Sign in to follow this  
Meeeko14

Doppelganger card not working?

i got a Dopple card, a boss card that enable faster attack speed so long as the weapon to which this card is compounded is equipped. but it doesnt work like that, instead it just add 3 attack speed, like for example, your attack speed is 170 it will be 173 if you equip the weapon, but the rapid attack just like the Doppel card says wont work, was it nerf or is it a bug?

I tried it a few months ago for leveling and it seemed to work just fine. The speed it grants is based off of your existing ASPD, I think?

Or not, here's the script for it straight from RMS:

{ bonus bAspdRate,10; },{},{}

This suggests it should give 10 aspd apparently. But any balance changes made to it would be here:
https://www.anomalyro.com/wiki/index.php/Balancing_Changes#Cards

For the record though getting max aspd here is pretty easy to do, I don't see much use for the card outside of messing around with novice leveling...

The card should be working as intended, but just a couple things to note.

One is that the calculations for ASPD bonuses (and penalties) are sometimes a bit odd for Ragnarok, so the numbers you see in descriptions/scripts may not always translate to exactly the same thing in the ASPD shown on your stats window (ASPD is actually just the client's simplified representation of something called amotion).

The other thing is that if you're comparing it to the ASPD with the weapon unequipped, then you need to also factor in that equipping a weapon lowers your ASPD; you should actually compare it to when you have the same weapon equipped without the card. :o