaking for myself, i don't mind giving people castles if they're new, as i know woe drops do accelerate their growth by a lot.

 

17 hours ago, Trixie said:

X-men seems to be a bad example as there were veterans who headed the guild with resources/and also drew on a pool of guildless players who have had time to get settled in the guild to help with the newbies they recruited. I do think the situation would be different for new guilds forming in the server with no previous ties.

What are some possible suggestions to address this? I feel like there are several players who will return given a chance that something changes with the current WoE scene (having another active guild + some form of rewards that may help with being unable to take castles but still participate in WoE might be one of them). Or are we all holding our breath for some random guild to return/form to provide "competition"? (No sarcasm, honest question).

Rewards for holding have been discussed and not enough feedback was provided. Altough i still think its not really a great reward. What was said was something along the lines of 1 woe drop per 10 minutes of holding. So if a guild got the castle early and then lost by the end, 5 drops as their reward for holding it.

Spoiler

 

image.png.b6f09029959d5014632ed905fa34a320.pngimage.png.04c262369d2adf18ee986ea15f606030.pngimage.png.c94ca962a2dca1089d44e2b4ccb2765c.png 

 

(ss taken from the period between jan 7th-13th)

 

Scarlet has its economy on 46 right now, Fad 62 and Bergel 73. Scarlet gave 8 drops in a week,Fad 15, Bergel 17. With such big rewards, removing woe drops from the pool like suggested before would make some castles give 0 woe drops for multiple days, but if you just give it as extra you’re gonna have an absurd surplus of 36 extra woe drops per week.

But also, if the guild is new and people can’t really bother investing “because its going to break anyway”. A 6 drop reward for holding it for the whole woe is sometimes the same amount of drops or more that collecting and investing on a low economy castle for a week will give you. So you gotta find a middle ground not to break the economy.

 

5 hours ago, Rhapsody said:

Suggestions / Feedback:

*Guild Pack  ( Includes Tao Gunkas, some Kiel cards, some Minor belts IDK could be anything)

*Turning WoE a bit similar to BG, by including like a WoE Ticket (non-tradeable) for every 1 minute or IDK, could be anything.

*Adding a WoE NPC that sells unique items and good looking HG's for the tickets

( this thing could be easily abused by afk-ers etc, like just hiding in a side castle, or maybe move like every 5 mins, but hey, at least i tried )

Guild packs have been discussed, it might be a solution. But only if the items were account bound so they wouldn't affect the economy as much, but still would make less people buy whats in the market or start gold room groups. and exroh summed it up pretty well with :

2 hours ago, Exroh said:

As far as guild packs go. This isn’t gonna help making a guild as it will only hurt the economy. At the moment, I dont think theres a big competition on mvps right now, so obtaining mvp cards shouldn’t be a problem. Also, we have Poring King Castle now, which relieves a lot of that competition.

 

The idea of the tickets is new, but needs a lot of tought put into that so it doesn't overpower bg or, the other side of the coin, don't be useless.

 

2 hours ago, Exroh said:

Leading and maintaining a guild requires a lot of time and patience. You have to help your guildies, help newbies out, organize your guild if you’re woeing (roster, classes, attendance ,salary) it is a lot to do for just one person. Just the first two alone already takes up a lot of your time.

 

I dont think theres anyone who is willing to do  what I just listed. Which results in newbies not having anywhere to go which pushes the newcomers away. It doesn’t matter if we get a big influx of newbies if we dont have anyone who is willing to house those newbies. Which was the entire point of NBH And X-men.

 

This right here is the biggest problem. There are players to WoE, but there aren't enough people willing to put the effort leading. And it is completely understandable, here in Silm we split the jobs between the officers so no one would be piled up with "work", which does get in the way of our actual jobs and/or studies.

2 hours ago, Exroh said:

This isn’t usually the case. Take Xylon’s guild for example. Xylon had the best salary offer in the game, yet newbies joined the guild and ended up not having a good experience in the guild. When I created X-men, Xylon was so threatened that he bumped up the salary. Xylon’s guild ended shortly after X-men was created. My point is, most players would rather have a good leader than good salary

^ this is important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Exroh said:

This isn’t usually the case. Take Xylon’s guild for example. Xylon had the best salary offer in the game, yet newbies joined the guild and ended up not having a good experience in the guild. When I created X-men, Xylon was so threatened that he bumped up the salary. Xylon’s guild ended shortly after X-men was created. My point is, most players would rather have a good leader than good salary

I know exactly what you mean, the offer was too good even I and a few THW people joined for a few WoE's. Simply shows the power of a good salary can lure people even old timers like me and a few. ( I am not entirely sure if it was indeed "that" guild that i joined for that OP sal ) I may have mentioned in an old post before that I also said how leading can be hard, so in this part, I do understand what you said above.

 

It takes a good combination of mentoring, good leadership skills, attendance/salary and thinking of strategies. About the guild pack, I have played more than a few servers before and I did run by two servers that gave guild packs, and included a few TGK's and Kiels but were account-bound, gets rid of the economic risks it bares if it was tradable. Even if the guild packs were implemented, I'd honestly say it would be only putting the guild in palliative care, It would give relief for how painful and time-consuming it is for a newbie to encounter the "gearing" phase,  gives them a helping hand to compete a little bit better. But then again, what's a ready-to-go guild members without a good guild leader. I love how i roasted my own mini-suggestion.

 

So in a nutshell, the most-qualified members to become our next leaders should be an old fart like us, since they have the advantage of knowledge, know-hows of the WoE scene, not unless there's a new guild hopping from server to server and landed here. It all goes back to my favorite line, anybody can make a guild, but being a leader, it's not for everybody, only a few chosen ones LOL.

 

Probably my last reply. I'll be off for a few days for some vacation, I hope this post gets some good discussion so I'll have a lot to back-read when i get back. tqtq

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Seuvagem said:

This right here is the biggest problem. There are players to WoE, but there aren't enough people willing to put the effort leading. And it is completely understandable, here in Silm we split the jobs between the officers so no one would be piled up with "work", which does get in the way of our actual jobs and/or studies.

^ this is important.

I truly agree. Nobody should lead or do everything alone. In our time, it was mond leading, and rozzy gathering drops and sends salary, I was for mentoring, and "Kratos for the memes." :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rhapsody said:

I truly agree. Nobody should lead or do everything alone. In our time, it was mond leading, and rozzy gathering drops and sends salary, I was for mentoring, and "Kratos for the memes." :)

2

Fk u, u had me talk to a lot of people too. I do the same tho (especially at school), gotta love outsourcing.
Yeah, every single time you guys tried to make me lead I said "fuck that" because that's such a pain LMAO. One of the few times I was supposed to I just had Rob do it for me LUL.


That's my point of view, but, ultimately, that's how it goes for most people. They don't want to do it because it's a lot of work, lol. That or they don't know what to do or where to start.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rhapsody said:

I truly agree. Nobody should lead or do everything alone. In our time, it was mond leading, and rozzy gathering drops and sends salary, I was for mentoring, and "Kratos for the memes." :)

Time to make Public Enemy 2.0 then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has already been brought up by a few people here, but the main issue isn't gearing up or even gaining experience on the server, it's the fact that running a guild is a lot of work. I'll be trying to work on an update soon that'll make it a bit easier to divide leadership duties among guild members (since right now the common workaround is sharing login details of the guild leader account, which isn't exactly recommended), though I'm not 100% sure yet if what I'd like to do will actually be possible within the limitations of the RO client.

 

As far as the other ideas that have been brought up...

 

Guild Packs: These have been mentioned in other topics previously, so I'll just give the tl;dr. They've proven do nothing to actually grow the server or the WoE scene on any server I've even seen them implemented, including the previous server I ran. Over 90% of the guild pack requests are abuse cases (players trying to cheat the system to get free items) or people who haven't read the requirements, so basically you end up with a huge amount of wasted time processing the requests, while the few requests that are legitimate and go through end up going to guilds that don't even plan on joining WoE in the first place, or don't end up staying on the server long enough to be recognized as a WoE guild anyway.

 

WoE Tickets: I don't think that a "participation reward" system would work well in the WoE scene, personally, and beyond that there isn't any reliable way to determine if someone is actually participating - you'd end up with random players running into castles and either afking there to get a participation timer going, or disrupting fights between guilds without any intention of actually fighting for the objective(s). In Battlegrounds this is a lot easier to catch (especially since other players often use @request to report players that are doing this), but monitoring WoE for something like this would be infinitely harder and for what I imagine would be a net negative to the actual WoE experience, unfortunately.

 

Partial Rewards for Holding a Castle: This is something that was actually suggested before and would be a better implementation of the above idea (since it requires them to actually go for objectives and earn it rather than just existing in a castle for a while), but the issue as Seuvagem pointed out is that there aren't enough castle drops to split them in half in the first place, and adding even 5 drops per castle each WoE would have a massive impact on the economy. I've actually thought of another way to do this though, which is by using fragments instead of full WoE drops. It would allow the system to give 0.05 or 0.1 of a WoE drop, for example, meaning we could fine tune the rewards so they'll have less impact on the economy but still provide something for the guilds that are able to hold a castle for a portion of WoE. So basically we could give, for example, 2 Fragment of the Sun God for every 5 minutes you hold the castle (adjusted by the castle's economy investment in some way), and players could later trade X amount of fragments for a full Emblem of the Sun God at the WoE Manager.

 

23 hours ago, SkylarkHD said:

gm should let players play in the philippines like in the internet cafe so my friends can join :D

23 hours ago, SkylarkHD said:

they can only log in for 3 characters because it of ip base

Nothing on the server is IP based other than rarely used IP bans. The server uses other methods to detect the specific computer, not the network/IP, so multiple players can still play at the same Internet cafe without issue. If that isn't the case then that would likely be a configuration issue with how the specific cafe is set up, and not something related to the IP address.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2019 at 1:23 AM, Seuvagem said:

The time change has been made to accomodate THW’s needs so they’d WoE, the time change came into effect but them participating in WoE didn’t. But I can’t blame them, everyone has stuff going on in their personal lives and thus making them not able to participate in most woes. But i'd like to maybe see them in payon or yuno woes, which were the most populated ones due to its time and being on the weekend.

I'm not sure whether the time change was made to accomodate THW's needs as it was only taken into effect after THW has left for a month or so. ( And I believed there were other individuals that needed the time change, THW just happened to be most of the individuals said ). We did put up the suggestion of changing the WoE Time in order to provide competition. Unfortunately, while we were waiting for the time change, it took longer than expected which is also why most of our members decided to devote time into adulting. 

On 1/23/2019 at 10:46 PM, Exroh said:

I have helped maintain a guild and I also lead a guild. Both times I did the same thing. Devote all of my time in RO by sitting in caspen, saying hi to newbies, welcoming them to the server and offering them a hand. 

 

Leading and maintaining a guild requires a lot of time and patience. You have to help your guildies, help newbies out, organize your guild if you’re woeing (roster, classes, attendance ,salary) it is a lot to do for just one person. Just the first two alone already takes up a lot of your time.

I've there and exactly know how frustrating it could be at times. I've devoted my time for THW by playing nearly up to 10 hours or more per day,  just to have our members entertained when they're online, also have them at ease as a new comer by providing them basic items & helps. Honestly, leading and maintaining a guild requires a lot of time and patience, most importantly the friendship and bond built within the members. ( I believe this is a thing to keep the guild leaders / members motivated ). Shout out to Sherwin putting efforts into two guilds ( NBH + XMEN )

On 1/24/2019 at 1:28 AM, Rhapsody said:

I truly agree. Nobody should lead or do everything alone. In our time, it was mond leading, and rozzy gathering drops and sends salary, I was for mentoring, and "Kratos for the memes." :)

Let me rephrase this - We do share the efforts of strategies, roster and classes at the same time. 
Mond : Both of us hold the responsibility of leading. Mond mails salary as well at weekly basis. 
Ming : As he mentioned, the mentor in guild. I had to offer him a Falling Feathers to force him lead so that was a failed promotion for Ming to be a sub guild leader. 
Kratos : He helped us in leading for couple of times when we weren't available.
Rozzy I am in charge of gathering drops and attendance, also active in market to purchase certain items at a lower price in case my bois need them in the future. 

 

Honestly, It was still tiring even having 4 of us to handle the guild. So I could understand the reason why people isn't willing to start a fresh guild as Sherwin mentioned. Why waste your effort doing so when you could just join a certain guild for salary? ( I believe I wouldn't stand up as one if it wasn't because I met Mondie ) 


-

Here's also what I would like to clarify in THW's place to entertain the curiosity of our mia. Both me and Mond now has different schedule and we don't wanna lead alone at times. As much as possible we would like to have each other around to make it easier and merrier during WoE. He now has part time jobs / volunteer / internships that keeps him busy while I'm on my last semester that requires thesis before graduation. Kratos and Ming has to attend classes and ofc they refused to lead so we don't have a choice but to be in hiatus. Meanwhile, we have other members that started being in a relationship / freshmen in college & universities. I believe there are some who think that 'why would THW make up a scene in changing WoE Time and not WoE' iirc. Not that we don't wanna play, but we started adulting while waiting for the time change. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 12:23 PM, Seuvagem said:

If a guild gets discouraged by losing, they wouldn’t stay here if other guilds came back. We have already discussed if we’d “give” castles to adversaries. But coming from SA vs NBH times and knowing the 2 old x-men lead (they were officers in silm) we know they’d feel it was handed down to them. when they got the castle from us the first time i’m sure they had such a better feeling of accomplishment for their efforts. and if they felt like castles would help them, they'd ask and make a point, but they never asked. instead they caught a few of them with all the effort they put into it.

Altough, speaking for myself, i don't mind giving people castles if they're new, as i know woe drops do accelerate their growth by a lot.

 

Rewards for holding have been discussed and not enough feedback was provided. Altough i still think its not really a great reward. What was said was something along the lines of 1 woe drop per 10 minutes of holding. So if a guild got the castle early and then lost by the end, 5 drops as their reward for holding it.

 

 

Curious though --I've seen some of the WoE vids they posted. It looked like they pushed for main and went to side only to lose side castle within the last couple of minutes due to being rushed (right to the emp). What does "giving" castles look like in this situation?

 

I think this is why having some sort of reward for at least holding a castle can help with situations where they lose it right at the end (for whatever reasons).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trixie said:

Curious though --I've seen some of the WoE vids they posted. It looked like they pushed for main and went to side only to lose side castle within the last couple of minutes due to being rushed (right to the emp). What does "giving" castles look like in this situation?

 

I think this is why having some sort of reward for at least holding a castle can help with situations where they lose it right at the end (for whatever reasons).

Giving a castle imo would be they attack main while we defend, and by the tail end(even if 5 mins) if their efforts aren't fruitful on breaking main they get side for themselves so we don't really have time to rebreak with a decent push.

 

But what you've seen wasn't the case. In the videos they have, we're mostly fighting with lower numbers. We often split the guild in 2 groups to defend both castles. And as mentioned before, X-Men didn't want a "free castle", they wanted to earn it. And they did in several WoEs. The Aldebaran one where they got main i wasn't even here to lead, so its all my guildies' efforts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seuvagem said:

Giving a castle imo would be they attack main while we defend, and by the tail end(even if 5 mins) if their efforts aren't fruitful on breaking main they get side for themselves so we don't really have time to rebreak with a decent push.

 

But what you've seen wasn't the case. In the videos they have, we're mostly fighting with lower numbers. We often split the guild in 2 groups to defend both castles. And as mentioned before, X-Men didn't want a "free castle", they wanted to earn it. And they did in several WoEs. The Aldebaran one where they got main i wasn't even here to lead, so its all my guildies' efforts.

So how would you define hoarding castles? If you had enough to defend both castles with "lower numbers" that's a choice - and one you can afford based on comp/players no? 

 

And I think it's just worth noting how guilds can still be rewarded when they do face situations like this instead of leaving empty handed. 

 

IDK I'm still struggling to see how this benefits the WoE scene as a whole (healthy WoE) etc.

 

Esp when folks have pointed out the importance of paying guildies for their time and participation (aside from the few who do it for "friendship".) 

 

In terms of WoE sustainability this didn't seem like it would last.

 

Edited by Trixie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Trixie said:

So how would you define hoarding castles? If you had enough to defend both castles with "lower numbers" that's a choice - and one you can afford based on comp/players no? 

 

And I think it's just worth noting how guilds can still be rewarded when they do face situations like this instead of leaving empty handed. 

 

IDK I'm still struggling to see how this benefits the WoE scene as a whole (healthy WoE) etc.

 

Esp when folks have pointed out the importance of paying guildies for their time and participation (aside from the few who do it for "friendship".) 

 

In terms of WoE sustainability this didn't seem like it would last.

 

Hoarding castles is what we're doing right now. We're just keeping them while theres no enemy. And no, we don't want a 1 player guild to get a castle to use it all for himself, if we're giving a castle its for a guild we know it'll do the right thing with the drops.

And yes, lower numbers. We defended castles with 5 v 8-10 because we tried defending both. And we did it with not necessarily good comps, we had sometimes a paladin juggle between 2 castles with a pp creos that had to rely on a link in town. A lot could've been done to beat us in several encounters.

 

And you seem to only think of instant gratification, which is a problem. Participating and gaining experience is much more valuable than woe drops. The best pvpers in the server were already the best before they had their bris/sleips or belts.

 

Wanna know how sherwin and ray were paying their members? With bg tickets and mcs from their GR groups. It's all effort. You may say its not much, but most of them wanted to play a fun woe more than they wanted to be paid. Because the people that were looking exclusively for salary were trying to join Silmarillion at the time. And not only that example, we have Mystic/Time Lords from Xylon that he paid an absurd amount of salary per woe but the guild still didn't thrive.

 

A sustainable WoE scene will only happen when everyone is willing to keep going despite their losses, through hardships, to achiev their goal of winning even if its side. Every guild has a rough patch, same goes for every server in any game. The hardest job of a leader is to keep the morale high when losing the battles, not when they're winning them.

And some of you seem to forget, no guild started winning all their battles, every one of them grew from adversity and experience they acquired through losses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Seuvagem said:

 

A sustainable WoE scene will only happen when everyone is willing to keep going despite their losses, through hardships, to achiev their goal of winning even if its side. Every guild has a rough patch, same goes for every server in any game. The hardest job of a leader is to keep the morale high when losing the battles, not when they're winning them.

And some of you seem to forget, no guild started winning all their battles, every one of them grew from adversity and experience they acquired through losses.

This all seems rather easy to say as the guild in power. Sustainability goes both ways and not necessarily all the onus should be put on the struggling guild. Instant gratification isn't what I'm pointing out here - just don't want what happened to the previous smaller guilds to happen again (to newer and albeit guilds that may not have the resources and experience the previous guilds had). Again, place yourself in the position of the smaller guilds having to deal with this. As pointed out - how are you gonna pay guild members with experience and participation???????? That only goes so far esp in a game like RO where gear progression is linear and basically all the same.

 

Experience and participation is great but getting something out of it helps a lot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trixie said:

This all seems rather easy to say as the guild in power. Sustainability goes both ways and not necessarily all the onus should be put on the struggling guild. Instant gratification isn't what I'm pointing out here - just don't want what happened to the previous smaller guilds to happen again (to newer and albeit guilds that may not have the resources and experience the previous guilds had). Again, place yourself in the position of the smaller guilds having to deal with this. As pointed out - how are you gonna pay guild members with experience and participation???????? That only goes so far esp in a game like RO where gear progression is linear and basically all the same.

 

Experience and participation is great but getting something out of it helps a lot.

 

It is easy for us to say that, yes. You're absolutely right, I can talk only so much about this since i joined WoEs during SA vs DD days. 

 

I haven't started a guild from the start myself, i've gotten to a leading position in Silmarillion because i was often strategizing and testing interactions with Sherwin(X-Men lead), who was an officer in Silm before that.

Maybe now is a good time for leaders of older guilds who started their guilds from scratch to pitch in about it here, since it'd be dishonest and bias if i did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×