Sign in to follow this  
GemGem

Stalker Skill NPC

Im planning to make a stalker, but when i remember in my previous playing as shadow chaser, it is annoying to create characters in different account just to copy skills, like SG for mage, BB for knight and etc. So if ever it will be ok, i want an NPC that can let you copy different skills of different jobs.

so i dont need to login other account and level up some characters. If this suggestion was approved before, where i can find the NPC because i cant see it in caspen. 

Thank you!

list of skills

First Class

Swordsman:
- Bash
- Magnum Break

Archer:
- Double Strafe (Bow Only)
- Arrow Shower (Bow Only)
- Arrow Repel (Bow Only)

Thief:
- Envenom (Only if you have not learnt it)
- Stone Fling (Only if you have not learnt it)

Merchant:
- Mammonite

Acolyte:
- Heal (Evil Druid Card Only)
- Holy Light
- Ruwach

Mage:
- Cold Bolt
- Fire Ball
- Fire Bolt
- Fire Wall
- Frost Diver
- Lightning Bolt
- Napalm Beat
- Soul Strike
- Thunderstorm

Second Class

Knight:
- Bowling Bash
- Charge Attack

Crusader:
- Grand Cross
- Holy Cross
- Shield Boomerang (Shield Only)
- Smite (Shield Only)

Hunter:
- Blast Mine
- Claymore Trap
- Land Mine
- Freesing Trap
- Phantasmic Arrow (Bow Only)

Alchemist:
- Acid Terror
- Bomb

Priest:
- Magnus Exorcismus (Evil Druid Card Only)
- Turn Undead (Evil Druid Card Only)
- Asperio (Evil Druid Card Only)
- Sanctuary (Evil Druid Card Only, teaches Heal)
- Resurrection(Evil Druid Card Only)
- B.S Sacramenti (Evil Druid Card Only, needs 2 Acolyte classes beside you to cast)

Monk:
- Raging Trifecta Blow
- Occult Impaction (Greatest General Card/Spiritual Bestowment/Power Velocity)
- Throw Spirit Sphere (Greatest General Card/Spiritual Bestowment/Power Velocity)
- Excruciating Palm
- Guillotine Fist (Greatest General Card/Spiritual Bestowment/Power Velocity. Fury is activated by the Ring of Flame Lord)

Assassin:
- Venom Splasher
- Venom Knife

Rogue:
- Backstab (Level 5 )
- Double Strafe (Only if you have not learnt it. Bow Only)

Wizard:
- Earth Spike
- Fire Pillar
- Frost Nova
- Heaven's Drive
- Jupitel Thunder
- Lord of Vermillion
- Meteor Storm
- Sightrasher (Horong Card Only)
- Storm Gust
- Water Ball
- Sight Blaster

Sage:
- Earth Spike
- Heaven's Drive

Expanded Class

TaeKwon Kid:
- Flying Kick

Ninja:
- Throw Coins
- Flip Tatami
- Haze Slasher
- Shadow Slash
- Flaming Petals
- Blaze Shield
- Exploding Dragon
- Freezing Spear
- Snow Flake Draft
- Wind Blade
- Lightning Jolt
- First Wind

Super Novice:
- Bash
- Magnum Break
- Mammonite
- Ruwach
- Cold Bolt
- Fire Ball
- Fire Bolt
- Fire Wall
- Frost Diver
- Lightning Bolt
- Napalm Beat
- Soul Strike
- Thunderstorm

I really love that InertiaRO allowed us to copy trans skill!!! So here we go!

Trans Class

Paladin:
-Pressure
-Sacrifice
-Gospel
-Shield Chain (Shield Only)

High Wizard:
-Magic Crasher
-Napalm Vulcan

Sniper:
-Sharp Shooting (Bow only)

Assassin Cross:
-Meteor Assault
-Soul Breaker

Creator:
-Acid Demonstration

Thank you!

We do have an NPC in Caspen that lets you copy skills from characters in the same account, though, they have to be created. Essentially the same as making a character in another account, but without the extra step of hitting yourself with that skill. We do not have an automated "Copy every available skill for Stalkers NPC".

4 minutes ago, Kratos Fon Fabre said:

We do have an NPC in Caspen that lets you copy skills from characters in the same account, though, they have to be created. Essentially the same as making a character in another account, but without the extra step of hitting yourself with that skill. We do not have an automated "Copy every available skill for Stalkers NPC".

I hope Gm perry will make one, i want to make a stalker:)

For now, you can still make the character and ask around to see if someone would be kind enough to let you copy their skills. I'm very certain most people won't mind. If you see me around, you can ask me for most skills (as I have most classes maxed out, I just never touch them) and I'll gladly help you. Won't even take a full minute, haha.

Similarly, you can add a suggestion post to expand the NPC skill copy in Caspen to have all the skills available for Stalkers instead of the ones pertaining to characters in the same account.

this feature is already available, but you still then need to level your char up to a certain degree (probably 2-2) to get the copyable skills listed through the npc, although kratos's suggestion of an auto skill list npc would be beneficial as it lessens the hassle of making a new char and talking to the npc and so on.

the trans class skills on the other hand may be subject for a few balancing tests as i believe the Preserve skill copies 2-1/2 and extended class skills only (?). So you can definitely suggest those should you feel the need for the said skills to be included in the current roster of preservable skills. Other skills idt are copyable as some of them require pre requisite equipments or skills to trigger, thus having to implement these might not help the class the slightest. I'd +1 on acid demo and sharp shooting though.

Personally I think the current setup is good, since it encourages some time investment to unlock skills. Of course you don't actually need to max out each character (or even rebirth, for that matter), so you can just create a couple classes that you want the skills from, level them up for 10-15 minutes or so to get the skills you want, and then talk to the NPC to unlock them permanently for your account. :o

Just as a reference by the way since the exact location wasn't mentioned yet, you can find the skill copy NPC at caspen 87 228.

As far as rebirth skills go, we currently use the default copyable skills list, and personally I think that's sufficient. Giving Stalkers access to Acid Demonstration is almost definitely going to lead to some balancing issues, as would some of the other rebirth skills. Also, using the standard copyable skills gives us some freedom to add more consistent/manageable strengths to the rest of their kit (such as the planned strip skill changes), without quite as much concern about an unexpected niche build suddenly having way too much strength.

10 hours ago, Perry the Platypus said:

Personally I think the current setup is good, since it encourages some time investment to unlock skills. Of course you don't actually need to max out each character (or even rebirth, for that matter), so you can just create a couple classes that you want the skills from, level them up for 10-15 minutes or so to get the skills you want, and then talk to the NPC to unlock them permanently for your account. :o

Just as a reference by the way since the exact location wasn't mentioned yet, you can find the skill copy NPC at caspen 87 228.

As far as rebirth skills go, we currently use the default copyable skills list, and personally I think that's sufficient. Giving Stalkers access to Acid Demonstration is almost definitely going to lead to some balancing issues, as would some of the other rebirth skills. Also, using the standard copyable skills gives us some freedom to add more consistent/manageable strengths to the rest of their kit (such as the planned strip skill changes), without quite as much concern about an unexpected niche build suddenly having way too much strength.

19 hours ago, Force Lux said:

this feature is already available, but you still then need to level your char up to a certain degree (probably 2-2) to get the copyable skills listed through the npc, although kratos's suggestion of an auto skill list npc would be beneficial as it lessens the hassle of making a new char and talking to the npc and so on.

the trans class skills on the other hand may be subject for a few balancing tests as i believe the Preserve skill copies 2-1/2 and extended class skills only (?). So you can definitely suggest those should you feel the need for the said skills to be included in the current roster of preservable skills. Other skills idt are copyable as some of them require pre requisite equipments or skills to trigger, thus having to implement these might not help the class the slightest. I'd +1 on acid demo and sharp shooting though.

Sorry i just copy that list, didnt see that acid demo haha..even shadow chaser cant copy that skill, and it is too OP and ruin the balance. hehe.

@Perry the Platypus Maybe ill check that NPC later, as i clarify if the skill has been registered the NPC, so everytime i will go to that NPC the copyiable skill is still there?

ex. i have storm gust before, so i registered it to the NPC, a few hours some mobs throw a fireball at me and didnt activate preserve. 

If i go back to the NPC is storm gust still there?

1 hour ago, GemGem said:

Yes, as long as you have used the NPC to copy their available skills, every time you go back to that NPC on your Stalker, all the skills you copied from your other classes will be available. This happens even if you lost the copied skill if you forgot to Preserve, all you need is one quick trip back to the NPC to get the skill again.

13 hours ago, GemGem said:

Sorry i just copy that list, didnt see that acid demo haha..even shadow chaser cant copy that skill, and it is too OP and ruin the balance. hehe.

@Perry the Platypus Maybe ill check that NPC later, as i clarify if the skill has been registered the NPC, so everytime i will go to that NPC the copyiable skill is still there?

ex. i have storm gust before, so i registered it to the NPC, a few hours some mobs throw a fireball at me and didnt activate preserve. 

oh way back in iro, acid demo and other trans skills were copyable though.

imho having acid demo won't leave any power struggle among classes as it can only equivalent as another ad user and is still underpowered compared to its original plagiarized class. idt the stalker class would be op even with it as the skill always has been part of the current class meta, hence i gave it a +1.

Edited by Force Lux

1 hour ago, Kratos Fon Fabre said:

Yes, as long as you have used the NPC to copy their available skills, every time you go back to that NPC on your Stalker, all the skills you copied from your other classes will be available. This happens even if you lost the copied skill if you forgot to Preserve, all you need is one quick trip back to the NPC to get the skill again.

So basically it is like a storage of  skills. Does it have limit or something like only one skill can be stored?

17 minutes ago, Force Lux said:

oh way back in iro, acid demo and other trans skills were copyable though.

imho having acid demo won't leave any power struggle among classes as it can only equivalent as another ad user and is still underpowered compared to its original plagiarized class. idt the stalker class would be op even without it as the skill always has been part of the current class meta, hence i gave it a +1.

Causes explosion for up to 10 consecutive hits. Target's weapon and armor has a chance to be destroyed. Deals only 50% damage to other humans.
Damage formula per hit is: (0.7 * Target's VIT * Creator's INT^2) / (Target's VIT + Creator's INT).

(0.7 * Target's VIT * Creator's INT^2) / (Target's VIT + Creator's INT)
If this is the formula of Acid demo, i think i will OP even you dont have sufficient INT

10 Hits | 10% Chance to destroy weapon and armor

Maybe it can be implimented here if GM @Perry the Platypus will approve it.
But for me, stalker with acid demo= OP

55 minutes ago, GemGem said:

So basically it is like a storage of  skills. Does it have limit or something like only one skill can be stored?

I do not think so. You just walk up to the NPC with any class, have your skills copied, come back on your Stalker and then you can see what skills you can have. I've done this with 6 classes I think no problem.

10 hours ago, GemGem said:

Causes explosion for up to 10 consecutive hits. Target's weapon and armor has a chance to be destroyed. Deals only 50% damage to other humans.
Damage formula per hit is: (0.7 * Target's VIT * Creator's INT^2) / (Target's VIT + Creator's INT).

(0.7 * Target's VIT * Creator's INT^2) / (Target's VIT + Creator's INT)
If this is the formula of Acid demo, i think i will OP even you dont have sufficient INT

10 Hits | 10% Chance to destroy weapon and armor

Maybe it can be implimented here if GM @Perry the Platypus will approve it.
But for me, stalker with acid demo= OP

but then again, it's the same computation as it has been originally for creos. I don't see how it would be OP if you don't have enough int, as the computation has stated, 0.7*target vit*creo's int^2/0.7*target vit+creo's int. If you do the math at say 390 enemy vit (not thana bait) and at 500 int, it'd land you at about 88,000 damage divided in 10 hits, while in comparison at around 250-300 int (if you have enough skill points) will land you right around 45-50,000 divided into 10 hits, bout 4-5k damage a pop without resistances. It doesn't seem OP to me unless you wish to add in most your stats to str or dex (again if you have enough skill points) and go with raid/backstabs as substitute to trick the enemy into wearing resistances, but then again, the 375%/300% damage output won't deal much even if you have your stats maxed on either str or dex (this is without even factoring resistances), and doing so will definitely compromise your stat points for other stats eg. vit/agi/luk.

the 10% armor break tendency can be prevented via the use of fcp/ufcp which is widely available, so it's not really that OP afaik.

Edited by Force Lux

Actually, no, i believe that this is 88k per hit (~880k per cast). This is before resistances, so tharas and headgear brings this down to 35k per hit (~350k per cast) atleast. Ghostring brings this further down to 8.8k per hit, which is still a whole lot (~88k per cast). but then in this server magic defense reduces AD damage so we must also take that into account. assuming a mag def of 100, and mdef pen of 45%, this brings the damage to 3.9k per hit, so 39k per bomb. I find that this is alot of damage for something after so many resistances, but this isnt a creo post

The math however should be done somewhere between 560 int and 600 int because of item effects, and let's not forget that there is a weapon out there that increases acid demo damage by 20%; the red square bag (which stalkers cant use).

Therefore between 90k and 99k per hit.

Edited by Sakuretsu

19 minutes ago, Sakuretsu said:

Actually, no, i believe that this is 88k per hit (~880k per cast). This is before resistances, so tharas and headgear brings this down to 35k per hit (~350k per cast) atleast. Ghostring brings this further down to 8.8k per hit, which is still a whole lot (~88k per cast). but then in this server magic defense reduces AD damage so we must also take that into account. assuming a mag def of 100, and mdef pen of 45%, this brings the damage to 3.9k per hit, so 39k per bomb.

The math however should be done somewhere between 560 int and 600 int because of item effects

whoops, right, it's per hit. /desp i didnt read the skill disc right mb, that sounds about right. But this is if you're on full-on int build, the only reason I will see this as OP is if you factor in another main stat and use this as a utility skill (since going full int won't have much difference in damage output compared to creos, stalkers don't really have any booster skills for int that would let them exploit such skill), but the option for another built-in skill build won't really help much aside from disabling and debuffing enemies due to the sub-par damage output, plus the inconvenience of insufficient stat allocation so eitherway, i don't think it'd be as OP as people think it'd be.

Emergency avoid and cloaking can be equivalent to a chase walk+link, so i don't really see the diff as both are detectable with aoe attacks, so yeah, that's that.

Edited by Force Lux

5 hours ago, Force Lux said:

whoops, right, it's per hit. /desp i didnt read the skill disc right mb, that sounds about right. But this is if you're on full-on int build, the only reason I will see this as OP is if you factor in another main stat and use this as a utility skill (since going full int won't have much difference in damage output compared to creos, stalkers don't really have any booster skills for int that would let them exploit such skill), but the option for another built-in skill build won't really help much aside from disabling and debuffing enemies due to the sub-par damage output, plus the inconvenience of insufficient stat allocation so eitherway, i don't think it'd be as OP as people think it'd be.

Emergency avoid and cloaking can be equivalent to a chase walk+link, so i don't really see the diff as both are detectable with aoe attacks, so yeah, that's that.

You could do a full dex low-int (300+50) hybrid using acid demo to punish non-GR and immaterial arrow to punish GR, that much int would allow you to dish out ~8.1k per hit against non GR users assuming 100 mdef and 45% mdef pierce, 0 ranged and neut resist, and default demi human resists. If deviling becomes an issue, arrows can easily be changed, and you can punish devi usage.

Edited by Sakuretsu

1 hour ago, Sakuretsu said:

You could do a full dex low-int (300+50) hybrid using acid demo to punish non-GR and immaterial arrow to punish GR, that much int would allow you to dish out ~8.1k per hit against non GR users assuming 100 mdef and 45% mdef pierce, 0 ranged and neut resist, and default demi human resists. If deviling becomes an issue, arrows can easily be changed, and you can punish devi usage.

it can be a good option for stalkers to go with such builds, but then again, considering such combination of skills, with 45% magic pen and the requirement for kiel cards (this will def take 6 hg slots) will leave the stalker highly vulnerable against different attacks (esp since bow is your best pal here, you'll be needing it bout 75-80% of the time to boost your damage output based on the stats you have), the only room for resistance would be your garment and the passive resistance you get from wearing a bow, that'd be pretty nasty; not to mention allocating much stat points i doubt would land you with enough hit points for survivability, let alone the amount of vitality, luck, and agility required for max aspd and certain status immunities (eg curse, stun, etc.). Switching on full str build might be a different story though, but who knows, i guess testing would pretty much answer our questions.

now as for DS, its damage output would be at a solid 380%, say the average stalker has around 3800-4100 raw attack inclusive of some booster eqs for stats, the average amount of damage would flicker at around 14-16k per DS, 8k per bolt, but ofc, that'd be without any regard to whatever resistance the OP might have, factoring in the standard double cranial at 60% (or was it 70%) reduction, the damage would automatically drop down to about 6-7k+ per DS @ 3k+ per bolt. As for immaterial arrows, do correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it level 1 ghost property attack only (dk how arrows work but), a 125% damage, well even at an exaggerated 200% damage, won't be enough to outlast you on a match against a gr user with cranials + neutral resists, as they would be able to soak up damage more compared to the compromised vit the stalker has; they won't even be forced to wear devi for it. But of course, these are all just hypothetical scenarios based on the current meta.

This isn't exactly the right topic for a balancing discussion, but given how Acid Demonstration works, I don't think it's really up for debate that it would be drastically overpowered on any other class. The only reason it's even "balanced" right now on Creators is because they don't really have access to much else, so they can't punish GR users in the same way. This may change in the future since I'd like to balance out Creators to be more consistent and less of a one trick pony, but in its current state it would be indisputably unbalanced on a class that has far more opportunity to abuse it, especially when that class is in line for other buffs.

Access to Chase Walk alone is already enough to make it infinitely more overpowered than it is on Creators, especially in BG, and that's without factoring in any other part of the Stalker's kit or their planned buffs.