Sign in to follow this  
Rhapsody

WoE Time #DST

Look at the image below.

This is what WoE has been like in the past few days/weeks? Ever since DST started. I should have taken a few SS of the Pally, Whitesmith and Wizard and Linker that we had faced in this WoE (thumps up for you guys who at least made woe, a bit entertaining). Yup, that's right, they just banned together, pretty much random people, just to have very little entertainment of the WoE scene. People playing in SEA, pretty much the entire continent of Asia (idk) has been affected. Vidblain used to be a WoE where 2-3 guilds fight each other. Although I heard, the other guild is in a small break at the moment. When they get back, this will be the only thing they need to face. An average of 7-9 people per WoE (from us atleast). I'm speaking for the entirety of the people who are no longer able to play WoE due to the recent adjustments due to DST. To be honest, I ditched a few woes already as well because, it's not motivating enough to do so when most of your guild mates can't play as well.

And, yea, I'm/we're not complaining at all, if we cant WoE LOL. while I wait for some miracle to happen, here I am and my guild mates playing RO in mobile which sure kills our time. However, WoE has been dead for quite some time now. and if nothing changes... 70% ( just a random number, but is probably right, who knows) of asian players wont be able to woe anymore. I think for us asian players, we find the woe times very hard that's why during AM woes for us (PM for the other side of the globe), we lack people because WoE starts 10am, people have jobs or schools to attend to. 

Comment in advance, * If woe is dying and lacks more guild, people should make a guild and participate in it. Anyone can start and make a guild, but leading isn't something easy to do. If you think otherwise, make a guild now and let's see. LOL. Yet again, I'm not complaining. I'm just concerned about the current status of the WoE Scene! Thumbs up for the people that are atleast making BG lively, hell yea! Chocolate Mousse here!  I know adjusting WoE times is so complicated that it affects other people in different countries if something's change, but i'll just leave it right there for the decisions.

Suggestions: Change woe time minus 1 hour than the current time.  To atleast return the time (for us atleast)

If this gets rejected, It's fine.  Time for some eternal love! xD

image.thumb.png.9e5e744fb2e711674ce3d6642b40e111.png

+1 to change of WoE time ( or at least revert back ). WoE is currently 1AM ( I have class the next day ) and 11AM ( Class / Lunch Hour ) for me. I sure can ''try'' to make it for weekend WoEs which means I could only attend WoE twice per week out of 6 WoEs. 

[ My beloved guild members wouldn't want to WoE without any guild leaders around ]

I don't think the WoE time has ever changed due to DST being a thing. I remember WoEing at (in my time) 11 AM to 12 PM and 9 PM to 10 PM. I don't remember this being an issue last year when WoE started, before the DST change (at which point it was at exactly the same time as now for all of us).

Edited by Sakuretsu

6 hours ago, rozzy said:

+1 to change of WoE time ( or at least revert back ). WoE is currently 1AM ( I have class the next day ) and 11AM ( Class / Lunch Hour ) for me. I sure can ''try'' to make it for weekend WoEs which means I could only attend WoE twice per week out of 6 WoEs. 

[ My beloved guild members wouldn't want to WoE without any guild leaders around ]

Whoa, I generally thought most people woe once or twice a week (hence the different times to give people a chance to participate in WoE). I only attend 2/6 WoEs myself, and they are usually the weekend (3 maybe if I can make it). Changing the times makes it harder for me since I have work/class the next day. I personally like the time the way it is - I don't focus on WoE-ing all 6 woes (cuz I can't)- but I like how the time atm gives me a chance to make some woes.

Edited by Miss Vanjie

I'd like it to be changed because DST  in Australia began around the same time it ended in the US.  It puts the WoE times 2 hours forward for me. I can't make both morning and evening WoE times cuz I have to go to school and I normally wouldn't mind staying awake from 1AM-2AM for WoEs, but 3AM-4AM is overkill. Then again, I'm just 1 of the 3 players from Australia on AnomalyRO so if it doesn't get changed, I'll just not WoE.

Just because the times weren't an issue before doesn't mean they aren't an issue now, lmao.

I agree with you, Vanjie, though, at the same time, our attendance dropped from having a good number of people half the woes in the server to barely getting 6-8 people online at any given time. Just like it was stated, it's discouraging to play because your guildies aren't playing either. I haven't even logged in to the game in a while because of it. A good amount of the server population comes from those players, hence we voice our concern about this issue. Doesn't the server feel dead to you lately? We've had sitting WoEs and WoEs in which less than 20 people are playing (from different guilds).

My schedule is messy enough that lets me play 5/6 WoEs, but what's the point when it's so boring when no one is around to play? I think I've done one WoE in the last 3 weeks and quit halfway to go do something else.

From my point of view, I get to sleep in for Payon and Vidblainn (it's 9 am for me and I sleep at 3-4 am playing other games xD ) and I don't have to play right after class for Yesnelph because WoE is dead for the most part. It works out pretty good for me. Not so much for the server.

In case it wasn't obvious, +1 for change.

BTW the suggested change was one hour back which would only let me do 2/6 WoEs, but that means a lot of players could play again. That allows my friends to play as well as many others ----> meaning I'd be happy to play. 2/6 is still better than 0/6 lol.

Edited by Kratos Fon Fabre

I'm not sure if the time change is really the problem, or if it's just that WoE in general has been quiet.  I can't speak for NATG, but Silm is simply taking a breather from the... Shall we say, political climate as of late.  When you have around 30 less people attending WoEs, of course it'll seem dead.

Not saying that the time should not be changed, since simple math tells me that they're likely pretty terrible times for SEA now, but take the rocky political climate into consideration as well, and the segued fact that most players aren't even bothering with WoE right now due to it.  As for NATG, no idea.

Edited by Hylian Spectre

1 hour ago, Kratos Fon Fabre said:

Just because the times weren't an issue before doesn't mean they aren't an issue now, lmao.

+1 to change

10 hours ago, rozzy said:

and +99.99 to this

4 hours ago, Miss Vanjie said:

Whoa, I generally thought most people woe once or twice a week (hence the different times to give people a chance to participate in WoE). I only attend 2/6 WoEs myself, and they are usually the weekend (3 maybe if I can make it). Changing the times makes it harder for me since I have work/class the next day. I personally like the time the way it is - I don't focus on WoE-ing all 6 woes (cuz I can't)- but I like how the time atm gives me a chance to make some woes.

Most of our members participate at least 3 WoEs per week according to their availability. We ( Mond , Me , Ming , Kratos ) takes turn in leading to ensure we have at least 2 guild leaders around every WoE. So we usually make it to 3-4 woes per week out of 6. ( Mond & Kratos = NA / Me & Ming = SEA ) 
With the current WoE schedule I barely make it to 2 WoEs unless I sacrifice both sleep
( Payon )  and lunch time ( Prontera )  with my brother that only occurs once per week. ( Well assume Im the only one who lives in Korea so i don't think it matters much again..? ) I don't really mind if the 10AM ( +8gmt ) remains but 12AM ( +8gmt ) for most SEA players makes it pretty impossible for them to participate. 

56 minutes ago, Hylian Spectre said:

I'm not sure if the time change is really the problem, or if it's just that WoE in general has been quiet.  I can't speak for NATG, but Silm is simply taking a breather from the... Shall we say, political climate as of late.  When you have around 30 less people attending WoEs, of course it'll seem dead.

Not saying that the time should not be changed, since simple math tells me that they're likely pretty terrible times for SEA now, but take the rocky political climate into consideration as well, and the segued fact that most players aren't even bothering with WoE right now due to it.  As for NATG, no idea.

I'm not sure if DST affects NATG. I think they were around to play WoE during Payon but they ended up not having any enemies. ( While Silma is on a break / I wanted to sleep so no leader..? sry NATG LOL ). I can't really say that time change is the only problem but it can be one of them as well. ( At least from us ) 

Edited by rozzy

NATG can make the current WoE times no problem.  We can probably make WoE times if they're shifted around a couple hours too.  We were ghosted on Saturday and we checked attendance Sunday morning to see <5 people on per guild so we just played another server we scouted.

Whether or not we will continue to make WoEs here, idk.  I personally am not a fan of the current meta: zerg emp on attack, defend around a flag-in point so you can zerg back on defense.

Edited by lkjewq

Roz don't lie I've never accepted leading, too much of a pain.

If lkjewq speaks for most of NATG, then we can take that as a +1 to change times, no? I'm seeing more reasons to change it than people voting against it. That way we can actually start playing again without it interfering with our lives.

50 minutes ago, Kratos Fon Fabre said:

That way we can actually start playing again without it interfering with our lives.

#ROISLIFE

Don’t forget about us Na players please..

+1 for change

I woe for natg and i am a SEA player. I don't know about other SEA players who plays with natg but i share the same sentiment with rozzy. It's really troublesome for me to make it to woe because of the DST change. I have to be up around 1:00AM (Previously 12:00AM) then go to work the next day. 

Funny thing is that i just knew about this change recently :< i waited for my guildmates to come online and server looks dedt that time hahahaha

+1 for the change in Timing, To -1hour ?

As of now the timing seems a little off 10am (no arguement on these as im usually at work), but the night woe which is at 12am seems a little way too off.

And yeah Silm was on a break due to ahem... you me and all of us playing in the server knows... hahaha

Cant really speak for the people from NA region / Oceania region.

P/S: im on GMT +8 (SEA).

Edited by Silent

+1 for the change

im gonna be blunt and say that this sever is alrdy dead as it is with the lack of pvp and bg. woe to my experiences the past few months was really lively and actually fun attending too. the fierce competition, semi- bming, and to top it off, the satisfaction of ACTUALLY HAVING FUNNNNNNNN..... now the past few weeks woe is literally dry-like straight up dryer than the Sahara desert and we all know why this occurrence is happening and that is due to the fact that, in my opinion, most of this sever population are Asians and they are deeply affected by this. so im all in favor of helping them at least attend woe so i could have my entertainment on this sever.

im from the NA region and attending woe isnt a prob to me because my work schedule is really nice, hopefully, that could continue. as for the other na-ers the only reason I could see if they couldn't make it is because of school/work is in the mornings or at night but I know for a fact that there are very few people that take classes on the weekends and work could take up 1 day out of the weekend. however, I can't contest to every na player here but I at least think they are in a good spot

so thats about it 

#letsmakeArogreatagain

On 11/13/2018 at 6:10 AM, Buckets said:

im gonna be blunt and say that this sever is alrdy dead as it is with the lack of pvp and bg

BG has been running every single day since Oct 19, and had been running every day up until Oct 17 before that. Lack of PvP may be true, though as mentioned in other topics, our focus is more on BG/PvM (with new PvM content coming in the next update), with PvP not being a priority for us.

As far as the actual topic of WoE times, it may be best to set up a poll for this soon, but I'll leave the topic up for a bit to see some more feedback first. It does seem like it may be best to shift at least one of the times though, based on what's been posted here so far.

Yea your definitely right about it being up every day,  I should've mentioned that it's usually active at like 1 time of the day where people just want to get their daily UCA and fair share of games and after that there's no presence of it ever again. 

and yes I think the poll suggestion is a valid option soon

im open to change but im only open to the -1 hour. any more than that im completly against it. (for record im NA timezone)

Edited by GergDeBean

On 11/13/2018 at 10:10 PM, Buckets said:

im gonna be blunt and say that this sever is alrdy dead as it is with the lack of pvp and bg. woe to my experiences the past few months was really lively and actually fun attending too

may be they want it to be dead? maybe they hate lively and fun stufff?, but im with u on this one, pvp more fun than pvm. we all have some bad times during woe, but we still had fun. 

+999 on me being awesome.

On 11/12/2018 at 12:33 PM, rozzy said:

I sacrifice both sleep

but cant sacrifice poop time~😲🤸‍♀️

jk🙌 HAIL CHINA, HAIL XI JINPING

So here's my take on all this. Current WoE times, regardless of DST is 08:00-09:00 and 18:00-19:00
I'm open to change ONLY the morning WoE times to 07:00-08:00. However, if this happens, I myself can't make those woes, which honestly to me isn't a problem.

The problem is, if we change and keep this to a permanent thing, we would have to change WoE time again later in March when DST happens and we jump an hour.  

March-November [ What we had majority of the servers life for WoE time ]
PH [ GMT+8 ]
23:00-0:00 
9:00-10:00

Server time [PST] 

08:00-09:00
18:00-19:00 

November-March [ What I suggest if we go back an hour for the Servers Morning WoEs ]

PH [ GMT+8] 

23:00-0:00

10:00-11:00

Server Time [PST]
07:00-08:00
18:00-19:00