Sign in to follow this  
fri3drice

Bloody Weapons

is there any plan to make bloody weapon of all weapon type? (guitar,whip,book,knife,spear,.....shield maybe?)

i just feel like that sniper is heavily favored in MVP, and for others like myself (mainly a pvm player) that doesn't like playing sniper would really appreciate if we can play our class of choice to MVP.

thank you

There aren't currently any plans to add other bloody weapons, though their effects likely wouldn't be big enough to make other classes viable even if they were added. It's worth noting that Soul Linker and Champion can kill quite a few MVPs a lot faster than Snipers, so while Snipers do well against some specific MVPs (ones where Gloom or Ktullanux are applicable being a notable example), they're not the top class for all of them. Professor can also be used to some success, though they're quite a bit more expensive to gear for it, and I think they're outclassed by Soul Linkers in every case.

Bloody Blade can of course be used as well, though the main class it applies to (Assassin Cross, dual wielding) unfortunately still lags behind the top MVP classes as far as I know - pretty easy to gear for it though, at least.

Other classes really don't have enough in their kits to compete in MVPing. A custom weapon that gives them a 20-30% DPS boost wouldn't be enough to change that, which means it would require a lot more than just adding the weapons; either they'd need some pretty heavy adjustments to their skills to improve their DPS, or a number of other custom items would be needed to make up the rest of the difference. Both of these would be much larger updates, whereas the Bloody weapons were meant for more minor adjustments.

That's not to say I wouldn't be open to making changes to the current MVPing meta, just that the scope of that would be a lot larger than just the weapons. With development currently being on hold, that unfortunately means larger updates like this would likely be postponed until I'm able to work more consistently on the server again.

4 hours ago, Perry the Platypus said:

Other classes really don't have enough in their kits to compete in MVPing.

i dont really wanna compete with them,, i just want to know that i can secure the MVP before some sniper or linker come and deal some ridiculous amount of dmg and kill stealing it,... (happened to me before, i was like 3-5mins ahead of a specific MVP and i only manage to drop it to like 80+% hp and a sniper came and just dealt 400k+ dmg in a single skill and insta killed it in seconds)