SnowBunny

A Comprehensive Guide to MVPs - A newbie friendly build guide.

Rags to Riches - An MVP Guide for Newbies

Before we start this guide, we have to get one thing straight;

7. Kill stealing is allowed

While this isn't exactly a rule, it's simply here to clarify this for those who may be used to this rule on other servers. Kill stealing is allowed here, so please be careful about sharing the location of MVPs.

Welcome to MVPing. Over here we will run through the most basic of basic MVP classes. This guide will mostly consist of recommended gears that range from mall-bought to high end stuff from the BG Shop. We begin with the most basic Champion build as it is the cheapest and yet most efficient. 

Basic Newbie Champion

With it's single target nuke, Asura Strike, players can easily bring down MVPs with very little issues. Unless they are Ghost that is. The items you see below can either be bought at the mall or hunted down from normal mobs. These are the most basic of basic gears listed. 

Weapon & Cards

1505.png+10/+0 Mace [4] : The +10 is a nice bonus but it only adds a minuscule mount of additional damage when it comes to Asura.

4001.pngAbysmal Knight Card : A hefty 25% damage boost per card. Just throw 4 of them in there.

Headgear & Cards

32876.pngCustom Headgears : Every new character gets a Newbie Halo and Newbie Wings. Couple those with a quested headgear or something from the Zeny shop and you're good to go. 

4001.pngVanberk Card : The basics of basics.

Armor & Cards

2322.pngSilk Robe : Available in the mall. Gives a good amount of MDEF for annoying barrages of magic from MVPs. It really helps sometimes.
4001.pngEgnigem Cenia Card : Adds 1 STR per 18 INT. Make sure your INT base value is in multiples of 18. 

Shield & Cards

2114.pngStone Buckler : A good starter shield that can be obtained from killing Gold Acidus in abyss_03. Gives you a 5% damage redux from Large sized monsters. Most MVPs are large. Go fish. 

4001.pngAlice Card : The widely used Alice card. 40% MVP resist per card. Sometimes you would wonder if you even need it because of how fast MVPs die. 

Garment & Cards

2518.pngMorpheus Shawl : A very handy garment that gives you 10% more SP. Very widely used among MVP champs. Steal it from Aliza in kh_dun01.

4001.pngAliot Card : A useful card as well to go with a handy garment. Adds 5% more SP per card. 

Shoes & Cards

2418.pngVidar's Boots : These boots give almost half the effect of Variant Shoes. 9% additional HP and SP. Somehow you can get them from Deathwords even though they don't have apparent legs. 

4001.pngSohee Card : Adds 15% more SP per card. Self explanatory. 

Accessories & Cards

2601.pngRing : Okay. A lot of monsters drop Ring [2] but only Frodo Baggins drops the One Ring to Ru- Sorry wrong game. Isilla drops the Ring [2] that has +2 base STR. The rest of the rings are +1. 

4001.pngMantis Card : Gives a +3 to STR. Also self explanatory. 

g61yN55.jpg

After camping and farming most MVPs, you should have enough gear to upgrade your MVP camper. Here you can choose between going for the physical based Champion or magic based Wizards, Professors or Soul Linkers. Do take note however, by going the magic route, you are committing a lot of funds to your MVP char as after-cast delay cards are expensive. To make things easy, we start off by upgrading the basic Champion into something more finess. 

Champion

You should have gathered enough funds or armors and stuff by now. This is pretty much just an upgraded version of the basic MVP Champ. It's just as simple but way more effective. Recommended if you like fisting. 

Weapon & Cards

1505.png+10 Mace [4] : You are expected to have a +10 Mace by now. 

4001.pngAbysmal Knight Card : Still your MVP bread and butter. Keep using it. 

Headgear & Cards

32876.pngCustom Headgears : The bread and butter of every other build on the server. Self Explanatory 

5126.pngMorpheus's Hood : An alternate headgear if you want a higher amount of SP pool at your disposal. I personally stick to Custom Headgears for style points.

4001.pngVanberk Card : Use this if you're just going to be fisting them MVPs.

4001.pngSeyren Winsdor Card : This is an upgrade to using Vanberks. Do note that it only gives more than Vanberk when your Headgear is upgraded to +9 or higher. 

4001.pngDurathror Card : If you feel ambitious and want to throw spheres at Ghost elemental MVPs, Go ahead. It also helps when you're buffing with Angelus for whatever reason you're using it. 

4001.pngKiel Card : Same as Durathror Card but it's much of a waste using it on an MVP char. 

Armor & Cards

2374.pngDiabolus Robe : Arguably one of the best armors you can get due to it's 10% cooldown reduction. Can also be enchanted for a +3 STR bonus. 

2327.pngHoly Robe : A good resist armor. Most MVPs are either Demonic or Shadow. Like the DRobe, can also be enchanted. 

2354.pngGoibne's Armor : This armor gives a 10% HP boost. While it shines more during PvP, sometimes you would like to be tankier when facing bigger MVPs. 

2357.pngValkyrie Armor : If you don't have money for an Unlimited FCP Scroll, get this. Also adds +1 to all stats. 

4001.pngGloom Under Night Card : This is one of the best cards out there as an MVP champ. Gives 40% more damage towards Holy, Shadow, Angel and Demon monsters. Knowing that most MVPs are either of the following elements or races, it is recommended to use at least one Gloom card in your armors. 

4001.pngKtullanux Card : Isn't as good compared to Gloom but it's useful against Fire elemental MVPs such as the ever so popular Ifrit. 

4001.pngRSX-0806 Card : Something to use when you're sick of getting knocked back. 

4001.pngDainn Card : Sometimes you just want that extra HP. No one's judging you. You do you. 

Shield & Cards

2114.pngStone Buckler : Still viable. Size reduction has always been pretty good.  

2115.pngValkyrie Shield : Gives you a good 20% elemental to 4 elements as well as MDEF. Good if you're going against pesky Meteor Storm or Storm Gust spamming MVPs. 

4001.pngAlice Card : Also bread and butter. Use it. 

Garment & Cards

2518.pngMorpheus Shawl : Same as the basic Champ build. More SP = More Damage

4001.pngAliot Card : Need I say more?

Shoes & Cards

2423.pngVariant Shoes : The major upgrade from Vidar's. Gives a hefty 20% HP and SP boost. Be warned. Do not upgrade this as every upgrade decreases the HP and SP boost by 1%. 

4001.pngLady Tanee Card : If Alice and Abysmal Knight cards are the bread and butter, this is like... Like... Coconut jam?  A hefty serving of 50% more SP but at the cost of HP. Since you aim to 1shot MVPs anyway, this is a card worth using. 

4001.pngSohee Card : Self explanatory 

4001.pngGeneral Egnigem Cenia Card : In cases where you want more HP and SP, this is the go-to card. It gives a 10% boost to both. 

4001.pngMoonlight Flower Card : Gottagofasterfasterfasterfasterfaster. 

Accessories & Cards

2649.pngMorpheus Bracelet & 2648.png Ring : These give +1 INT and 5% SP each. Best used in a set for that +5 INT and 20% SP bonus boost. 

2659.pngVesper Core 01 : If you're going for looks and not using the Morpheus Set, these will be the alternative accessories. They give 3 MDEF, +2 INt and 5% more SP each. Similar yet more defensive compared to the Morpheus Set. 

4001.pngMantis Card : Adds more STR. Self explanatory. 

Wizard/Professor

If you decide to go for High Wizard or Professor, you will notice both of them use the same gears. The notable difference would be how you play it to MVP. Wizards can clear off mobs easily making it easier to target the MVP. Professors however focus more on Double Casting and bolting for a quick clean kill.

Weapon & Cards

1636.pngThorn Staff of Darkness : Where else can you get after-cast delay reduction and MDEF pierce? Overall one of the best weapons for the mage class provided it's refined to at least +7 or higher. 

1626.pngStaff of Piercing : Better used for PvP as it has higher MDEF pierce. It is still one of the better weapons overall.

1620.pngSurvivor's Rod INT : This one is complicated. It has no MDEF pierce but still used widely to combo with Survivor's Manteau. 

1602.pngRod [4] : Budget weapon. Good for starters anyway. 

4001.pngCentipede Larva Card : Adds some MATK and INT. If you're not using Necromancer use this. 

4001.pngNecromancer Card : Also a +1 to INT. Also has a 2% MDEF ignore 

Headgear & Cards

32876.pngCustom Headgears : The bread and butter of every other build on the server. Self Explanatory 

4001.pngKiel-D-01 Card : Good luck hunting this. Can also be purchased from players. It's almost mandatory to have 3 of these at all times for a total of 90% after-cast delay. 

4001.pngVesper Card : This card allows you to deal more damage to MVPs. It ignores 30% Boss-type MDEF. Also mandatory to have 3 of these on at all times. 

Armor & Cards

2374.pngDiabolus Robe : If you're not using a Thorn Staff of Darkness, this is your go-to armor. Also you can try to enchant it for a +3 boost to your INT. Very good armor overall regardless. 

2319.pngGlittering Jacket : The budget armor. Most people throw this away. It has good MDEF and can also be enchanted for a +3 boost to INT. 

2357.pngValkyrie Armor : If you cannot afford the Unlimited FCP scroll yet, it's better to consider this. Some MVPs can break or strip your armor. You also get a +1 to all stats wearing this. 

4001.pngMistress of Shelter Card : Adds 1 INT per 18 STR. Make sure your STR base value is in multiples of 18. 

4001.pngDainn Card : Unlike Champs who can 1-Hit MVPs, magic classes don't. You might need the extra HP boost occasionally.

Shield & Cards

2114.pngStone Buckler : Still viable. Size reduction has always been pretty good.  

2115.pngValkyrie Shield : Gives you a good 20% elemental to 4 elements as well as MDEF. Good if you're going against pesky Meteor Storm or Storm Gust spamming MVPs. 

4001.pngTatacho Card : If you're using the Survivor's Combo, it is possible to achieve 100% Neutral resist on your mages. However you have to note that you lose out on a bit of MDEF pierce for it. 

Garment & Cards

2517.pngVali's Manteau : Reduces incoming Neutral damage by 15%. Useful manteau overall. 

2535.pngSurvivor's Manteau : This is mostly used in conjunction with Survivor's Rod. When this manteau is upgraded, it gives a 3% Neutral resist per refine. Most people only use this when they want to achieve 100% Neutral resist on their character.

4001.pngRaydric Card : 20% Neutral resist. Need I say more? 

Shoes & Cards

2423.pngVariant Shoes : Variants have always been the go-to pair of shoes. It's hard to resist a 20% boost to HP and SP no matter what class you play. 

4001.pngFallen Bishop Hibram Card : 10% more MATK and a bonus 20% towards Demihuman and Angel races. Do however take note you will lose 50% of your SP per card as well. 

4001.pngMoonlight Flower Card : If you wanna walk fast for whatever reason. 

Accessories & Cards

45002.pngMinor INT Belt : Raw INT has always been good on high rates. It gives a good visible boost to your SP and MATK. However it will take time to get as it is only available from the BG Shop. 

2644.pngThe Sign : If you have the time and patience and wont pull your hair off after doing one part of the quest, get this. It boosts your ATK and MATK rate by 5%. 

2701.pngOrleans's Glove : A budget accessory. Gives you a 3% boost to your MATK rate. 

2744.pngSprint/2703.pngExpert/45011.pngSorcerer's Ring : If somehow, you don't have a DRobe, these give you a 5% after-cast delay each. 

4001.pngSiroma/Imp Card : Each of these cards give 10% more damage when using Fire or Cold Bolt which you would be using a lot. 

Soul Linker

You must be wondering why Linkers have their own section. For starters, there are lots and lots of armor that are unavailable for them as they are not considered transcendent classes. You may also wonder why there are more Wiz/Profs around instead of Linkers, this is because you actually have to press more than 1 button to deal damage to MVPs with Es- skills. However, comparatively, Linkers boast the highest DPS output if compared to Wizards and Profs.  

Weapon & Cards

1620.pngSurvivor's Rod INT : Weapons for Linkers are really limited. This is one of the better weapons to use for the Survival Set combo. 

1602.pngRod [4] : Budget weapon. Good for starters anyway. Not like you can use much else. 

4001.pngCentipede Larva Card : Adds some MATK and INT. If you're not using Necromancer use this. 

4001.pngNecromancer Card : Also a +1 to INT. Also has a 2% MDEF ignore 

Headgear & Cards

4001.pngKiel-D-01 Card : Similar to what I explained in Wizard/Prof. Get that after-cast delay in there.

4001.pngVesper Card : Same thing as well. MDEF ignore towards boss. 

Armor & Cards

2319.pngGlittering Jacket : This armor has more DEF and a good amount of MDEF. Can also be enchanted for a +3 to INT.

2322.pngSilk Robe : Similar to the jacket, this however gives more MDEF than DEF. Also enchantable with a +3 to INT.

4001.pngMistress of Shelter Card : Adds 1 INT per 18 STR. Make sure your STR base value is in multiples of 18. 

4001.pngDainn Card : If you're careful with your skills, you may not even need this. 

Shield & Cards

2114.pngStone Buckler : Self explanatory. Mentioned countless times. 

2115.pngValkyrie Shield : Similar to champs and mages, thank god you have something else to equip for once.

4001.pngTatacho Card : More viable on Linker as they would probably use the Survival Set combo more than mages. 

Garment & Cards

2517.pngVali's Manteau : Reduces incoming Neutral damage by 15%. Useful manteau overall. 

2535.pngSurvivor's Manteau : This is mostly used in conjunction with Survivor's Rod. When this manteau is upgraded, it gives a 3% Neutral resist per refine. Most people only use this when they want to achieve 100% Neutral resist on their character.

4001.pngRaydric Card : 20% Neutral resist. Need I say more? 

Shoes & Cards

2418.pngVidar's Boots : Gives a 9% boost to HP and SP. You can't wear Variants, it's fine. Half of it will do. 

2422.pngHigh Fashion Sandals : If you much prefer more MDEF, you can wear this.

4001.pngFallen Bishop Hibram Card : 10% more MATK and a bonus 20% towards Demihuman and Angel races. Do however take note you will lose 50% of your SP per card as well. 

4001.pngMoonlight Flower Card : If you wanna walk fast for whatever reason. 

Accessories & Cards

45002.pngMinor INT Belt : Raw INT has always been good on high rates. It gives a good visible boost to your SP and MATK. However it will take time to get as it is only available from the BG Shop. 

2644.pngThe Sign : It's not like you have many options for a reasonable MATK boost anyway. Don't be lazy. Quest it. 

45011.pngSorcerer's Ring : Sorcerer's Ring is actually very useful as you don't have the option to use Thorn Staff of Darkness or DRobe. If you opt to get that 100% after-cast delay, This is the accessory for you. 

4001.pngOsiris Card : A very popular card for Linkers. When you die and Kaizel brings you back, you return with full HP. 

4001.pngBeelzebub Card : It's not like you have any other card to use on accessory anyway that's relatively relevant to MVPing. 

Conclusion

That is pretty much all. Some useful advice would be, some MVP's summon mobs drop stuff so it's better to kill off the mobs first at times, who knows you can get some pretty good loot at the end of it. Do always remember to buff yourself before anything extra stats and buffs can sometimes determine one-shotting an MVP or surviving strips or nukes. Also, don't get dejected if you don't manage to kill the MVP that you're camping. Come up with strategies instead and think about what went wrong. Get a timer or perhaps set earlier alarms. And always remember. 12214.pngConvex Mirrors are available for exchange in the Poring Coin Shop for only 5 7539.pngPoring Coins each. If anyone has anything to add or maybe share a bit of your experience with the newbies reading this, please do so. Thank you for reading Module Two : A Comprehensive Guide to MVPs

Edited by SnowBunny

Pretty clean and useful guide and the image of the items attached to the matching descriptions are cool. I like it a lot! Do that to my guide so more ppl read it C:< c :

Hunting MVPs sure is a tough competition, though! I've stopped trying, too many people on them all the time ><

Edited by Kratos Fon Fabre

i can't find Sorcerer's ring in any database can u pls tell me what's its effect and where to find it or craft it

thx for this fast reply also can u tell me if possible what's the best class for ET

-Sniper

or

-Soul Linker

and do a soul linker have any aoe Skill like SG LoV MS for High wizard to kill fast small monster like porings in the first room of ET

P.S:sorry for my bad english

41 minutes ago, Schotto said:

thx for this fast reply also can u tell me if possible what's the best class for ET

-Sniper

or

-Soul Linker

and do a soul linker have any aoe Skill like SG LoV MS for High wizard to kill fast small monster like porings in the first room of ET

Try asking someone who solo's ET a lot.

Edited by SnowBunny

hello.

i am a complete newbie here

can u kindly provide me with the stats build for champion?

i dont have any experience using champion.

thanks

30 minutes ago, MrHafiz said:

hello.

i am a complete newbie here

can u kindly provide me with the stats build for champion?

i dont have any experience using champion.

thanks

Max STR, 350+ INT, enough DEX and AGI to reach 185+ ASPD and instacast. The rest up to you. 

Edited by SnowBunny

8 hours ago, Schotto said:

can you pls explain why beelze card on SL build ?

as far as i can remember, Kaizel has fixed cast time which not reduced with high dex, therefore beelzebub card comes in handy, it reduced your cast time by 30% which can make your Kaizel cast time become less, CMIIW though

8 minutes ago, Orpheus said:

as far as i can remember, Kaizel has fixed cast time which not reduced with high dex, therefore beelzebub card comes in handy, it reduced your cast time by 30% which can make your Kaizel cast time become less, CMIIW though

You're right. Also it's just a more novelty filler card cause there's not many other cards that would prove to be useful when MVPing. 

On 4/23/2018 at 5:54 PM, Schotto said:

-Sniper

or

-Soul Linker

As i solo ET earlier with Soul Linker (approx. 35 to 40 minutes)

Things i needed :)

For starting like porings (not aggro but small type just use Es skill for small and medium)

Vidar boots with Dark lord card for AOE damage since SL has no AOE skill but can tank

~just switching it depends on mobs

Hard scenarios

-Ice titan and other water mobs (Large) (Spamming meteor storm is useless)

so you need to use Esma for these mobs.

Edited by GemGem

Rly u can solo endless in 35 to 40 min that's awsome i do it in 2h30 with (basic)snip and 2h with (high build)HW

To be fair, you shouldn't include beelz card in the linker section unless its strictly necessary, which it is not.

I would recommend the celerity armor for them aswell, which increases mhp by 10% and int by 10. Def and mdef doesnt really become an issue in MvPs so long as you use dual alice cards.

Edited by Sakuretsu

Kaizel is meant to be used off-combat, if it resurrects you, you cant get kaizel buff for 2 mins anyways. 

Theres still not really much cards for accessories, so maybe horong and alligators

Also wiw didnt know sign was atk and matk 5%

Edited by Sakuretsu

@GemGem can you pls post your E.T Build with switches

and how do you hand non aggro rooms and aggro rooms

On 06/05/2018 at 6:41 PM, GemGem said:

As i solo ET earlier with Soul Linker (approx. 35 to 40 minutes)

Things i needed :)

For starting like porings (not aggro but small type just use Es skill for small and medium)

Vidar boots with Dark lord card for AOE damage since SL has no AOE skill but can tank

~just switching it depends on mobs

Hard scenarios

-Ice titan and other water mobs (Large) (Spamming meteor storm is useless)

so you need to use Esma for these mobs.

Just how in the world do you manage to do ET in 40 minutes? thats roughly 24 seconds per room on a class that has absolutely no area attacks besides from getting hit, and thats not counting the delay after a floor is cleared, which is roughly 5 seconds. Some monsters are super slow and unaffected by meteors.

As far as I know, there is no command to specifically target MVP cards, however, you can use "autoloottype 6" or "autoloottype card" to automatically loot all cards that you get. Similarly, you could look up ALL the MVPs that spawn in ET and manually loot their cards by their ID, for example, "alootid 4430" (for Ifrit), "alootid 4407" (for Randgris), so on and so forth.