Sign in to follow this  
Perry the Platypus

Server Updates (Sept 27, 2018)

Hi! I forgot to plan an update summary for today so we're just jumping right into the updates list. :D

Server Updates

Update: Added new hairstyles (3 female / 2 male)
Update: New headgears have been added

Spoiler

Donation
Custom Alpaca Hood
Custom Blue Full Blossom Hairpin
Custom Catharina Von Brad 60th
Custom Chain of Commandments
Custom Evil Druid Hat (+ Black)
Custom Ifrit Mask (+ Blue/Cyan/Gold/Green/Red/White)
Custom Prayer Cherry Blossom 
Custom Seraphim Coronet
Black/Blue/Brown/Green/Purple/Red/White/Yellow Side Pigtail
Custom Valkyrie Circlet
Custom Whistle
Custom White Nydhoggur Wig
Custom White Rose Princess

Battlegrounds
Custom Baby Pacifier
Custom Bragi Wing Ears
Custom Devoted Eyes
Custom Blue/Brown/Gray/Pink Drooping Cat
Custom Fin Helm 
Custom Helm
Custom Indian Feather Headband
Custom Mage Hat (+Blue/Brown/Gray/Red/Yellow)
Custom Midas Whisper
Custom Morpheus's Hood
Custom Poring Sun Visor
Custom Red Pom Band
Custom Red Wing Hat
Custom Sakkat
Custom Smokie Leaf (+ Blue/Gold/Red)
Custom Syringe in Mouth

Poring Coins
Bousi Hat 
Dull Seracillas Ribbon
Elegant Top Hat
Evil Druid Hat

Zeny
Angel Wings
Aster Pin
Bowser Sack
Chaos Ring
Pedobear Hat
Splinter Cell Goggles
Whale Hat

Update: Added quest for Orichalcum Band
-Orichalcum Band reduces reflected magic damage by 10% and gives +4 MDef
-The quest can be started in the research room of the Adventurer's Guild Hall
Update: Added a new offensive enchantment for upper headgears (+10 ~ 100 Atk) for classes that don't use % damage bonuses
Update: Maia the Enchantress now offers an option to transfer enchantments to a new headgear for 20 Mithril Coins
Update: Capturing flags in Eye of the Storm will now give 5/7 points instead of 3/5 points per flag
Update: Bases in Eye of the Storm will now give 1 point every 10 seconds instead of every 7 seconds
Update: Stone Control will now give 1 point every 12 seconds for each stone instead of every 10 seconds
Misc: Made some improvements to the Battlegrounds matchmaking system and fixed a couple minor bugs
Misc: Added some minor performance improvements to the official proxy servers

Balancing

Nerf: SP sapping effects (such as Dark Priest Card) are now 33% as effective when used with AoE skills
Nerf: Heal no longer recovers SP when the user casts it on themselves
Buff: Adaptation to Circumstances no longer has a delay when starting a song/dance
Buff: Please Don't Forget Me's movement speed debuff has been changed from (35 + Agi/33) -> (20 + Agi/12.5)
-New formula is weaker below 300 Agi, and stronger at 300+ Agi
Buff: Lullaby's base slow has been increased from 5% -> 10% (stat scaling unchanged)
Buff: Scream's Stone Curse success rate has been increased from 20% -> 30%
Buff: Adjustment's duration has been increased from 30 -> 60 seconds

Website

We've also made some changes to our website over the last little while! These technically aren't part of today's update since they were added before today, but we're listing out the changes here in case you haven't noticed them yet.

Update: Added a new page that displays current castle ownership & economy levels
Update: The website's character sprite renderer is now considered complete and no longer in beta, and can be accessed via the navigation menu (Database -> Sprite Renderer)

33 minutes ago, Perry the Platypus said:

I've never had to spend so much time fixing a broken hairstyle in my life. :(

Oh damn, thanks for taking the time to fix it <3

I CAN FINALLY WEAR THE ALPACA HOOD!!!

Much thanks for the updates Mr Eyebrowski <3

8 hours ago, lkjewq said:

100 ATK is pretty useless compared to 10% damage modifier whenever everyone has 4k+ attack here.

Unfortunately if we'd set it much higher it would've benefited other classes (such as LKs) more than it would have benefited classes that can't use the 10% damage modifier, which would be completely the opposite of what was intended. +100 Atk still adds about 800 damage against Test Dummies (which emulate a standard-ish build) when using Cart Termination so I wouldn't say it's useless, and either way it's certainly a lot better for them than not having any enchantment available at all in that slot.

Mind showing me sometime where WS has comparable damage to LK?  It's not even close on single target (BB vs CT).  I remember you saying this in some other topic a while back which is why you were against buffing them.

Edited by lkjewq

45 minutes ago, lkjewq said:

Mind showing me sometime where WS has comparable damage to LK?  It's not even close on single target (BB vs CT).  I remember you saying this in some other topic a while back which is why you were against buffing them.

My point in the last reply was that if we gave the enchant a higher range, LKs would benefit more from the Atk enchant than they would from the % damage enchant, which isn't really ideal since it would make the % damage enchants literally worthless. Basically you'd end up having them (and other classes) benefit more from the enchant than the classes that it was supposed to be for.

CT did more damage against a single target than a mounted Bowling Bash (slightly less than unmounted, but that's not common) before enchantments were added; I haven't tested with the current enchantments yet to see if it still does more damage, but to say it's "not even close" would suggest to me that you haven't actually tested both skills, or had a very unusual test case (and/or were testing before the BB bug was fixed about a month ago). The damage should still be very close even with enchantments. You can use test_room to compare them, it should translate fairly accurately into live situations since resists are pretty much all % based anyway.

2 minutes ago, Kratos Fon Fabre said:

Those changes are to make BG games last longer, how come o:

Only Stone Control should last longer; that was simply because it had disproportionately short match times compared to other ones (average match length was about 60% of other modes). The EoS change was basically just done to shift some of the emphasis onto the flag instead of the bases and help differentiate it a bit more from Domination, but the average match length for it should be fairly similar as long as teams are going for the flag.

20 hours ago, Perry the Platypus said:

My point in the last reply was that if we gave the enchant a higher range, LKs would benefit more from the Atk enchant than they would from the % damage enchant, which isn't really ideal since it would make the % damage enchants literally worthless. Basically you'd end up having them (and other classes) benefit more from the enchant than the classes that it was supposed to be for.

CT did more damage against a single target than a mounted Bowling Bash (slightly less than unmounted, but that's not common) before enchantments were added; I haven't tested with the current enchantments yet to see if it still does more damage, but to say it's "not even close" would suggest to me that you haven't actually tested both skills, or had a very unusual test case (and/or were testing before the BB bug was fixed about a month ago). The damage should still be very close even with enchantments. You can use test_room to compare them, it should translate fairly accurately into live situations since resists are pretty much all % based anyway.

Do I need to actually gear characters for this whenever the math shows it's pretty one-sided:

(Assuming similar attack)

Bowling Bash: 1000% (2x 500%, skill modifier) * 125% (concentrate) * 95% (peco penalty) * 130% (+10 mid, hydra) * 150% (2x sword guardian) * 110% (10% upper enchant) = 2547%

Cart Termination: 1450% (skill modifier) + 100% (maximum over thrust) = 1550%

That's really one-sided.  Unless there are undocumented changes to bowling bash or cart termination or how these skills work.

1 hour ago, lkjewq said:

Unless there are undocumented changes to bowling bash or cart termination or how these skills work.

https://www.anomalyro.com/wiki/index.php/Balancing_Changes

Bowling Bash: Splash damage dealt reduced to 28% of initial damage

The second hit (splash portion) is reduced to 140% (level 1 damage instead of level 10), making the total damage 640%, not 1000%. Using the same numbers from your post, that makes the modifier before enchantments 1482%, and after enchantments 1630%. While the modifier itself is a bit higher now that enchantments exist, it's still very close, and it doesn't take into account the new Atk enchantment for Whitesmiths or the fact that CT also increases allied mage damage on the target.

Full disclosure, that balancing entry was edited just before this post, as it mistakenly said 30% instead of 28%. That doesn't change the end results though (modifier would still be lower than CT pre-enchantments and higher post-enchantments either way), it was just a minor correction that I noticed as I was grabbing the text.

On 9/29/2018 at 8:08 PM, Perry the Platypus said:

https://www.anomalyro.com/wiki/index.php/Balancing_Changes

Bowling Bash: Splash damage dealt reduced to 28% of initial damage

The second hit (splash portion) is reduced to 140% (level 1 damage instead of level 10), making the total damage 640%, not 1000%. Using the same numbers from your post, that makes the modifier before enchantments 1482%, and after enchantments 1630%. While the modifier itself is a bit higher now that enchantments exist, it's still very close, and it doesn't take into account the new Atk enchantment for Whitesmiths or the fact that CT also increases allied mage damage on the target.

Full disclosure, that balancing entry was edited just before this post, as it mistakenly said 30% instead of 28%. That doesn't change the end results though (modifier would still be lower than CT pre-enchantments and higher post-enchantments either way), it was just a minor correction that I noticed as I was grabbing the text.

That makes sense now.  It is similar.