Perry the Platypus

Server Updates (May 21, 2018)

2 hours ago, Perry the Platypus said:

Kiel - Guaranteed in 1 Asura Strike without a single MVP card

2 hours ago, Perry the Platypus said:

Without a single MVP card you can deal ... 4.75m damage to Kiel (>50%),

Sir what do you call this? i didn't change anything you said this

it's you who don't read me well 

let me clarify again if you want to nerf champ make sure to nerf the strong one not the weak one that already have huge disadventage

i don't mind that you nerf (even if it would be great that you give something else not only nerfs everywhere)

just be sure that you hit the target and there is no collateral damages

from my point of view the one that got weakened are low champions

Big stuff champion will still go asura tp since they will still be able to get more than 50% and let other people finish for them (if they are too lasy to finish it themeselves)

Just now, Schotto said:

Sir what do you call this? i didn't change anything you said this

it's you who don't read me well 

I call that a guaranteed MVP in one hit both before and after the nerf, whether you have MVP cards in your build or not. If you deal over 50% of the HP in one hit, you're already guaranteed the kill at that point. You've somehow managed to quote my exact point while simultaneously not reading it.

2 minutes ago, Schotto said:

let me clarify again if you want to nerf champ make sure to nerf the strong one not the weak one that already have huge disadventage

Newbie Champions weren't at a disadvantage, and still aren't against most MVPs. They're certainly not at a "huge" disadvantage, and they weren't before either.

3 minutes ago, Schotto said:

i don't mind that you nerf (even if it would be great that you give something else not only nerfs everywhere)

There were 10 buffs and 3 nerfs in this topic. I'm not sure what your point is here, other than once again not reading things.

4 minutes ago, Schotto said:

from my point of view the one that got weakened are low champions

Big stuff champion will still go asura tp since they will still be able to get more than 50% and let other people finish for them (if they are too lasy to finish it themeselves)

And if that's still your point of view then you've still failed to read my reply in which I explicitly pointed out the majority of cases in which you can still deal over 50% of an MVP's HP in one or two hits, with just a newbie build, without Gloom/Tanee, without any MVP drops at all.

Also, see here for your second point:

"Update: MVP status will now expire if you haven't attacked the MVP for over 60 seconds"

Sorry I did not read through the torrent of awesome good points that everyone has .. 2 days on the server here are my 2 cents .. 

I don't play champ, I don't like MVPing with one. Nerfing asura doesn't really achieve anything .. Newbies take longer to kill stuff, veterans take longer to kill stuff .. Doesn't change whatever is in either ones storage Yes?

You want to fix something that has been, I'm assuming in place since the start of the server? Rollback/ Wipe is the only way forward (yes I know Perry will not do this). Or just remove all the MVP cards from the server prior to asura change .. This change is not bridging the gap between veterans and newbies, neither is it game breaking .. 

Someone mentioned that champs give up ghost property MVP's .. Just because you play champ as a one trick pony that doesn't justify that argument .. I've witnessed on 255/120 servers champs destroying MVP's with TSS builds .. 

Why doesn't everyone just accept the change and move on with life? 

All I read are the veterans of the server complaining that AS got nerfed and builds and costs .. People will continue to do what they have to do irrespective of the change .. I still see AS spamming champs MVPing .. 

May the Laziness be with you always ..............

7 minutes ago, Perry the Platypus said:

I call that a guaranteed MVP in one hit both before and after the nerf, whether you have MVP cards in your build or not. If you deal over 50% of the HP in one hit, you're already guaranteed the kill at that point. You've somehow managed to quote my exact point while simultaneously not reading it.

Man pls if you are not honest how can we discuss you stated both of those "statement" after nerf

9 minutes ago, Perry the Platypus said:

There were 10 buffs and 3 nerfs in this topic. I'm not sure what your point is here, other than once again not reading things.

My point is in every huge Nerf you don't give something in the oposite way

You nerf asura damages ok give us a weapon that is hard to get or to craft(to champion)

all bonus arn't at the same lvl as nerfs 50% MPen 50% damage of asura what bonus can contrast with those?

13 minutes ago, Perry the Platypus said:

And if that's still your point of view then you've still failed to read my reply in which I explicitly pointed out the majority of cases in which you can still deal over 50% of an MVP's HP in one or two hits, with just a newbie build, without Gloom/Tanee, without any MVP drops at all.

And if you still say this you don't get what i said i'm speaking about natural spawning mvp that can't be killed easily by newbies

15 minutes ago, Perry the Platypus said:

"Update: MVP status will now expire if you haven't attacked the MVP for over 60 seconds"

yes still 1 minute is large for a mvp instance and Champion well geared if they are interested in the mvp will finish it befor tp

Schotto, until you're willing to actually read my replies, I don't see any point in continuing this conversation. Go back and read what I've said, carefully, and you'll understand the points I'm making. That's really all there is left to say at this point since you'll probably skip over anything else I say.

15 minutes ago, peekaboo said:

I don't play champ, I don't like MVPing with one. Nerfing asura doesn't really achieve anything .. Newbies take longer to kill stuff, veterans take longer to kill stuff .. Doesn't change whatever is in either ones storage Yes?

The MVP cards that have already been obtained aren't too much of an issue; really the change is just to give other classes a better opportunity to shine, especially with the MVP killing power of magic classes being lowered in this update as well. So it's more about balancing out the playing field between classes for future MVP invasions, not so much an issue of the MVP cards that already exist on the server.

Sir I find it realy disrespectfull to end up discution like that just because you have no arguments or you feel cornered.

As i said this nerf will affect newbies more than veterant

even you said it will need 3  AS to get FBH with no MVP

and you said it need 2 AS to get Kiel then u said only 1 is need wich is a contradiction and don't tell me this is before and after the nerf cause in ur post u where speaking post "NERF"

Champion got only MVP and still not fully ghost are out of reach even if Mr peekaboo thinks the oposite if u want to go TSS on ghost u'll not stand a chance against a tetraplegic SL or Prof who can kill them way faster

Prof/Sl have a lot of fields where they can shine

thats reason number 1 i do think this nerf is not right

reason number 2 is as i stated just a few line above the newbies will feel it more than veterant and if you are logic a little and if u read what you say (you not me) you'll understand that

you keep killing char by char (SG and now Champ)

your nerfs are huge and buffs are too small

just keep quoting me wrong sir

i'm sure you won't read everything and blame me that i don't read u but i do sometimes more than twice to be sure to understand u and if i don't i ask as u might have seen

on this sir have a nice day/good night

12 minutes ago, Schotto said:

Sir I find it realy disrespectfull to end up discution like that just because you have no arguments or you feel cornered.

I don't feel cornered. You have yet to counter a single one of my arguments, primarily because you seemingly refuse to read them. I've tried to explain it to you repeatedly, and I've been respectful the entire time, but I can't spend my entire day repeating the same points over and over again when you refuse to read them. Newbie Champions can still guarantee the vast majority of MVPs for themselves in one or two hits, including all but one of the MVPs that you listed in your earlier post. You can see my earlier reply for a full explanation of this, including damage numbers against a variety of MVPs and the exact build that you can use to do it without requiring a single MVP drop.

14 minutes ago, Schotto said:

and you said it need 2 AS to get Kiel then u said only 1 is need wich is a contradiction and don't tell me this is before and after the nerf cause in ur post u where speaking post "NERF"

Two Asura Strikes to kill Kiel, yes. That means one Asura Strike to deal over 50% of its HP, just like I said. That means one Asura Strike to guarantee the MVP is yours, also just like I said. You only need to get it below 50% for the MVP to be yours - you already mentioned this yourself. I never contradicted myself, I've made the exact same point in every single post so far. Guaranteed in one hit isn't the same thing as killed in one hit - my point is that you only need to hit it one time to secure the MVP and prevent it from being stolen from you.

22 minutes ago, Schotto said:

Prof/Sl have a lot of fields where they can shine

thats reason number 1 i do think this nerf is not right

reason number 2 is as i stated just a few line above the newbies will feel it more than veterant and if you are logic a little and if u read what you say (you not me) you'll understand that

I've used both logic and math to explain why you're wrong. You've used neither so far. Please read my posts again.

On 5/26/2018 at 7:18 AM, Perry the Platypus said:

Without a single MVP card you can deal 5.28m damage to Tao Gunka (1 hit kill), 4.75m damage to Kiel (>50%), 2.35m to Pharaoh (>50%), 4.49m to SinX (>50%), 1.3m to GTB (>50%). You guarantee yourself all of these MVPs (and more that I didn't list) with a single Asura Strike, meaning nothing has changed at all for any of these MVPs, whether you're full build or a newbie.

The MVP, Lord Knight Seyren. You can deal 2.1m damage with an extremely basic build, which is about 22% of its HP. It wouldn't take much to adjust the build accordingly to deal 25%, at which point you only need to hit it twice to guarantee the MVP for yourself. There's a lot of other MVPs that require only 2-3 hits to get to 50% as well. If you're the first to find an MVP, hitting it a second or third time before others show up shouldn't be a problem.

FBH - Guaranteed in 3 Asura Strikes without a single MVP card

Kiel - Guaranteed in 1 Asura Strike without a single MVP card

Valkyrie - Guaranteed in 3 Asura Strikes without a single MVP card

Tao Gunka - One shot kill without a single MVP card

Detale - Guaranteed in 2 Asura Strikes without a single MVP card

Nidhoggur - Instance MVP, can't be stolen

Vesper - Guaranteed in 1 Asura Strike without a single MVP card

For every MVP you listed other that Satan Morroc, you don't need any Glooms (or other MVP cards) to guarantee that you get them. I guess you could argue FBH and Valkyrie if you have trouble targeting them for multiple Asura Strikes, but if that's the case then someone trying to steal it from you should in theory have the same task of trying to aim correctly anyway.

Whether those cards make a difference or not isn't really important; the fact is that in the majority of cases, that difference isn't meaningful, as explained in the rest of this post. Champions still excel at MVPing, even without any MVP cards, while other classes that cost a similar amount (Sniper etc) are drastically slower at killing MVPs, and classes that can almost compete (but are still slower in most cases) are infinitely more expensive to gear up.

No, it means cheap:

Reveal hidden contents

Headgears: Customs with Vanberk Cards

Armor: Whatever you want, could probably just use a Goibne's Armor with Dainn Cards for some HP

Weapon: +10 Mace with 4 Abysmal Knight Cards

Shield: Anything with 2 Alice Cards

Garment: Morpheus's Shawl with 2 Aliot Cards

Footgear: Glass Boots (or Vidar's Boots / Variant Shoes) with 2 Sohee Cards

Accessories: Minor Int Belts with 4 Mantis Cards

Stats: 500 Str, 126 Agi, 100 Vit, 453 Int, 100 Dex, 4 Luk

That's the random build I threw together for testing the above damage values, using only Blessing and Increase Agi for buffs. Not a single MVP needs to be killed for any of those items, unless you opt for Variant Shoes, but Glass Boots are better anyway. This build is better than cheap - it's free and, aside from the BG items (which have easy replacements), can be farmed by a player on the same day that they joined the server.

Hi, where do I get the glass boots? Is it created? farmable? Thanks!

2 hours ago, Welwix said:

Hi, where do I get the glass boots? Is it created? farmable? Thanks!

From Battleground Shop, and it will cost you 100BG tix / 4b, and yes the battleground tickets are farm-able by yourself.

If you want mine, +8 Glass Boots [2], I can sell it for 6MC... save your pocket 3b

1 hour ago, TTTWWW said:

From Battleground Shop, and it will cost you 100BG tix / 4b, and yes the battleground tickets are farm-able by yourself.

If you want mine, +8 Glass Boots [2], I can sell it for 6MC... save your pocket 3b

Just started playing, only have 2MC to my name LOL will let you know once I save enough. Hard to find people grinding GR -_- Thanks for the offer tho