Sign in to follow this  
Sakuretsu

Repeatable freezing snow powder quest

Hello,

To summon ktullanux, one must first complete complete this quest: https://irowiki.org/wiki/Ice_Necklace_Quest  in order to obtain 4 units of "Freezing snow powder" used in removing the flames in ice dungeon 3. Doing so summons ktullanux. Ice scales that drop from ktullanux or old blue boxes can also be used to remove the flames, but it requires to kill ktullanux, or open a huge amount of blue boxes... Plus, the freezing snow powder quest may only be completed once per character.

I suggest for a quest that can be repeated to obtain those 4 freezing snow powders, though i don't have any ideas set into stone as to what the quest should be. All i have is suggestions for it. I don't think the normal quest items for the vanilla quest (hammer, 5 rough wind, blank scroll) would fit for the custom quest, but here's an idea:

100 ice cubics
25 glacial hearts
5 mystic frozen

to obtain 4 pieces of freezing snow powder.

If anyone has any ideas of quest item requirements, please post them.

The thing is you have to do a new character to get the freezing snow powders every time. Sure they're easy to get, but its annoying to create a character and level it up to a point it wont die in ice cave 2 every time time you want to fight ktullanux. Eventually you run out of character slots by doing that and you'll have to delete-recreate characters for the powders.

It's more for the convenience of getting the powders/scales again on the same character than the easiness of doing the actual quest for it. Especially now that ktullanux card is useful for gold room farmers.

Edited by Sakuretsu

It wasn't forgotten, it's just still on my list. =P Making the Freezing Snow Powder obtainable directly though is actually a lot simpler (originally the entire quest was going to be made repeatable), so I've updated my notes to just do that now. I am curious if using them as a shop item might preferable though.

Basically the 3 choices would be a quest as suggested, putting them in the Poring Coin Shop (add a bit of value to PCs), or putting them in the BG Shop to encourage more activity there.

I'll leave this open for a bit to get some feedback on which of those 3 options would be preferred. :o I imagine a quest would be the most sensible option but figured I'd throw the idea out there and see what others think.

Sorry for bumping a very old post but what was the resolution of this? is the Ktullanux quest now repeatable or?

There's a separate repeatable quest now at Rachel 109 134; just a simple item fetch quest, trade in a small set of items (and 5 Silver Coins) to get 4 Freezing Snow Powder.