GemGem

What happened? Please help

1st i have 29869 Pcs of Gold and i sold it to NPC with over price.

But when i reach 2 billion, the gold gone and no zeny added to my zeny..very sad :sad:

then i have 2 mitril coin to buy item in zeny NPC but i cant buy anything..very sad again :sad:

all zeny gone then cant even buy ..so sad :sad:

dsds.png

I've spoken to GemGem about this in-game. @Perry the Platypus

Just would like to clarify that there were 2 concerns.

1. Zeny Shop NPC didn't accept MCs due to having 0 Zeny

If the Zeny Shop NPC requires zeny, it's not stated in the introduction window - "This shop uses Mithril Coins as the currency,so make sure you trade your Zeny to coins first!". Therefore, it may lead to a confusion to new players (especially those who are new at RO).

Suggestion: Is there a way to make the Zeny Shop NPC proceed with the transaction despite not having any zeny?  

2. Sold Gold for a total that exceeds 2 billion zeny

• # of gold sold: 29869
  • Total zeny: 3 703 756 000 zeny
  • Max limit: 2 000 000 000 zeny
  • Difference: 1 703 756 000 zeny

Action needed: Could we add the difference back to player's account as s/he wasn't aware of the limit?

Edited by Scrub

@Scrub Thank you for kindness and consideration!

1st problem: I have 2 mithril coin but i cant buy any item in Zeny NPC

2nd problem: i sold my 29869 pcs of gold in NPC with over price (28 869 x 12 400)

and got only 2 000 000 000.

Thank you! ::happy:

1 hour ago, Scrub said:

I've spoken to GemGem about this in-game. @Perry the Platypus

Just would like to clarify that there were 2 concerns.

1. Zeny Shop NPC didn't accept MCs due to having 0 Zeny

If the Zeny Shop NPC requires zeny, it's not stated in the introduction window - "This shop uses Mithril Coins as the currency,so make sure you trade your Zeny to coins first!". Therefore, it may lead to a confusion to new players (especially those who are new at RO).

Suggestion: Is there a way to make the Zeny Shop NPC proceed with the transaction despite not having any zeny?  

If i understand correctly, the check for 2z seems to still apply, and because the character posesses 0z, it says that you dont have enough zeny, because it compares the shop's price to your actual zeny instead of your, in this case, mithril coins. I think it would be possible to fix it. 

I'd like to point out, however, in order to prevent further issues with the max zeny limit, that the coins converting NPC has an option to convert gold into coins, and this conversion takes into account the overcharge skill, making the conversion in an almost equal value. (roughly 8064 gold required for 1 mithril coin)

Thanks so much, Saku for clarifying! I do like the suggestion that the conversion would consider the Overcharge skill.

45 minutes ago, Scrub said:

Thanks so much, Saku for clarifying! I do like the suggestion that the conversion would consider the Overcharge skill.

The npc actually already does consider overcharge, it takes 8064 gold to convert to one mithril coin, which is roughly 1b in overcharge price. Without overcharge, it would be 10000 gold.

3 hours ago, Scrub said:

If I recall correctly this check is actually done on the client side, not the server, which unfortunately makes it a lot more difficult to fix because any changes there would also affect normal shops that are actually supposed to have the check. I can double check this when I have some extra time but I'm not certain this would be easy to fix, unless I can find a weird workaround method for it - I will look to see if I can find anything that might work though.

Also, as a random aside, this actually affects all of the shops, not just the Zeny Shop. :o

3 hours ago, Scrub said:

Action needed: Could we add the difference back to player's account as s/he wasn't aware of the limit?

Unfortunately we can't do this, as there aren't any logs to verify it. Only certain items are included in the item logs, and Gold isn't logged because it would put some strain on the server (active GR parties would be producing hundreds of logs per second), so we don't actually have any records of the NPC sale. :(