Sign in to follow this  
Miss Vanjie

Enchant Transfer Bug

For some reason, I had 2 headgears enchanted that I wanted to transfer other headgears (both of the same kind the "from" headgear x2 and the "to" headgear x2.
I thought that like the refine transfer it would automatically pick up the headgears with enchants and transfer them.
After the first set of headgears were refined (it went perfectly), I then tried to transfer the second set. It took my MC but it didn't transfer the refines - even though it listed the items as being processed. 

image.png

Just checked the logs now and it looks like it did transfer the enchantments, but the only actually difference between the two headgears was that one had a 37 roll on the 3rd enchant while the other had a 39 roll - the enchants were otherwise the same. Unfortunately there isn't really an effective way to determine which headgear the player wants to use for the transfer if they have more than one, which is why the NPC says you should only have one of the item in your inventory before you do the transfer. :o

I guess I won't be getting my MC back then...? XD 
For some reason I thought it would work the same as the transfer refines. That's my bad. I didn't think it would stack in that way - although if it did transfer... to the same headgear....why was i left with original 1 of each? 
I had already transferred enchants from elven ears to the night ring. i had 1 empty elven ears, 1 enchanted night ring, and an enchanted elven and another blank night ring. If it had taken the enchant from the other HG...how did that leave me with with an enchanted elven ears if it "transferred" it? Did it override the other enchants and put it back to the elven ears? Trying to figure out (if it did transfer) (which is why i thought i could transfer with the same HGs as some of them were not enchanted/enchanted already to do a cross over. 

Edited by Miss Vanjie

Unfortunately we can't return the costs in this case since it was working as intended. :( For future cases I'd recommend temporarily storing the copies that you're not transferring to/from before doing the transfer.

Basically what happened is, since it has no way to effectively determine the actual source/destination (since there's multiple enchant slots/types, unlike refines where it's a single value that's either higher or lower), it transferred from the enchanted headgear to the other enchanted headgear. It didn't quite return them exactly as is, just that the only change was the 3rd slot going from 37 -> 39 and vice versa on the other headgear.