Sign in to follow this  
Seven

Suggestions Part 3

Gold Room

- I remember back in Inertia when the mobs would drop out certain items (Poring, Bronze, Silver and sometimes Gold coins) randomly while killing them off in the Gold Room. If this can be added in a sense that will remove the monotony of just grinding to get gold. Additionally, throwing in some extra "gold themed" headgears at a very low chance (lower than Dying Wills, as there is much more monster count inside the room) could encourage people to not just "grind" for gold, but "attempt" to hunt for these items as well.

- Extend GR event duration (Extending it to 20 - 30 minutes would be good? This happens randomly, and would give time for people to actually setup / get a party going if needed.)

Autoloot Concerns

- So in a sense, if this is possible, to transfer the autoloot list of one game account (provided that they're under one main account) into another game account. Pretty convenient.. especially if you have 459834958 items on your list for one account, in which you could transfer into another.

Have the @storealootid / @gstorealootid command ignoring the items that the character is currently equipping, but instead, lock the autoloot to the items in the character's inventory instead.

- In viewing the autoloot list, if possible, to make into such that you can remove items by selecting them off from the list instead of "per item ID"?

Training Dummies

- If possible, to re-classify the training dummies to not just "normal" ones but also to modify it into either Thana Bait / High MDEF / Low Vit etc (Though I'm not sure if these are modified already, but labeling them into such would be nice.)

Zeny Sinks

- Speed Potions, Converters, Leveling Pills (Character and Homun), Cursed Water to be sold in the Convenience Shop. (These can be hunted I know, but for convenience sake and if you be a rich kid and you don't want to farm for these.)

Dead Branch Rooms

- Healer inside the room

- Smaller room layout

Bye.

17 hours ago, Seven said:

Gold Room

- I remember back in Inertia when the mobs would drop out certain items (Poring, Bronze, Silver and sometimes Gold coins) randomly while killing them off in the Gold Room. If this can be added in a sense that will remove the monotony of just grinding to get gold. Additionally, throwing in some extra "gold themed" headgears at a very low chance (lower than Dying Wills, as there is much more monster count inside the room) could encourage people to not just "grind" for gold, but "attempt" to hunt for these items as well.

- Extend GR event duration (Extending it to 20 - 30 minutes would be good? This happens randomly, and would give time for people to actually setup / get a party going if needed.) 

I actually talked about this with a friend, and we said that a 20 minute event with 2 gold per kill shared instead of 1 would probably be the most fair change, without totally breaking the GR event or making it a one-off party thing and then everyone just leaves. I really like the idea of adding more unique traits to Gold Porings, other than just their custom appearance (props to whoever made them btw). Last night we were joking about a Gold Ring card, that adds more drops or zeny per kill when equipped, but maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea after all... But yes, more headgears and a way to farm them --- Absolutely.
The coins dropping seems kind of risky to implement, but I'm open to the idea depending on how it's handled.

Training Dummies

- If possible, to re-classify the training dummies to not just "normal" ones but also to modify it into either Thana Bait / High MDEF / Low Vit etc (Though I'm not sure if these are modified already, but labeling them into such would be nice.) 

As far as I could personally tell they all run the same standard build, though I haven't ran around the room to hit every single one and verify it, since as you said they're all labeled the exact same way. So +1 to labeling them at least.

Zeny Sinks

- Speed Potions, Converters, Leveling Pills (Character and Homun), Cursed Water to be sold in the Convenience Shop. (These can be hunted I know, but for convenience sake and if you be a rich kid and you don't want to farm for these.)

I'm not sure how having converters available for zeny would conflict with their already existing 2 alternative payment npcs, especially when you consider that 300 of the 4 elements can be purchased for 100 poring coins, or 2 MC. As for the cursed waters, I don't see it being entirely harmful, although lately there has been a trading market for people buying them in bulk from farmers. Leveling pills are a pretty decent ticket sink when you consider they're only available from BG, at a rate of 25:1 placing them with a 4 MC price tag in zeny value. And speed potions, well... If they become a convenience item, I think we can all agree they'd probably become the most efficient zeny sink to date, right up there with enchants, thanks to a certain someone's guild...

Edited by Yuji

Gold Room: We probably won't be adding the coin drops this time around, since the overabundance of Zeny was a big problem on Inertia and something that we want to avoid here if possible. Headgear drops could definitely work here, though we'd need to find/commission some fitting headgears for it; I'll try to keep an eye out for some good ones. Could maybe do something like a 0.01% drop chance for every 2 players in the party.

GR Event: The event does give a 15 minute notice so people have time to make parties for it; I'm a bit hesitant to increase the duration for the same reason as the coins. While I understand it'd be a pretty minor increase in overall Zeny income, it's still something we need to be pretty careful about given the long term goals of the server, and I think that the headgears would be enough of an addition on their own once we find some to use.

Autoloot: Copying the lists might be a bit awkward to code but I'll look into it and see if I can find a good way to set it up; I do agree that it'd be a pretty big improvement. The two command changes were actually already prepped for the next update, so those will be in very soon. :D As far as the autocommands removal part, we should be able to set up at some point; I'll add this one to the list as well.

Training Dummies: The main issue here is it's hard to have specific stats for each build type, since there's a lot of possible variations on each build. The current set up basically just takes the most average build to be used as a baseline reference, since they're not exactly designed to give an accurate damage reference, but more so a reference to whether or not one build deals more damage than another (something that, due to working with percentages, wouldn't actually be affected by the addition of a Thanatos Card - that's simply a question of "is their total Vit over ~400 or not"). That and testing skill spam, of course, but the stats don't matter for that case.

Zeny Sinks: These ones I'm really not too sure about, as making them available for Zeny would potentially devalue the currencies that are usually used to purchase them (especially the ones that are available via BG Tickets). Would be interested in hearing some more feedback on them, and/or other items that could be used for the same thing.

Dead Branch Rooms: We can add a healer to the rooms, yep. :o As far as the room size, I actually like the current size personally and feel that it's already small enough, but again, would be interested in hearing other feedback on this one.

Zeny sinks are fine as they are. If you're a "rich kid" you can just buy the battlegrounds tickets. This is my personal opinion but BG is way more fun than farming GR, for GR you can watch netflix and do a bunch of other things (homework included) and afk with a homun. 

I would actually prefer an even smaller dead branch room, yeah, the room is there for convenience, so the smaller the better.

2 hours ago, Perry the Platypus said:

Gold Room: We probably won't be adding the coin drops this time around, since the overabundance of Zeny was a big problem on Inertia and something that we want to avoid here if possible. Headgear drops could definitely work here, though we'd need to find/commission some fitting headgears for it; I'll try to keep an eye out for some good ones. Could maybe do something like a 0.01% drop chance for every 2 players in the party.

Oh no more equipments, as it can be quickly become "trash" if overfarmed. Looks at those new eqs dropped from Fairy forest, i got few of them when casually hunting there, and there are a lot in vending area (and rarely sold). It'll be better if something like "Gold Pill" that increase gold drop x2  for like 1 min or 30 sec, and drop rate can be low like 0.01% too (so no overfarm, just as a "bonus" for gr pt members). So players can just use right away if got it or keep it and sell it. 

2 hours ago, Perry the Platypus said:

GR Event: The event does give a 15 minute notice so people have time to make parties for it; I'm a bit hesitant to increase the duration for the same reason as the coins. While I understand it'd be a pretty minor increase in overall Zeny income, it's still something we need to be pretty careful about given the long term goals of the server, and I think that the headgears would be enough of an addition on their own once we find some to use.

Like above, can be actually substitute with "Gold Pill", or whatever name is nicer

Autoloot: Copying the lists might be a bit awkward to code but I'll look into it and see if I can find a good way to set it up; I do agree that it'd be a pretty big improvement. The two command changes were actually already prepped for the next update, so those will be in very soon. :D As far as the autocommands removal part, we should be able to set up at some point; I'll add this one to the list as well.

-no comments as not that interested-

Training Dummies: The main issue here is it's hard to have specific stats for each build type, since there's a lot of possible variations on each build. The current set up basically just takes the most average build to be used as a baseline reference, since they're not exactly designed to give an accurate damage reference, but more so a reference to whether or not one build deals more damage than another (something that, due to working with percentages, wouldn't actually be affected by the addition of a Thanatos Card - that's simply a question of "is their total Vit over ~400 or not"). That and testing skill spam, of course, but the stats don't matter for that case.

-no comments as not that interested-

Zeny Sinks: These ones I'm really not too sure about, as making them available for Zeny would potentially devalue the currencies that are usually used to purchase them (especially the ones that are available via BG Tickets). Would be interested in hearing some more feedback on them, and/or other items that could be used for the same thing.

-no comments, neutral opinion-

Dead Branch Rooms: We can add a healer to the rooms, yep. :o As far as the room size, I actually like the current size personally and feel that it's already small enough, but again, would be interested in hearing other feedback on this one.

- Agree, map size is okay for me, i just wanna remove that annoying butterfly-

Apologies for forgetting about this one for so long - DB Room healer is prepped for the next update. I'll be moving this suggestion to accepted now since the autoloot changes that were accepted were actually already implemented in an earlier update as well.