Exroh

Quality of Life Suggestions!

Hey guys I just have a couple of QOL suggestions that I'd like to share.

Previewer:

So I was wondering, instead of having to go the the previewer to try out headgears, where we have to go through the list of all those headgears, I was wonder if we can Ctrl + Left click (how ever the controls may be) to try out headgears by using the item links? If we ctrl + left click on the item link it'll make a preview window in game and it'll show our character with the headgear on? I just find it very inconvenient to go keep going through the list in the previewer 

Pet chat and @jump chat:

Would it be possible to make a separate filter for these two chat? So we can filter out pet chat spam and for us MvPers to make a separated @jump chat tab for our jump coordinates? Atm the only we to filter these out is with the public chat but this removed the public chat. 

Devotion Buff icon:

For all of my /effects and darkgrf fellas, this would be a nice addition. We can't really see the devotion effect to see if we are devo'd or not.

Gunslingers:

I recently noticed that Gunslingers buffs only last like 30 seconds. On top of that, they have to keep using flip coin. I was wondering if their buff duration could be extended a little just like with Sniper's True Sight buff?

Edit/ new suggestion:

Adding more onto the list. (Sorry devs pls dont kill me xD)

Making guild storage look different than personal storage: 

It would be nice to be able to tell if the storage that you’re currently on is the guild’s. Often times there’s a lot of things going through players’ minds where they aren’t paying attention on what storage that they are on. Making guild storage look different to personal storage will decrease the chance of players making critical mistakes like accidentally putting in their valuable items in public guild storage.

Gunslingers Flip Coin orbs.

Is it possible to add a buff icon for Gunslingers’ flip coin orbs? I play with darkgrf/effects off and it’d be nice to see how many charges I have left so I know why I can’t use my buffs on the fly.

Maybe a flip coin symbol and a number that changes to indicate charge amount?

Edited by Exroh

I agree with most of the content suggested here, however I don't think that Gunslingers need an increase in duration for their increasing accuracy. They are already very good in WoE and I believe that Gunslingers are unique in a way that during that short buff duration time, it would make you try to utilise the 30 second buff and go aggressive. Other than that, these are some suggestions I would like to see added on to the server :)

+1

+1 on Previewer: it's quite annoying having to look through the previewer list, then forgetting where they were.. then misclicking...then /desp 
Would be more convenient overall.

+- 0 Pet Chat and @jump chat: eh I'm not really to cornered myself on this It's never been a problem.

+1 Devotion Buff Icon: It'd be good on those being devo'd; for thsoe who can't see the link of the devo ! And you'll know when you're dispelled while having /effect off  ! Ayee~

-1 Gunslingers: eh LOL Concentration buff last 30 sec, just rebuff  hue

Edited by ValiantLoL

im on +1 to everything, and i dont really know why anyone would be against the increased duration of  gunner buffs. This is literally only convenience, it doesnt make them stronger in any way... +4 dex is kinda pathetic, adjustment helps though doesnt stack with gear ranged resist additively.

Edited by Sakuretsu

16 minutes ago, ohbee1 said:

They are already very good in WoE and I believe that Gunslingers are unique in a way that during that short buff duration time, it would make you try to utilise the 30 second buff and go aggressive. Other than that, these are some suggestions I would like to see added on to the server :)

I never thought of it that way. I guess Gunslingers can just have their spheres ready and just pop the buffs when they ready to start shootin.

I'm not really asking for Gunslinger buffs as they are already good at their current state. 

Previewer: I'm actually not 100% sure if this is possible on our client version; if I recall correctly it was added in a later client version, and upgrading clients would be a massive undertaking atm since all of our client mods rely on specific memory addresses (which change with every client version, unfortunately). I can try to look into it though and see if there's a way to enable it on our current version. Also, in case you don't already know about it, you can use our website's render module to preview any headgear at any angle, while performing any action (walking, attacking, etc). We also try to update the wiki's shop pages with full previews every time we add new headgears to the shops. :o

Chat Filters: This is one that I would actually love to add, but unfortunately I don't have access to the original client source to make changes to the filter settings. As mentioned above, the client modifications require specific memory addresses (basically I need to overwrite parts of the client), and they can be extremely difficult to find in some cases unless I already have a reference (which sadly for the case of chat filters, I don't). If I ever do manage to find the location of the filter functions/settings though then I'll add some new chat filters for sure. On the note of pet chat specifically though, I'll probably end up looking into a way to disable pet chat entirely for players that don't want to see it.

Devotion Icon: This one we can add, yep! I'll try to look through the available status icons soon and see if there's any I can recolour that would work for this.

Gunslinger Buffs: We can increase Adjustment to 60 seconds as well. :D

24 minutes ago, Perry the Platypus said:

you can use our website's render module to preview any headgear at any angle, while performing any action (walking, attacking, etc).

OMG!! My Rune Ring.

img.png

Edited by Exroh

Adding more onto the list. (Sorry devs pls dont kill me xD)

Making guild storage look different than personal storage: 

It would be nice to be able to tell if the storage that you’re currently on is the guild’s. Often times there’s a lot of things going through players’ minds where they aren’t paying attention on what storage that they are on. Making guild storage look different to personal storage will decrease the chance of players making critical mistakes like accidentally putting in their valuable items in public guild storage.

Edited by Exroh
New suggestions moved to the first post.

1. Will it be possible to add a option to see who have taken what from gstorage? Might require some coding thou.

2. I noticed that Paladin Shield Chain is NOT affected by converter - not sure if this is original setting or its been customized as past few servers i have played are different.

3. Have a map where people can use Chat room to buy / sell / trade items.

Just a quick note, separate suggestions should usually be posted in separate threads, as it helps us with organizing things and makes it easier to avoid overlooking suggestions when we're moving old topics. :o

8 hours ago, Exroh said:

Making guild storage look different than personal storage

Unfortunately I'm not sure if this is actually possible, as I think the client renders the same window regardless of which type of storage is opened. The UI/window manager is a part of the client that I don't have full access to (which is why our help window is actually a separate application and not part of the client itself), so unless I can find a way to reconstruct the entire thing, customizing in-game windows (aside from text) will be very difficult for the time being. :(

7 hours ago, Silent said:

Will it be possible to add a option to see who have taken what from gstorage? Might require some coding thou.

This would probably require a lot more development time than we could justify for the benefit it would give (which is relatively small/niche). Generally speaking any items that are placed in guild storage should be put there with the assumption that anyone can take them (which is the idea behind guild storage anyway), so logs of who took what would rarely be needed.

I noticed that Paladin Shield Chain is NOT affected by converter - not sure if this is original setting or its been customized as past few servers i have played are different.

This is default behavior and would be better served in its own topic (as it's a balancing suggestion rather than QoL), though Paladins aren't really meant to be an offensive class, and are already extremely potent at what they do.

Have a map where people can use Chat room to buy / sell / trade items.

We actually left this out intentionally; I wanted to avoid the dead/empty feel that comes from a huge amount of chatrooms (especially in main town), which is seen in a lot of other servers. Shops can be opened in the vending map of course, but I don't know if players would really go to a dedicated chatroom map even if we added one, so using the #market channel would still be ideal anyway.

Can we have graymap disabled in all TOWNS please. I find graymap useful in most cases but chilling in other towns would be nice too. 

3 hours ago, Robb said:

Can we have graymap disabled in all TOWNS please. I find graymap useful in most cases but chilling in other towns would be nice too. 

Technically the wrong topic, but that's a custom GRF, so not something we have control over (unless we offer an official greymap GRF later, which will probably only cover specific maps anyway). You can open whichever GRF you're using and just delete the map files for the maps you want to disable it on; just search the map name (for example prontera or prt_fild08 etc) and delete all the related files, then resave the GRF.

17 hours ago, Perry the Platypus said:

Technically the wrong topic, but that's a custom GRF, so not something we have control over (unless we offer an official greymap GRF later, which will probably only cover specific maps anyway). You can open whichever GRF you're using and just delete the map files for the maps you want to disable it on; just search the map name (for example prontera or prt_fild08 etc) and delete all the related files, then resave the GRF.

Oh okay. Also, sorry for posting this here. Its just that someone told me that its a "quality of life" thing. LOL. Ty.

3 hours ago, Robb said:

Oh okay. Also, sorry for posting this here. Its just that someone told me that its a "quality of life" thing. LOL. Ty.

Things that are convenient to have but dont necessarily affect direct class balance. Let's take a fictive example: "Buffer NPC now gives 2 hours increase agility and blessing when the player is not max level"

That, or "Berzerk will no longer prevent the player from talking"

Edited by Sakuretsu