Sign in to follow this  
Schotto

Quality of life

i didn't know what title to give to this topic so don't take it

the following is a list of Question/Suggestion that i'm making 

-Nydhoggur Quest:

When you face the 12 nidhoggur shadow its a real pin in the ass to search them and kill them once it took me to the limit that little fairy was starting to cry "Hurry up... "

what i suggest is a marker in the mini map that will show their location

-Celerity cap:

celerity cap is a cap that gives u boss mdef penetration by its refine so my question is where is its usefullness(sorry i know my english is bad)

magic class that face boss are two

SL:use survivor manteau for a better mattack and neutral resist

Prof:don't need this cause 2vesper can do the trick since mdef pen is caped at 50%

may be this item should be reworked?

-Eggs/OCA/Stones

in this game there are so many rare items that just sit in storage or are ignored

like Eggs or stones (peridote/phlogopite/etc...)can't give those item a life so they can be usefull?

for OCA can't we do something like bloody branches for ebb

can't we do like 50 OCA= 1UCA?it's just a proposition u can make another ratio or find another way to use it

-THANATOS

this mvp is just a shit.he uses tp more than maya and tanee combined

as normal EBB or Bounty he is a pin in the ass

can't we reduce he's tp or even better make it cancellable like a cast

-HAT COLOR

couldn't we make a npc quest to color our headgears this way it will be more easy to buy and sell them

and make it work for other heagear like morpheus hood ...

-Invasion

a commande that will tell u if there was an invasion 

like if i use this commande at 17:23 it will tell me if in between 12:00 and 17:23 there was any invasion or not

-BOUNTY/INVASION/EVENT

I don't have my eyes constantly at ro sometimes i work (yes i play ro at work) sometime i watch a tv show or an animé and i want to be notified when a bounty has shown (like when u get a pm ur client in the taskbarre is yellow) can't we do the same for bounty invasion and events from gm and automated event

thx for reading me

3 hours ago, Schotto said:

like if i use this commande at 17:23 it will tell me if in between 12:00 and 17:23 there was any invasion or not

-BOUNTY/INVASION/EVENT

I don't have my eyes constantly at ro sometimes i work (yes i play ro at work) sometime i watch a tv show or an animé and i want to be notified when a bounty has shown (like when u get a pm ur client in the taskbarre is yellow) can't we do the same for bounty invasion and events from gm and automated event

thx for reading me

If you join the unofficial AnomalyRO Discord, they recently just started posting the times of Invation and the town so people can keep track.

5 hours ago, Schotto said:

i didn't know what title to give to this topic so don't take it

the following is a list of Question/Suggestion that i'm making 

-Nydhoggur Quest:

When you face the 12 nidhoggur shadow its a real pin in the ass to search them and kill them once it took me to the limit that little fairy was starting to cry "Hurry up... "

what i suggest is a marker in the mini map that will show their location

=>Then you never read the quest thoroughly enough, because the quest has the nyd's shadow spawn location and it always the same spot, it took me less than 1 minute to clear them all because i memorize where they showed up.

-Celerity cap:

celerity cap is a cap that gives u boss mdef penetration by its refine so my question is where is its usefullness(sorry i know my english is bad)

magic class that face boss are two

SL:use survivor manteau for a better mattack and neutral resist

Prof:don't need this cause 2vesper can do the trick since mdef pen is caped at 50%

may be this item should be reworked?

=>no comment

-Eggs/OCA/Stones

in this game there are so many rare items that just sit in storage or are ignored

like Eggs or stones (peridote/phlogopite/etc...)can't give those item a life so they can be usefull?

for OCA can't we do something like bloody branches for ebb

can't we do like 50 OCA= 1UCA?it's just a proposition u can make another ratio or find another way to use it

=>i believe this has been suggested before but got rejected

-THANATOS

this mvp is just a shit.he uses tp more than maya and tanee combined

as normal EBB or Bounty he is a pin in the ass

can't we reduce he's tp or even better make it cancellable like a cast

=>since Thanatos is a quest MvP, i doubt you can change its skill without hurting the quest's one, unless you can create 2 different DBs for the thanatos, 1 from quest with original script, the other one is for EBB and Bounty with less level of teleportation skill

-HAT COLOR

couldn't we make a npc quest to color our headgears this way it will be more easy to buy and sell them

and make it work for other heagear like morpheus hood ...

=>the purpose of a recolored headgear besides for fashion, i believe is another way to sink zenny/DC/BG tickets/other currency that might be used to obtain those recolored version.

-Invasion

=>explained above

-BOUNTY/INVASION/EVENT

=>Absolutely not, it should be the benefit of getting online (not online but went afk), those who are online should have better advantage than those who are afk.

thx for reading me

Nydhoggur Quest: You can check the quest guide on our wiki which includes a minimap with the spawn locations for them. :o

Celerity Cape: The purpose of the 3 garment drops is just as newbie MVPing gears; basically for players that may not have access to Vesper Cards or other gear yet, so this would be a temporary alternative until they can get them. Mages already have some of the fastest MVP clearing times, so they didn't really need a direct buff, just a bit more accessibility to newbies (which is what this garment provides). There'll be other custom garments added in future updates, though, when we add new custom MVPs with upcoming PvM content.

Eggs/Stones/OCAs: Eggs pretty much are their own reward; some players like having pets, and the eggs are basically just a way to incentivize killing some of the less commonly desired NPCs. The stones will likely be used in quests from time to time (Phlogopite specifically will be used in a quest coming in the next update, actually), so this part will happen, it just may take time for all of them to be used since they need to fit the quests. :o The OCA -> UCA thing has been suggested before and was rejected, as UCAs are meant to be a rare item obtained only from specific methods; adding a way to farm them (even if it's slow) would somewhat devalue them as rewards since they wouldn't feel special anymore.

Thanatos: I'm not a fan of teleporting MVPs either, but it does seem to be a part of RO's design. =P I'm not 100% sure yet on whether or not we'll change the teleport rates on MVPs, however in the meantime he is normally spawned on smaller maps (other than invasion specifically); if you're using EBBs I'd recommend using a smaller map to break them as well, either a small map that isn't used often, or even just use the Dead Branch rooms as you can set a password on those to prevent the MVPs from being stolen (so long as you don't leave the room for too long).

Headgear Colours: Adding an NPC for this would unfortunately be extraordinarily time consuming (as every headgear ID would need to be entered manually), so the amount of time required to implement it (including added time for adding new headgears in future updates) would be too high. :( It also potentially devalues releases of new colours in future releases a bit, though that's not quite as much of an issue as the time investment part.

Invasion Notifications: The invasion is, as Orpheus mentioned, meant to encourage players to stay active/online in anticipation of the event, which adding a command showing previous times for may take away from that. The unofficial Discord (run by players) does include a channel in which they share the times if they see an invasion though. As far as the taskbar notifications, that's actually something that's been requested in the past and may be looked into - given the disagreement from Orpheus here, I'd actually love to hear from some other players on this one, as I initially thought it'd be a somewhat non-controversial idea.

15 hours ago, Perry the Platypus said:

Nydhoggur Quest: THX i'll do it next time. sorry wasn't aware that there was a map with their location.

Celerity Cape: Still the other garment are main for sniper/gun for MVPing can' wait to see the upcoming stuff

15 hours ago, Perry the Platypus said:

Eggs/Stones/OCAs:For Eggs i realy don't like to throw them if we could just find a way to make them usefull for a quest somethink like bring me 5 randgris egg and i can summon a randgris (an egg is 10% chance to drop) stasticaly speaking u have to kill 50 Randgriss to get 5eggs and i saif "something like" so u can find another rate or any other way

For stones i can't wait to see it (i just want to thank you for this server and all the work u put on it)

For OCA as i said "it's just a proposition u can make another ratio or find another way to use it" 

a question can we find dark priest in OCA?

Thanatos: "but it does seem to be a part of RO's design. " struggling 6 month to get a char from lvl 1 to lvl 99 rebirth is also a part of ro design

it doesn't mean we should keep it

if question some mvp farmer in the server u'll learn that what makes them think twice before going on thanatos is his tp some have even abondoned the idea of thanatos

Headgear Colours: thx for this clarification i just tought it would benefit all players

Invasion Notifications:I didn't asked for a phone call it's just a notification in my task barre thats it Ro isn't life we have some other stuff to do work/research/tvshows/po.. other players got a guilde or friend to keep them company in the server while waiting for event/woe/... but in my case i'm friendless no one to keep me company T.T i'm active as u can see in the server but i sometime a got to do other stuff and asking for a notification is not something realy that huge

On 9/24/2018 at 3:13 PM, Schotto said:

a question can we find dark priest in OCA?

No, currently Dark Priests are only available via UCA, though there will be another way to obtain them soon so it'll be a bit more accessible to free players.

struggling 6 month to get a char from lvl 1 to lvl 99 rebirth is also a part of ro design

it doesn't mean we should keep it

if question some mvp farmer in the server u'll learn that what makes them think twice before going on thanatos is his tp some have even abondoned the idea of thanatos

I wasn't necessarily saying it means we should keep it; that's why I said I wasn't 100% sure about it yet. I don't think the teleporting is a major issue when you summon him directly though, since the map is fairly small; I'd think it'd be more of an issue during invasion due to being on much larger maps.

I didn't asked for a phone call it's just a notification in my task barre thats it Ro isn't life we have some other stuff to do work/research/tvshows/po.. other players got a guilde or friend to keep them company in the server while waiting for event/woe/... but in my case i'm friendless no one to keep me company T.T i'm active as u can see in the server but i sometime a got to do other stuff and asking for a notification is not something realy that huge

Like I said, I thought it wouldn't be a controversial issue myself, but seeing Orpheus's opinion makes me wonder if others may feel the same way. It'd be good to leave a bit of time to see if anyone else has some feedback on the idea. :o

On 9/23/2018 at 6:57 PM, Schotto said:

-BOUNTY/INVASION/EVENT

thx for reading me

I believe having the client notify you when Bounties, Invasions, and Events happen (GM or Automated) would actually be useful to have.

While I believe players who are online should have the advantage - I believe being online and active or semi-afk is the same thing in this regard which is why I am for the idea of having the client notify you when the stated above is happening on the server. I believe not only will this make the server look a bit more active (players may be more apt to stay logged in even though tabbed out) but it will also get a bit more people to endure in the activities on the server such as automated events and GM Events. 

As for your other suggestions,Schotto, I think the people who commented before me stated an opinion I more or less agree with.

Edited by Esper

On 9/24/2018 at 2:34 PM, Perry the Platypus said:

Invasion Notifications: The invasion is, as Orpheus mentioned, meant to encourage players to stay active/online in anticipation of the event, which adding a command showing previous times for may take away from that. The unofficial Discord (run by players) does include a channel in which they share the times if they see an invasion though. As far as the taskbar notifications, that's actually something that's been requested in the past and may be looked into - given the disagreement from Orpheus here, I'd actually love to hear from some other players on this one, as I initially thought it'd be a somewhat non-controversial idea.

I personally don't mind if we leave it as it is. Seeing the #invasion channel in our unofficial Discord allows the community to contribute and help each other, and I like it :o

As for bounties, we already have a Hunter Board in Caspen. Yes, it's not the same as a task bar notification, but if it does exist, then the Hunter Board will be redundant.

As for automated events, they run every 3 hours. I don't see the necessity of having a task bar notification as they happen consistently. GM events, however, it depends on the Staff Team's availability. The unofficial Discord does allow the Staff Team to promote in the #recruitment-channel, and similarly to my point for invasion - I like how it is now.

I do understand where this suggestion is coming from and that is convenience for players who don't have the leverage and time to keep track of invasion/bounty/events. I get the frustration of missing out on things. However, currently, there are already ways to help them as I've mentioned above - 2 of them were initiated and now maintained by our very own players.

Schotto mentioned thanatos teleport, its annoying and yes i've been a bit disencouraged of camping it, but thats because i had one really bad spawn(literally teleported 15ish times), the almost didnt cast offensive spells, only teleporting itself or myself constantly. it'd be nice to lower the rate? yea, but i think those are exceptions, not rule. and if its not a bounty thanatos, its manageable since the map is small.

When it comes to invasion, while i do think it'd be nice to have a notification i disagree with it. its a reward for those who are paying attention and ready. There were several times i was tabbed and missed invasions, its a bummer but if you were tabbed it was for a good reason. you can even go late into one and get some good mvps.

the only thing i'd suggest would be to remove geffen from rotation, but thats a personal opinion. whenever theres 60+ mvps in geffen its just hell.

edit:

about celerity cape: it allows you for other builds, while we don't use because we favor the survivor's mant, a prof could be using TSOD and that'd benefit him to have the celerity cape, he'd only need 1 vesper.

and well, it is a viable option for newbies that don't have vesper cards as they're getting kinda rare on the market lately, specially considering the influx of people using vespers on their snipers for GR.

Edited by Seuvagem