Sign in to follow this  
BillCollector

Error upon starting the game

This error means the client wasn't able to initialize some of the data required for the login process, which is often related to a system issue. Seems to be pretty rare, but previous cases have been fixed by simply restarting the computer, so that'd be the first thing to try here.

If it still doesn't work after a restart, can you let me know which operating system you're using? Also, are you by any chance trying to play using a virtual machine/sandbox?

Okay, I've put up a patch that may fix the issue for you. If it still doesn't work after patching, the error message should now display an additional number at the end which should help to narrow it down a bit, so just let me know what that is and I'll take another look at it.

1 hour ago, Perry the Platypus said:

Hi, unfortunately the client doesn't officially support Mac, but can you give me exact error code (including the number at the end if it's there)?

Hi, Heres the code error #DBD0104

Oh man, i guess the only way would be to do a bootcamp on my mac?

I actually tried to run it using Wine, it works but it is super laggy. Its weird why it works on wine but not parallel tho.

Thanks anyways, please keep me updated if there is a solution. Cant wait to be back in RO after so long.

I don't actually have a Mac to test this for sure, but from the description on the Apple website it does sound like a Boot Camp setup should work. That may be the only method that the client would properly support, since it uses a proper non-virtualized Windows installation and should (in theory) support everything that a standard Windows machine would.