Sign in to follow this  
Elvenskin

Quality Time in AnomalyRO

Let this thread be a record of FUN MOMENTS in AnomalyRO. Post the story and/or the screenshot of your happy moments. Share the fun! Peace!

Format for Posting

Title/Description/Caption(Optional)

Screenshot(s)

"Lazy to farm gold? No Problem! I will farm for you!"

This happened earlier today when Rhapsody <3 started a gold room party that accepted AFK-ers. Nyok asked me if she can auto-follow my character while I farm so she doesn't get kicked out of the room. I told her she can auto-follow me, and so I farmed without using jump command.  *Skipping the actual farming*

Before the party disbanded, this is what it looked like on my screen!

AnomalyRO_2018-01-07_21-13-40.png

Edited by Elvenskin

Not to kill the mood or anything, but since others will see this, it's probably worth noting that that's actually a jailable offense since they're intentionally bypassing a system meant to prevent afking. We'll leave it this time but future cases will result in a warning and/or jail for the followers if we see it.

Not sure why you want to set this as jailable offense as should players dislike this idea, the player who is being followed could just @jump away or kick out of party to stop the auto follow and/or gold earnings. If the whole party is okay with this, I'm not sure why you would want to set this under regulation :( And everyone weren't really afk. They were talking in party chat and @main. It was fun making Glenn like a MVP boss in there sob T^T

Good bye GR fun and yolo pooping golds for the lewl

Edited by Elkkira

The offense is intentionally bypassing the afk system, which is there for the same reason botting programs etc are against the rules. If they're not actually afk it's fine; it's only an offense if they're using it to afk farm the Gold Room for an extended period (pseudo-botting). I'll work on an update to prevent it from working either way, I'm just clarifying that it is considered cheating in the meantime.

Actually, gold farmers often ask their friends to AFK in the gold room so they could farm faster. Party leaders also put in their ads that they accept AFKs so people would join the party. So I don't think those people auto-following/AFKing in the room should be punished immediately when you see them doing it because maybe it is not their intention to cheat. 

Edited by Elvenskin

The system autokicks if you're afk for 5+ minutes, so bypassing it intentionally is considered cheating (again, it's basically the same as using botting software). Having people who are semi-afk (like a Creator @jumping every few minutes) is fine, but this is something that could be used to afk for an extended period while getting free Gold.

And I know it's not necessarily intentional - we very rarely punish immediately. :o The vast majority of our rules (this one included) start off with a warning to account for people who may have been unaware of what they were doing.

feelsbadman gun
now back to auto attack 26 dmg per hit and check back every 4 minutes

feelsbadman gun

Due to ppl would not get my stuff, i think i should refrain posting anyhting "fun related".

-Post removed-

Edited by Vyra