Schotto

improovement to endless

First of all i want to apologize for my bad english it isn't my main language although i want to share with you all my real idea, the language might be a barriar to that objectif. Also don't forget that i'm open to discution as soon as you don't close it,i'm aware that i don't understand fully the game and the changes i want might affect other aspect of the game,i'm ready with your help to try to find a way so everybody is happy.

That said let's get started.

• My 1st suggestion is about the convinaince shop

I do think that adding fly wings and hammer will be a real good help.

even if you do think that using @jump through the "ALT+M" window will be helpfull,the thing is that i personally use all those macros to warp to some special point and having a fly wing on my skill barre is more easy to use than a combination of ALT+ "something"

Hammer is mainly about conviance cause its shitty to have to warp to another weapon seller (yeah yeah i know i'm lazy just need to buy a lot one time and that's it) but still....

• My 2nd suggestion is  about team in instances.

Being obliged to make a team to go through instances like Satan ,Endless ... is not necessary i think,we should be able to go through any instance without someone in our team.

• My 3rd suggestion is about Making Endless more interesting.

Endless is an excelent place to drop some limited items and get some MVP's

still Endless is not so popular and i think that imporiving the mvps inside might get some players intersted in it

let's detail all the mvps that are inside Endless tower

-GTB                                                            Not intersting MVP no good loot and no good card

-Mistress                                                    Can be found in MVP room

-Phreeoni                                                   Can be found in MVP room

-Maya                                                         Not intersting MVP, no good loot ,a card that can be worthy in some cases

-Drake                                                        Not intersting MVP, no good loot ,a card that can be worthy in some cases

-Moonlight Flower                                   Can be found in MVP room

-White Lady                                              Can be found in MVP room

-Turtle General                                        Can be found in MVP room

-Samurai spectre                                    Can be found in MVP room

-Osiris                                                       interesting loot for quests and mvp card for pvp

-Amon Ra                                                 interesting loot for quests and mvp card for pvp

-Pharaoh                                                  interesting loot for quests and mvp card for pvp

-Evil Snake Lord                                      even wortheless than GTB in my point of view

-Doppelgenger                                       worthless

-Egigem Cenia                                        Can be found in MVP room

-Atroce                                                    worthless

-Orc Hero                                               worthless

-Orc Lord                                               worthless

-Dark Lord                                             Can be found in MVP room

-Baphomet                                            Can be found in MVP room

-FBH                                                       Wonderfull MVP

-Ifrit                                                        a strong MVP but no good loot

-Radgris                                                Wonderfull MVP

-Beelze                                                 Wonderfull MVP

9 out of 24 MVP can be found in MVP room

7 out of 24 MVP are worthless (my point of view)

that leaves 8 MVP that have good loots or good cards

I do think that replacing those MVPs with some other might bring people to do endless more often

MVP that can suit Endless

-Vesper                                              Nice PVM card

-Gloom Under night                        Nice PVM card

-Ktullanux                                          Nice PVM card

-Lady tanee                                       Nice PVM card

-Kiel D-01                                           One of the Best card

-Tao Gunka                                        One of the Best card

-Bio lab MVP                                      Great cards and loots

-Satan morroc                                   Great loot

-Thanatos                                           Great card

-Pori Pori                                            Might be fun to go through his 95million hp xD

Understand me well i do not ask that all the MVP that i listed should be replaced 

if you guys could replace some MVP by other more interesting that can make E.T more interesting to do

Also i do understand that can make people do E.T more time than it should be, that's why i do think that E.T should be done only once per Account (or per I.P better) per day.

• My 4th suggestion is about Entweihen Crothen Card 

Due to the fact that anomalyRo is a High rate server i do think that this card (pls don't make me repeat its name) is outdated and should be changed

i was think that instead of 100 Matk it can give something like "Deal always maximum damage on MVPs with magical attacks"

Just to remind you that snip sinX SG deals always max damages thx to their crit rate , i do think that giving this effect to magical class can benefit for them.

And entwei....  FU** this card is realy hard to get maybe unobtainable right now 

Sorry for this long post i don't have any potato to share

Edited by Schotto
more suggestions

Convenience Shop: Adding Fly Wings to the shop sounds fine - I didn't actually consider that people might use them in an SHR, but there's no harm in adding them back. :D Can you specify which hammer(s) you'd like to see in the shop (preferably with their item IDs)?

Instance Parties: I'd have to take a bit of a closer look at these before giving an answer, but I think this should probably be fine, especially for ET since that's already commonly soloed anyway.

Endless Tower: This one would be a no since it would impact the economy a little too heavily given another change that we're already working on. :o However, I think the other change addresses this quite well - we'll be adding a totally new instance (wave mode style like ET) that will include some better MVPs, including a chance at spawning Kiel/Tao/HW (they won't always spawn, just a chance). Unfortunately I can't give an ETA on this yet, but we are already working on a custom map for it!

Entweihen Crothen Card: We typically don't change normal cards unless it's required for balancing purposes, so this one is unlikely to be changed. :(

did you read my message or u just hovered it?

how can be doing an mvp once in a day break the economy of the server?

i didn't ask that all those mvp should be replaced by better one and surely didn't asked that they give their items 100%

so you just close the discution like that with just a 

48 minutes ago, Perry the Platypus said:

This one would be a no 

It seems like you skimmed over his answer instead.

He didn't simply say "no" he said no because of a new instance already in the works. Your chance for those higher value MvPs will appear there as he mentioned.

Would you rather the same old boring instance or fancy new ones?

an instance similar to Infinite Space would maybe work? or maybe even Geffen Magic Tournament? or even Wave Mode. Also correct me if im wrong, but i believe Maya cant be found in MVP room

@Novelli what was pointing is that he said No at once he didn't wanted to discuss it. it was an end to discution.

i just wanted a more interesting endless i do have only 2h per day to play i just want to go through it and go to sleep i don't have time for BG or anything else

@Jnapala you are right i'll edit it thx 

Edited by Schotto

One MVP per day doesn't affect the economy very much. One MVP, per person, per day, does affect the economy. What if 100 people do the instance? Do 100 MVPs affect the economy? What if two or three of the MVPs are replaced instead of just one? Do 200-300 MVPs affect the economy? What if we do that, and add the new instance that I mentioned in that post that you seemingly ignored? Every MVP we add to the server will impact the economy, even if in some cases it's a small impact - we need to manage that carefully, and I personally think that the new instance will be more than enough to address the issue here, so I don't think that adding more useful MVPs to ET on top of the other instance is in the best interest of the server in the long run.

I didn't just say "no" and end the discussion. I said no and then explained in detail exactly why it wasn't something we could do, and even went out of my way to include information about a future update that we're working on which directly addresses the concern of useful MVPs as well as having something more interesting to do each day.

Also, if I give an answer that includes reasoning directly related to what you posted and you don't like the answer, that doesn't mean I didn't read your post. It means I read your post and had a different opinion than you. I was polite in how I responded - if you want to be rude about it just because you disagree, then that's your choice, but it doesn't do much for getting your point across.

i never saw more than 50 people that are conected at the same time maybe 60 in pics.

let's be ambitious and say half of them do endless and finish it it means 30 people will do  E.T with a rate of 10% on cards let's be ambitous and say that 2 cards drops will that 2 cards affect that much economy? and all of that is fictif E.T is done by marly 2-5 people per day

I'm sorry to say so but i see a "no" you might disagree with me or tell me i'm blind but if you read my post u'll see that i'm interested in E.T nothing else and as i said in another post i don't have time for other stuff i don't do BG i merly do some MVP's cause they have local spawn

i wish i had time for all that,but life is this way,i'm play in anomalyRo cause i enjoy it and i would like to enjoy it more thats why i immagined this suggestion wich was flexible once again i didn't asked for 1000 FBH and 2000 Kiel if you could change 1 or 2 MVP that would be more fun and more interesting

pls sir can you tell me in wich way i was rude??

2 hours ago, Jnapala said:

an instance similar to Infinite Space would maybe work? or maybe even Geffen Magic Tournament? or even Wave Mode. Also correct me if im wrong, but i believe Maya cant be found in MVP room

We are working on something like that currently but instead of stronger mob "mini-boss" we will include the chance for better MVP's in an instance that I don't presume will take as long as Endless Tower does to solo (which can roughly be 1-2 hours depending on skill level), however don't quote me on that I could be entirely wrong. This will also be custom one-of-a-kind map and story line instead of reusing a renewal instance! That way our server gets to be that much more of a .... Anomaly!

ps. the cool part of this instance is it will be much more nicer to look at rather than the same floor over and over and over and over until you fall asleep at your computer and rip your hair out at climbing the same set of staircases 99 times or the same map for other instances.

2 hours ago, Schotto said:

i just wanted a more interesting endless i do have only 2h per day to play i just want to go through it and go to sleep i don't have time for BG or anything else

If you read Perry's post; a more interesting instance (like Endless Tower with wave mode monsters) is coming, you just have to have some patience as mapping does take a lot of time as well as coding an instance and making preparations of putting it on the server.

It seems to me you want to grind endless tower for good cards and or gear, from what I read in your post. So....

Endless tower is a good instance for a lot of things than just MVP cards (even in mid and low rate servers). I personally do an ET run or 2 in a day to collect items for headgears or other materials that are useful in game. Endless tower is definitely not an MVP source  in a Super High Rate server since some of the cards aren't entirely useful in a PVP or PVM aspect. That is why we have multiple other ways of spawning MVPs you wish to hunt and have spawn in your Endless Tower idea - such as farming for Dead Branches and turning them into the collector to make Bloody Branches. We also have a way of respawning Ktullanux and not having to make a new character to repeat the quest!

Edited by Esper

31 minutes ago, Schotto said:

i never saw more than 50 people that are conected at the same time maybe 60 in pics.

let's be ambitious and say half of them do endless and finish it it means 30 people will do  E.T with a rate of 10% on cards let's be ambitous and say that 2 cards drops will that 2 cards affect that much economy? and all of that is fictif E.T is done by marly 2-5 people per day

*Sorry for the double post I just saw this post*

Please keep in mind that our server is growing and we have to think of the future when we will possibly reach 100-200-300-400-500+ people! No one can predict the future, you do have to keep that in mind. You also have to keep in mind that our server is a super high rate so making a character that can complete endless tower takes about 30 to 60 minutes! So if I a player who has a lot of time on their hands decided "I'm going to make an endless tower sub account" they can and now run endless tower 5-10 times in 1 day then the number of cards on the server increases exponentially.

So, all in all - I don't agree with this post as things in future content is coming that will address your suggestion!

Edited by Esper

4 hours ago, Schotto said:

Endless is an excelent place to drop some limited items and get some MVP's

i'm aware that endless is a place where i can drop some usefull stones and item that might help on quests

and as i said i'm not interested in pvp or any other aspect of the game other than Endless my point of doing it is not to get cards for pvp or get more power it's just about having fun and getting some mvps that can't be found in other place easily like MVP room or are useless

4 hours ago, Schotto said:

Understand me well i do not ask that all the MVP that i listed should be replaced 

if you guys could replace some MVP by other more interesting that can make E.T more interesting to do

Also i do understand that can make people do E.T more time than it should be, that's why i do think that E.T should be done only once per Account (or per I.P better) per day.

Please read me

13 minutes ago, Schotto said:

i'm aware that endless is a place where i can drop some usefull stones and item that might help on quests

and as i said i'm not interested in pvp or any other aspect of the game other than Endless my point of doing it is not to get cards for pvp or get more power it's just about having fun and getting some mvps that can't be found in other place easily like MVP room or are useless

If you find grinding 99 floors of the same instance over and over with wave mode monsters fun then perfect! You can do this in the MVP rooms or the fields and dungeons to farm and what not, this is just my opinion. But you're still taken care of and getting what you want in future content as Endless Tower is an old instance and we would like to update our server with something new! You still get to grind floors and kill waves of monsters, just now this will be a different map with a different boss at the end and different MVPs.

14 minutes ago, Schotto said:
  5 hours ago, Schotto said:

Please read me

I did read you. However I did miss the (or per I.P per day), so I apologize for that. I was reiterating what you said previously in your post but I should have expanded on it to cover all possibilities especially the other suggestion. However, what I wrote earlier still stands we will just change it to players can make multiple accounts then with 1 character per account, as doing 1 IP per day doesn't work since we have players that are in multiple houses and that will restrict them and no longer make it fair. 

You also can't say make a more interesting Endless Tower that will attract people and then say the economy won't be effected cause only 2-3 people (glorify it to 10 as you did ambitiously). That contradicts itself! If you make something better so more people will use it, more people will use it. 

54 minutes ago, Schotto said:

pls sir can you tell me in wich way i was rude??

This could perhaps be your newness to English, but the part of your first reply where you said "did you read my message or u just hovered it?" is making an implication/accusation about me that is false. Suggesting that someone else failed to do something that they very clearly did do, is considered to be rude.

48 minutes ago, Schotto said:

We very regularly have over 50 players online at various hours of the day, and often reach 60-70 players online as well. But you can't assume we'll always have 60-70 players online; we intend for the server to grow. My previous server peaked at 550 players and, while the RO community is smaller than it used to be, I'll continue to strive to beat that number with this server.

Either way, the answer to your question is yes - 2 cards do affect the economy. 2 cards per player affects it even more. Every card affects the economy. Small effects are still an effect, and they add up if we're not careful, which is the point I was making in my post. It may seem small to you, but when you consider it along with the other parts of the server as well as future update plans, it does add up to make a difference.

52 minutes ago, Schotto said:

I'm sorry to say so but i see a "no" you might disagree with me or tell me i'm blind but if you read my post u'll see that i'm interested in E.T nothing else and as i said in another post i don't have time for other stuff i don't do BG i merly do some MVP's cause they have local spawn

I never said I didn't say no. I just said that's not the only thing I said, while your post (and the partial quote in it) implied that was the case. I provided a very reasonable explanation as to why we couldn't do it, as well as offering information about an alternative solution.

Also, I do understand that you don't have time to play more, but the new instance will be something that even newbies can do after a small quest to gain access to it. If you wanted more interesting MVPs but didn't have time to do both, you could choose to do the new instance instead of ET, or alternate between them each day.

8 minutes ago, Esper said:

If you find grinding 99 floors of the same instance over and over with wave mode monsters fun then perfect! You can do this in the MVP rooms or the fields and dungeons to farm and what not, this is just my opinion. But you're still taken care of and getting what you want in future content as Endless Tower is an old instance and we would like to update our server with something new! You still get to grind floors and kill waves of monsters, just now this will be a different map with a different boss at the end and different MVPs.

Really? you do know that if some one do endless is mainly because no one can ks and i can enjoy my farming alone with no stress (of who's the one that will get it first)

and why u do u present grinding E.T  like its a weird thing to do??

11 minutes ago, Esper said:

However, what I wrote earlier still stands we will just change it to players can make multiple accounts then with 1 character per account, as doing 1 IP per day doesn't work since we have players that are in multiple houses and that will restrict them and no longer make it fair. 

Fine there is other solution you can make it harder to get items from those mobs that u'll replace

Like wounded morroc from moc_fild22 drops items and wounded morroc from quest does not

14 minutes ago, Esper said:

You also can't say make a more interesting Endless Tower that will attract people and then say the economy won't be effected cause only 2-3 people (glorify it to 10 as you did ambitiously). That contradicts itself! If you make something better so more people will use it, more people will use it. 

Try it and see what changes to the economy that might bring for one week (something like a test)

it seems like you are affraid of changes

10 minutes ago, Perry the Platypus said:

This could perhaps be your newness to English, but the part of your first reply where you said "did you read my message or u just hovered it?" is making an implication/accusation about me that is false. Suggesting that someone else failed to do something that they very clearly did do, is considered to be rude.

I apologize if i offended that's was not(and is not) my intention i was just clarifying what i felt after reading ur post

after trying to get all the point and minimazing every thing and trying to undestand what can be affected by this suggestion trying to find the mid way (a translation from my language dunno if u say it english too hope u get me)  you just said no and went on something that i'm not interstand to you closed that discution and started another one you didn't even tryied to find the mid way that's how i see it

15 minutes ago, Perry the Platypus said:

We very regularly have over 50 players online at various hours of the day, and often reach 60-70 players online as well. But you can't assume we'll always have 60-70 players online; we intend for the server to grow. My previous server peaked at 550 players and, while the RO community is smaller than it used to be, I'll continue to strive to beat that number with this server.

Either way, the answer to your question is yes - 2 cards do affect the economy. 2 cards per player affects it even more. Every card affects the economy. Small effects are still an effect, and they add up if we're not careful, which is the point I was making in my post. It may seem small to you, but when you consider it along with the other parts of the server as well as future update plans, it does add up to make a difference.

i hope you reach you re objectif truly

2 cards was not per player but per day 

i never said we shouldn't be carefull i added some restriction and was ready (stil ready ) to hear of some more restriction maybe low rate drop

4 minutes ago, Schotto said:

Really? you do know that if some one do endless is mainly because no one can ks and i can enjoy my farming alone with no stress (of who's the one that will get it first)

If you're worried about KS'ing which is a component of RO and does suck sometimes if it happens to you, then farm for Dead Branches and make Bloody Branches as I said previously o: Then you have a setting where you can't be KS'd as we do have Bloody Branch rooms that lock with passwords - you can also spawn other MVP's this way that aren't in Endless Tower on the same map.

I'm really not trying to knock your idea but since Perry said it's not something he thinks he will add I'm trying to give you other ways to obtain what you wish if your suggestion doesn't get accepted. 

I'm not, as I like to grind ET myself but I grind ET for the good gear and items it already has to offer without adding more too it - However I'm excited to grind a new thing once it comes out so I can have new material to look at as I do the same thing and look at new monsters!

Fine there is other solution you can make it harder to get items from those mobs that u'll replace

Like wounded morroc from moc_fild22 drops items and wounded morroc from quest does not

I might be misreading what you're saying here, but you want us to add an MVP that drops nothing just so players can kill it? This may not be for your case as you like to just kill for fun, but my opinion is the majority of players wouldn't like killing a monster without a reward from it.

Try it and see what changes to the economy that might bring for one week (something like a test)

This isn't my server to make the call on testing something as I am just a GM. I do trust in Perry the Platypus' judgement as he has been an admin for several years before opening this server and I heard his server was successful in previous years. 

9 minutes ago, Esper said:

If you're worried about KS'ing which is a component of RO and does suck sometimes if it happens to you, then farm for Dead Branches and make Bloody Branches as I said previously o: Then you have a setting where you can't be KS'd as we do have Bloody Branch rooms that lock with passwords - you can also spawn other MVP's this way that aren't in Endless Tower on the same map.

I'm really not trying to knock your idea but since Perry said it's not something he thinks he will add I'm trying to give you other ways to obtain what you wish if your suggestion doesn't get accepted. 

i'm telling you i got 2 hours per day maybe less and u tell me to farm a thing that drops for like 10% and get 25 to get 1 bloody branch

where in Endless there is 26 MVP

12 minutes ago, Esper said:

I'm not, as I like to grind ET myself but I grind ET for the good gear and items it already has to offer without adding more too it - However I'm excited to grind a new thing once it comes out so I can have new material to look at as I do the same thing and look at new monsters!

you are excited to do new stuff thats good for you but don't put people that do something they like over and over like u say in the weirdo box

14 minutes ago, Esper said:

I might be misreading what you're saying here, but you want us to add an MVP that drops nothing just so players can kill it? This may not be for your case as you like to just kill for fun, but my opinion is the majority of players wouldn't like killing a monster without a reward from it.

I said make it harder a low rate drop an MVP that spanws by day and his alter ego by night there is a lot of solutions if we put ourselfs together and be open to suggestions

16 minutes ago, Esper said:

This isn't my server to make the call on testing something as I am just a GM. I do trust in Perry the Platypus' judgement as he has been an admin for several years before opening this server and I heard his server was successful in previous years. 

This is not your server but u'll always have your right to suggest

You can get personal MVPs by farming Bloody Branches as well, though if I understand correctly you want to be doing something more interesting than just farming DBs, which is why you choose ET. The new instance will essentially be an upgraded ET, which is why I keep mentioning it - I think it's pretty much exactly what you're asking for in this topic, based on what you've listed so far.

16 minutes ago, Schotto said:

Being aware of the impact and being afraid of changes are two different things, and unfortunately trying it for a week isn't going to do much when economy is something that's long term, not short term. The point is that it has an impact on the server in the long run, especially as other updates come in that are also related to MVPs.

5 minutes ago, Schotto said:

you just said no and went on something that i'm not interstand to you closed that discution and started another one you didn't even tryied to find the mid way that's how i see it

Like I said, I went out of my way to point out that we're working on an alternative that basically includes everything you're asking for. A different/better instance that's similar to ET in that it's a wave mode dungeon, offers useful MVPs/loot, is easily available to all players (even newbies), is a personal instance where no one can KS, and can be done daily and in a short period of time for those that may not be able to play for very long each day.

7 minutes ago, Schotto said:

i hope you reach you re objectif truly

2 cards was not per player but per day 

i never said we shouldn't be carefull i added some restriction and was ready (stil ready ) to hear of some more restriction maybe low rate drop

Lowering the drop rates would be a bit awkward, and may also lead to confusion as there would need to be two versions of the MVPs (one with the lower drop rates). There's other ways we could limit it I suppose, but I honestly think that ET is fine as it is now, and with the other instance coming I think your primary concerns will already be addressed.

Also, just to clarify a bit, if Tao/Kiel/other useful MVPs were added to ET, more people would do it daily. Let's say we replaced 3 of the MVPs. If 20 people did the instance, that would be an average of 6 cards per day. If 50 people did the instance, that would be 15 cards per day. The number goes up as more people do it, so the effect it has on the server scales up as the server grows.

In every aspect that you are concerned i gave you a solution that works

make it once per day per IP

make it low rate drop

you made this when i asked about feel reset on SG

and you came to me and said that feel Hatred reset can be game breaker

where did i spoke about Hatred i was just speaking about feel reset wich was available on a npc it won't affect any aspect of the pvp in any way but u said no without thinking or asking for more details

If u get a brand new car that costed you thousand of millions and the day after a brand new car with better option come out for 1 zenny how would you feel?

you don't immagine how much time i spend to make a good build for HW to get rid of valkyrie randgriss.pls try to get 100k with magic crasher on Randgris.

and you come to me with new instance that any one can do where is the fun?

I think this not going anywhere Thx for your time

Edited by Schotto

I mentioned that I know there's other ways to limit it, but I still personally think that ET is fine as it is, it already serves its purpose and giving it additional rewards would affect the economy in the long run, especially when you yourself admit that it's something that anyone can do every single day if they want to, even with limited time. You seem to be ignoring large chunks of our replies, as I've explained this a few times already, and I've also explained that something else is already on the way to address your concerns anyway.

The SG topic is a totally separate topic, but I explicitly mentioned feel reset in my reply to that one, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. I also offered some insight into future updates there as well, so once again you seem to be ignoring large chunks of the reply there.

Endless Tower is also something that anyone can do. You said you don't have much time, so I was just pointing out that the new instance will be similar to ET in that you can do it every day and you don't need to spend a lot of time unlocking/completing it, just like ET. There'll be a custom MVP at the end of the new instance as well, with a new custom garment drop, so it won't just be "old" MVPs.

I think allowing on-demand feel/hate resets may be a bit much.

in wich way a feel reset can be a bit much?

for me in my opinion, it is better to add some instance(s) even it is custom,

better than reworking or editing.

Ex. so simply i dont have Kiel card but at least durathor card is useful enough to replace kiel for starting.

Removing/Reworking or Adding?

editing E.T MVPs will sure have big impact the game. But some point, most of MVP can be found in MVP room

and that's make the E.T other MVP useless.

In playing, ive never seen a kiel card, even i use timer someone will go then with Champion Char and wait to KS my poor Kiel MVP

as far as i know, first come per serve type and the most damager will be the MVP killer right? or the last hitter gets the loots?

@Perry the Platypus

And also, @Schotto nice ideas, i have think about this before because i always do solo ET, and i always login my other account  just  to have party, to do instances hehe..