Sign in to follow this  
Antimatter

Champion

Hello Guys!

I have just downloaded and started playing last night and have noticed that champion is a bit useless because of "Body Relocation's"  would not let me use any skills after using the said skill. This skill is very important because it lets champion do combos with ease and it is the skill that makes the class unique and fun to play. If this would stay like this then there would be no point to use the skill in PvP since it makes champion unable to do anything for at least 1 second

Any feedback is much appreciated

-Ryan

Hi! Body Relocation does have a 750ms cooldown, but it only affects itself, so you can still use other skills afterwards (with the exception of Asura Strike). You will need Kiel Cards (or Durathror Cards as an early alternative) to use a Champion effectively though, as a number of their skills do have after-cast delays which are reduced by Kiels/Durathrors, so perhaps that's what you're missing in this case. :o

I am using 4 kiels to make sure that I can spam all my skills and yes I am aware that I can't use asura strike after reloc but I can't use any other offensive skills either, not even pneuma.

I am not missing anything, the skill itself is just currently not fit for PvP and should be fixed imo.

That's odd, I'm not seeing the same thing on my own Champ - I can start spamming FO instantly after using Body Relocation. The only other thing I can think of is it does seem to be affected by animation delay, which may be a bug (I need to test with some settings disabled to double check), but in the meantime it is possible to cancel the delay by using DSC.

This can actually be replicated; the 750ms delay seems to create a unique animation delay after using BR which interferes with the flow of Champion bread and butter skills after a BR.  AFAIK, this should not be the case aside from Asura Strike.

@Perry the Platypus: Did you try using it in PvP?  I've heard some Champ mains suggest outside of PvP it is fine, but on PvP-specific maps, there is notable delay (the delay that is noted in the OP, NOT the actual 750ms).

Edited by Hylian Spectre

23 minutes ago, Hylian Spectre said:

This can actually be replicated; the 750ms delay seems to create a unique animation delay after using BR which interferes with the flow of Champion bread and butter skills after a BR.  AFAIK, this should not be the case aside from Asura Strike.

@Perry the Platypus: Did you try using it in PvP?  I've heard some Champ mains suggest outside of PvP it is fine, but on PvP-specific maps, there is notable delay (the delay that is noted in the OP, NOT the actual 750ms).

Might apply for stalker as well because, after you backslide, skills take a while before you can poke. 

1 hour ago, SnowBunny said:

Might apply for stalker as well because, after you backslide, skills take a while before you can poke. 

I suspect this is 100% the case then given both skills have the same treatment on PvP maps.

The PvP delay is a cooldown which is handled completely separately; I'm seeing the exact same animation delay in PvP as I'm seeing in non-PvP maps, so any increased delay being seen in PvP would just be placebo in this case (other than the actual cooldown being different, of course).

After testing with everything disabled it does appear to be a bug; looks like the original developer of the delay system forgot to include Body Relocation and Back Sliding in the list of skills that are exempt from animation delays. It'll be fixed in the next update. :o

none notice this, since you are the only one who good at PVP CHAMP ryan.. LOL

everybody use champ for MVP hunt..

btw, nice fast response perry XD